What's the weirdest thing you eat?

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Ok everyone has something that they absolutely love to eat but the rest of the world thinks it's revolting. What's yours?

Mine is Spaghetti O's with about a tablespoon of ranch dressing mixed in....

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
I had alligator once. Tasted like a cross between frog legs and chicken.

Never try "uni" :barf:

FIREMAN

Originally posted by pixiegirl
[B

Mine is Spaghetti O's with about a tablespoon of ranch dressing mixed in.... [/B]

Might want to suggest this mixture to Tater.
Everything taste great with ranch.

I guess mine would be grilled cheese with penut butter on top of the sandwich.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Originally posted by Sharon
I had alligator once. Tasted like a cross between frog legs and chicken.

I've had gator a couple times. It's pretty decent. I thought it tasted like fishy/gamey chicken. I've usually had it in GA but got some on my last trip to VA Beach at a place called A J Gators.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Peanut butter and bacon sandwiches - the bread MUST be toasted so the peanut butter melts some and the bacon must be VERY crispy.

I also eat scrapple. :yum:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
mmmmm....

Originally posted by BchBns
peanut butter and marshmallow fluff sandwich ... people seem to think that's nuts, but not near as crazy as the first couple entries listed above ... geez :barf:

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

I LOVE those sandwiches..and pb and honey and pb and bread & butter pickles...although I haven't had that in a long while...

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Originally posted by BchBns
peanut butter and marshmallow fluff sandwich ... people seem to think that's nuts, but not near as crazy as the first couple entries listed above ... geez :barf:

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

I'll have to try that. I like PB, banana and honey sandwiches.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by jazz lady

Scrapple's good, although when I was about 9yrs old I found out what was in it. I ate it anyway. :lol:

My daughter makes PB and banana sandwiches, my sons PB and honey or fluff or sugar. They like the PB & J in one jar too.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Sausage, Egg and Cheese sandwich/biscuit etc. with Horseradish and a touch of BBQ sauce.

Worlds better than ketchup.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Originally posted by jazz lady

Yuck! The only thing worse than that is chitlins! :barf: :barf:

Who had the idea that pig intestines were edible? What were they thinking? But then, I used to eat hot dogs and I didn't know what is really in them (lips and anuses, I guess).

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
I almost forgot I LOVE escargo (sp?) but I only get it once a year when I visit my grandmother. My mom has tried to make it and just can't seem to get it right. I haven't even attempted to make it.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Originally posted by pixiegirl
I almost forgot I LOVE escargo (sp?) ...
Couldn't bring myself to eat that. I just spray'em before they destroy the garden.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Originally posted by Kyle955
Couldn't bring myself to eat that. I just spray'em before they destroy the garden.

When my mom made it it was nasty. My g-ma puts lots of butter and garlic on them and it rocks!

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I also love to mix mashed potatoes and corn together, and smother with butter. You can also make them into pancakes and fry them.

Dang, I'm getting HON-GRE now!

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Mashed potatoes

mixed with almost anything is great...peas, meat loaf, pork roast...ooohh, the list goes on and on....Shepherd's pie comes to mind...

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Re: Mashed potatoes

Originally posted by cattitude
Shepherd's pie comes to mind...

Have you tried the one at CD Cafe in Solomons? Mmmmm.... but a bit spicy...

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Thick pancake batter w/corn mixed in --fried! My kids love it.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Re: Re: Re: Mashed potatoes

Originally posted by cattitude

Where's that?

CD Cafe is in the Avondale Center - two story white building on the left side before you get to Catamarans, Solomons Pier, etc. The regular menu has some great items on it and they have nightly specials - usually seafood - that are excellent.

Lilly

The Original Lilly
When I was a kid I loved those canned peaches. I would sprinkle them with brown sugar and cinnamon which doesn't sound half bad - but then I would dip them in mustard! I don't know what was wrong with me!! I wouldn't do it now so I guess I can blame it on immature taste buds. I would also eat butter. That's it - just butter - not on bread or potatoes - just pats of butter whenever I could get away with it!