3 Hellfires - 5 bad guys looking for their virgins

Alexa

So cool

Don't these guys hear the helicopters out there?

I don't think those are helicopters. I think it is one of those drone planes. I saw a story on 60 minutes about them and they were able to sit in on one of their missions. The video looks similar. If so, they wouldn't have heard anything much less see anything. The drones are so high up, they can't be seen and so quiet, they can't be heard.

glhs837

Power with Control
I imagine theres always helicopters around, 24/7. And localizing the sound of a helo at night, if he's up a few thousnad feet might be a bit tough.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
I don't think those are helicopters. I think it is one of those drone planes. I saw a story on 60 minutes about them and they were able to sit in on one of their missions. The video looks similar. If so, they wouldn't have heard anything much less see anything. The drones are so high up, they can't be seen and so quiet, they can't be heard.

Why cause it is using FLIR?

Clearly indicates it's an Apache gun ship.

Alexa

Why cause it is using FLIR?

Clearly indicates it's an Apache gun ship.

I'm clearly not an expert on military stuff. I was just trying to muster a guess on why the individuals on the ground couldn't hear them.

Don't laugh...but....

How can you tell it is an Apache gun ship? And what is an FLIR?

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
I'm clearly not an expert on military stuff. I was just trying to muster a guess on why the individuals on the ground couldn't hear them.

Don't laugh...but....

FLIR = Forward Looking Infra Red (lets you see things at night by their heat signature).

It is an Apache because a drone has to keep moving whereas there were several shots of the bird hoovering still.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"

Don't laugh...but....

Baja answered some of it... but it moves like a helicopter and the video is labeled AH-64 which is the Apache- Attack Helicopter. The video is consistent with other Apache vids that have been making their way to the media since the wars in the Middle East, so I'd say it is safe to say the text associated with the vid is accurate.

Hessian

Viet Nam...

ruined the role of media support of our troops.

Some of you might remember the old B & W newsreels that came out weekly during WWII & Korea. Yes, it showed our guys taking some punishment, but in the end: the good guys win.

This video demonstrates such incredible professionalism, precision...techniques. If there was a "reality" show that covered what our guys are doing "over there" that actually got on the networks,...I would think it would get good ratings. WE WANT TO SEE WINNERS, NOT WHINERS.

Thanks for posting this...It is good to know that although our media is too scared & too liberal to report the great things our troops are doing...some of their efforts are getting noticed.

I KNOW Al Jazerra doesn't show this stuff,...just like ABC, CBS, & NBC...gee,...interesting parallel in coverage, hmmm.

SoMDGirl42

Don't laugh...but....

If you surf through some of the other videos, you can see some video of a Predator (unmanned Air Vehicle) taking out some bad dudes with the hellfire missiles.