##### needed in coming year

Suz

33 yrs & we r still n luv
Bogart will be needing a ##### within the next year. He's ready now but too young..... In the meantime he'll keep practicing with his towel nightly @ 6PM.
:killingme

Attachments

• DSC02624.JPG
    DSC02624.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 133
  • DSC02639.JPG
    DSC02639.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 137
  • DSC02644.JPG
    DSC02644.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 115

Toxick

Splat
Bogart will be needing a ##### within the next year. He's ready now but too young..... In the meantime he'll keep practicing with his towel nightly @ 6PM.

I posted a thread with this exact title last year.

The content of the thread was quite different though, and I didn't get any responses.

I hope your dog has better luck.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Show quality? Says who..the breeder that sold him at 6 weeks? What has he won? He should not be put out for stud until he is two years old.

TurboK9

:yeahthat: I also think this is the same dog that dropped out of puppy kindergarten!

I don't think they administer IQ tests at conformation shows, so he should be OK. :dork:

Be as picky as you want, but anyone who actually shows will be even pickier. Ahhhh nothing like backyard breeding to get the blood pumping and the ire up....

Suz

What are you going to do with the pups?

That would be worked out with the female's owner.

I posted a thread with this exact title last year.

The content of the thread was quite different though, and I didn't get any responses.

I hope your dog has better luck.

Show quality? Says who..the breeder that sold him at 6 weeks? What has he won? He should not be put out for stud until he is two years old.

scuse me, what the hell do you know catt? YOU have no clue what age he was when he was sold so STFU! And I say he is show quality. Any one ever tell you what a ##### you sound like? Maybe you need to get laid.

:yeahthat: I also think this is the same dog that dropped out of puppy kindergarten!

Same goes for you. We didn't care for the "teacher". And he is being trained and doing wonderfully.

I don't think they administer IQ tests at conformation shows, so he should be OK. :dork:

Be as picky as you want, but anyone who actually shows will be even pickier. Ahhhh nothing like backyard breeding to get the blood pumping and the ire up....

There won't be backyard breeding idiot.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
scuse me, what the hell do you know catt? YOU have no clue what age he was when he was sold so STFU! And I say he is show quality. Any one ever tell you what a ##### you sound like? Maybe you need to get laid.

:lmao: Well, had you not deleted the thread where you said he was 6 weeks old, everyone could see that. And yeah, I'm a ##### where animals are concerned. Get laid? :lol: I'm show quality and I'm picky.

Yeah..okay.

TurboK9

:bigwhoop:

Wow I guess we know who the ##### is now don't we?

You come on a community forum looking in advance for a ##### to stud your 'show quality' dog to, and what? You are a professional breeder?

Show quality according to who? How many conformation judges have examined your dog? Has your dog ever been in a ring? Will it stand for examination? Has it been temperament tested? Can you list the typical health problems with Chows and have you had your dog checked by a vet to be reasonably sure the dog won't pass on the genetics for Dysplaia, Entropion, Patella luxation... have you had the dog CERFed and / or OFA'd? Have you even had the hips X-rayed?

I'm guessing the answer to all of the above is no. If I'm wrong, my apologies. But since you mentioned nothing of health / temperament or anything to indicate your dog is actually has suitable conformation in your OP, or since, well, sure sounds like the beginnings of a BYB bag of river puppies to me.

Lots of 'show quality' dogs never see the ring, and lots of others don't get very far. Lots more get the big sleepy needle because of ignorant people who think their dogs are 'show quality' and should be bred, or breed for any reason other than betterment of the breed health and temperment. Frankly, it's disgusting.

Cowgirl

That would be worked out with the female's owner.

I'm just curious because I don't really understand why male dog owners want to breed their dog. :shrug: I guess I thought that most show quality dogs show first and get to Ch then breed. :shrug:

TurboK9

I'm just curious because I don't really understand why male dog owners want to breed their dog. :shrug: I guess I thought that most show quality dogs show first and get to Ch then breed. :shrug:

Oh he's already got a Ch. Can't you read? He's a Chow!

:drummer:

TurboK9

I had a male Doberman that went out for stud a few times... But, he was a Yugoslavian import w/ his IPO3, SCH3, FR2 and had his Ch. Good healthy Dobes with a proper temperament for work are getting harder to find, so he was good stock for genetic diversity, health, and temperament improvement for US working breeders. The pups were always waitlisted and only went to owners who trained / competed for certain working dog trials. I'm proud to say he was the only dog I've ever had that was bred.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out

You come on a community forum looking in advance for a ##### to stud your 'show quality' dog to, and what? You are a professional breeder?

Show quality according to who? How many conformation judges have examined your dog? Has your dog ever been in a ring? Will it stand for examination? Has it been temperament tested? Can you list the typical health problems with Chows and have you had your dog checked by a vet to be reasonably sure the dog won't pass on the genetics for Dysplaia, Entropion, Patella luxation... have you had the dog CERFed and / or OFA'd? Have you even had the hips X-rayed?

I'm guessing the answer to all of the above is no. If I'm wrong, my apologies. But since you mentioned nothing of health / temperament or anything to indicate your dog is actually has suitable conformation in your OP, or since, well, sure sounds like the beginnings of a BYB bag of river puppies to me.

Lots of 'show quality' dogs never see the ring, and lots of others don't get very far. Lots more get the big sleepy needle because of ignorant people who think their dogs are 'show quality' and should be bred, or breed for any reason other than betterment of the breed health and temperment. Frankly, it's disgusting.
:yeahthat: :high5: to Turbo and to CATT!!!! Both are very knowledgeable about breeding animals.

Im sure "Suz" has no clue!

so here is a little add on to your post Turbo... Its all on Akc.org... so she can look it up (under breeding... but since she is HAS A SHOW DOG she knows all about this)

Breeding dogs has been a passion for people through many centuries. Part art, part science, and total devotion, breeding will show you all the best in the human-and-dog bond. It is exciting and challenging.

Breeding purebred dogs is also time consuming, expensive, and, occasionally, heartbreaking. If you go forward, your underlying purpose should be to improve the breed - not just increase its numbers.

Breeding a litter should begin with knowledge. Responsible breeders devote time to learning as much as they can about their breed, about canine health and training, and about AKC rules. How can you become an expert?

Study your breed standard. This is the official version of the "perfect" breed specimen and should be the starting place for any breeder. The AKC offers breed videos with real-life examples, and many parent clubs offer more detailed, illustrated versions of their standards for more in-depth research.

Attend dog events. Watch dogs in action and study the pedigrees of those you like. Ask questions of breeders involved in your breed. Research your breed by visiting the breed’s national parent club website. Find and attend a local club meeting to meet other breeders.

Read, read, read! Your library and bookstore are invaluable sources of information about canine health and breeding. Some books, including the Complete Dog Book and American Kennel Club Dog Care and Training, are available in the AKC Store. The AKC Gazette and other dog magazines have informative articles about breeding as well.

The motto of the responsible breeder of purebred dogs is "Breed to Improve."

Every dog is the best dog in the world to its owner. Responsible breeders, however, know to avoid "kennel blindness" -- in other words, they take a step back and honestly evaluate the good and bad points of their dogs before making the decision to breed. The goal of breeding, after all, is to produce a better dog and a quality pet.

Examine your dog carefully. Recognize its flaws. If you decide to continue with the breeding process, look for a mate that will eliminate or balance those flaws. The national parent club for your breed may also provide assistance.

One of the best ways to get an objective opinion of your dog is to test it against others. Consider attending a dog show to determine how your dog measures up against the best specimens of its breed.

L

luckystar

I agree with everyone else. Suz, please don't breed just to breed. So many things could go wrong. Think long, hard, and thoroughly about the welfare of the litter. The pups may or may not be born healthy, and may not be able to be adopted out due to their health, lack of buyer interest, or price range. Do you have the time and energy to put into something like this if you do follow through? Do you have the money to insure the health of these pups? Does your Chow have health insurance? Do you know what kind of money this will cost you, and do you even have that kind of money? If the answer to any one of these questions is "no," then I believe you should seriously reconsider your decision. Are you doing this to make money? If the answer to that is yes, you should drop it altogether. These animals are not things to be bought and sold to improve the economy. They're our friends, not our property.

Catt is one of the most informed in this area on the board. You should listen to her and take her responses seriously instead of lashing out the way you did. She has genuine concern for the well-being of animals.

Suz

:lmao: Well, had you not deleted the thread where you said he was 6 weeks old, everyone could see that. And yeah, I'm a ##### where animals are concerned. Get laid? :lol: I'm show quality and I'm picky.

Yeah..okay.

Well here's some info for you since you WERE NOT in the truck and sharing the 16 hour drive to pick him up.......... After you posted in the last thread about the law and age thing, I followed up on it with the breeder and the state of Ohio. And made sure he was of legal age before I picked him up. I know your passionate about animals etc and I respect that, know the facts before you attack me.

Good post and thanks for the info. Given the fact that I have plenty of time before he is old enough to mate, I was planning on doing a lot of research before hand.

As for show quality. It's MY OPINION, based on the ribbons, papers, trophies his parents have won and his pedigree papers, that he is of show quality. I don't plan to breed him just for $$. My intent is the same as the breeders I got him from. To promote the breed for quality, temperment and excellent health. And yes, he has been checked from head to toe by a qualified vet and will have it done again before he is bred.

She's gonna give them her bedroom.

If necessary I sure will!

:yeahthat: :high5: to Turbo and to CATT!!!! Both are very knowledgeable about breeding animals.

Im sure "Suz" has no clue!

so here is a little add on to your post Turbo... Its all on Akc.org... so she can look it up (under breeding... but since she is HAS A SHOW DOG she knows all about this)

Breeding dogs has been a passion for people through many centuries. Part art, part science, and total devotion, breeding will show you all the best in the human-and-dog bond. It is exciting and challenging.

Breeding purebred dogs is also time consuming, expensive, and, occasionally, heartbreaking. If you go forward, your underlying purpose should be to improve the breed - not just increase its numbers.

Breeding a litter should begin with knowledge. Responsible breeders devote time to learning as much as they can about their breed, about canine health and training, and about AKC rules. How can you become an expert?

Study your breed standard. This is the official version of the "perfect" breed specimen and should be the starting place for any breeder. The AKC offers breed videos with real-life examples, and many parent clubs offer more detailed, illustrated versions of their standards for more in-depth research.

Attend dog events. Watch dogs in action and study the pedigrees of those you like. Ask questions of breeders involved in your breed. Research your breed by visiting the breed’s national parent club website. Find and attend a local club meeting to meet other breeders.

Read, read, read! Your library and bookstore are invaluable sources of information about canine health and breeding. Some books, including the Complete Dog Book and American Kennel Club Dog Care and Training, are available in the AKC Store. The AKC Gazette and other dog magazines have informative articles about breeding as well.

The motto of the responsible breeder of purebred dogs is "Breed to Improve."

Every dog is the best dog in the world to its owner. Responsible breeders, however, know to avoid "kennel blindness" -- in other words, they take a step back and honestly evaluate the good and bad points of their dogs before making the decision to breed. The goal of breeding, after all, is to produce a better dog and a quality pet.

Examine your dog carefully. Recognize its flaws. If you decide to continue with the breeding process, look for a mate that will eliminate or balance those flaws. The national parent club for your breed may also provide assistance.

One of the best ways to get an objective opinion of your dog is to test it against others. Consider attending a dog show to determine how your dog measures up against the best specimens of its breed.

Another good post. Thanks.

I agree with everyone else. Suz, please don't breed just to breed. So many things could go wrong. Think long, hard, and thoroughly about the welfare of the litter. The pups may or may not be born healthy, and may not be able to be adopted out due to their health, lack of buyer interest, or price range. Do you have the time and energy to put into something like this if you do follow through? Do you have the money to insure the health of these pups? Does your Chow have health insurance? Do you know what kind of money this will cost you, and do you even have that kind of money? If the answer to any one of these questions is "no," then I believe you should seriously reconsider your decision. Are you doing this to make money? If the answer to that is yes, you should drop it altogether. These animals are not things to be bought and sold to improve the economy. They're our friends, not our property.

Catt is one of the most informed in this area on the board. You should listen to her and take her responses seriously instead of lashing out the way you did. She has genuine concern for the well-being of animals.

Thanks.