4H in St Mary's

L

Localboy

I have been out of 4-H for around 16 years now, and the one I was in is gone. I'm looking for one that does alot with horses, cows, and goats.

onebdzee

off the shelf
As opposed to asking a stranger on the internet for a personal experience? :confused:

:yeahthat:

Go to the fair tomorrow when they do the auction of the farm animals(not sure what time it is)....those would be the 4H guys that are selling the animals

L

Localboy

I'm glad to see that this worked out well for you. See ya at the fair! :howdy:

How dumb of me to thimk that people on the farm animal forum would have any knowledge of 4-H or farm animals. The forums must just be for people like you to make dumb remarks. I guess all the people that go on the forums and ask about a good neighborhood a good place to eat, or mechanic also shouldn't ask. Again thanks for being so helpful.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
How dumb of me to thimk that people on the farm animal forum would have any knowledge of 4-H or farm animals. The forums must just be for people like you to make dumb remarks. I guess all the people that go on the forums and ask about a good neighborhood a good place to eat, or mechanic also shouldn't ask. Again thanks for being so helpful.

If you look a little closer, someone started a thread about starting a new 4H Chapter. YW.

onebdzee

off the shelf
How dumb of me to think that people on the farm animal forum would have any knowledge of 4-H or farm animals. The forums must just be for people like you to make dumb remarks. I guess all the people that go on the forums and ask about a good neighborhood a good place to eat, or mechanic also shouldn't ask. Again thanks for being so helpful.

I think what she was trying to tell you was that the people that could give you direction as to where the 4-H activities are, are at the fair with their farm animals....Your best opportunity to get the information you were looking for was there this weekend....they are quite busy this time of year because of all the county fairs/festivals going on

Don't be suprised if you don't get much information this week either....Calvert county fair starts Thursday(I believe)

L

Localboy

I think what she was trying to tell you was that the people that could give you direction as to where the 4-H activities are, are at the fair with their farm animals....Your best opportunity to get the information you were looking for was there this weekend....they are quite busy this time of year because of all the county fairs/festivals going on

Don't be suprised if you don't get much information this week either....Calvert county fair starts Thursday(I believe)

I was at the fair. I don't like to bother people when they are busy, and they seemed busy getting the animals ready. I know when I showed all the animal prep work was done at the fair. I thought I could post somethng, and people could answer as they had time. Not a big deal.

C

campinmutt

I was at the fair. I don't like to bother people when they are busy, and they seemed busy getting the animals ready. I know when I showed all the animal prep work was done at the fair. I thought I could post somethng, and people could answer as they had time. Not a big deal.

just contact your local extension office.they will give you a list of all the 4h groups in the county. we have one in calvert and there is a great one (mouted wanderers) in charles...I am not sure of the ones in st.mary's ,good luck in your search !!

CountryLady

luvmyponies
Let me see if I can help!

Your county extension office is a good resource.

ALSO:

Anyone can start a local club. Check our website out to find what 4-H is all about and call our office if you are interested in being a volunteer leader or child/teen in 4-H at 301-475-4477 or 301-475-4478.

LOCAL CLUBS:
http://stmarys.umd.edu/4H/Local_4H_Clubs/4H Club Listings 2009a.pdf

How long were you in 4-H?:coffee:

OTHER SOMD COUNTIES:
Calvert:
4-H Youth Development - Calvert County

Charles:
they don't have a listing of their clubs online. contact the local extension office

Last edited:
L

Localboy

Your county extension office is a good resource.

ALSO:

Anyone can start a local club. Check our website out to find what 4-H is all about and call our office if you are interested in being a volunteer leader or child/teen in 4-H at 301-475-4477 or 301-475-4478.

LOCAL CLUBS:
http://stmarys.umd.edu/4H/Local_4H_Clubs/4H Club Listings 2009a.pdf

How long were you in 4-H?:coffee:

OTHER SOMD COUNTIES:
Calvert:
4-H Youth Development - Calvert County

Charles:
they don't have a listing of their clubs online. contact the local extension office

I was in it for about 8 years the last group was Barn Buddies. After turning 18, I was a volunteer instructor at the PG. Equestrian Center 4-H horse camp for a couple a years. I'm not sure if they still do that.

CountryLady

luvmyponies
I was in it for about 8 years the last group was Barn Buddies. After turning 18, I was a volunteer instructor at the PG. Equestrian Center 4-H horse camp for a couple a years. I'm not sure if they still do that.

Curious, in what way are you looking to get involved now?:coffee:

CountryLady

luvmyponies
I'm looking for a group that is active with showing livestock for my kids to join.

COOL, did you try the links I provided about the local groups. you can ask them to invite your kids to a meeting and dicuss with them what is involved with their club. Sometimes this gives the kids in the club a chance to give a demonstration or presentation to show NEW Members what its like to be involved with their club. Always look for opp to get the kids involved with public speaking even if it is a small group. Gets them comfortable with it.

So, What age group?

Elle

Happy Camper!
What area of the county are you located in? There are several clubs that are active in the livestock project.

Last edited: