MVA One Overturned - Clements

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet
MVA One Overturned with Flyout - Clements

Infront of 24479 Budds Creek Road. One reported to be overturned

1633; It's going to be between the two entrances to Horseshoe Road
1635; Chief 100A on the scene, no update
1636; Two children, mother -- seatbelt caught one of the children across the neck.
1636; All are out of the vehicle.
1638; Mother complaining of back injuries, one child that was caught across the neck by the seatbelt, the other child appears OK.
1639; LT on the scene advising one juvenile may have been ejected with neck, back and leg injuries.
1643; Sounds like there is some confusion as to the actual injuries.
1645; Deputies are going to be directing traffic
1646; Category A Helo started; per ALS on the scene.
1649; Landing the helo in the field behind the scene
1649; Trooper 7 has a 13 minute ETA. The mother is being flown; trying to ascertain whether the kids can fly aswell.
1652; Command now advising just the adult female is going to be flown
1657; One going to SMH priority 2
1700; Trooper 7 with a 4 minute ETA

Last edited:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
I came thru there about a half hour ago.
One vehicle, off the road and on it's side about 30 yards away from the road in somebody's front yard with front end damage.

My thought was you'd really have to screw up bad to put your car in that position

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
I came thru there about a half hour ago.
One vehicle, off the road and on it's side about 30 yards away from the road in somebody's front yard with front end damage.

My thought was you'd really have to screw up bad to put your car in that position
That's a straight stretch of road. I bet she was texting.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
That's a straight stretch of road. I bet she was texting.

Yep, she was heading east so there was an uphill streatch before she left the road. Had to have slid on the side for a while because it was behind a tree.
One she wasn't doing is driving
That would suck if she got to be the first person busted for texting :lol:

G1G4

Kids could have distracted her, deer could've jumped infront of her. Could've been alot of things.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Kids could have distracted her, deer could've jumped infront of her. Could've been alot of things.
Kids should be in a car seat or belted in, anyone who wrecks trying to avoid a deer deserves what they get, define "alot of things".

She was texting.... :lmao:

Seriously, hope they are all ok.

mmesser0

C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS!
Ladies & Gents,
My husband and I were directly behind this lady when she wrecked and saw the whole damn thing go down. Thankfully for her & the kids, my husband is a PGFD Firefighter in the process of becoming a Paramedic. Per herself and the little boy, the mother fell asleep. She hit the tree and that's when the car flipped. Had that tree not been there, she would've went right into the house straight ahead and into the living room, where a woman was sitting watching TV. It's a shame when the little boy told the mom before they left the house she should take a nap first because she was tired. What if she had killed her own children? I don't understand people like this. But anyway, one thing I learned from this: I hope I NEVER wreck in St.Mary's County. It took 5 minutes for 2 cops to arrive, and 15 minutes before the first ambulance arrived. Ridiculous! And those are from the times that I called 911. The little girl was in bad shape (couldn't feel right leg, complaining of neck/back pain) and my husband said she AND the mother needed to be flown out. But somebody made the great decision to only fly the mother. I sure hope that little girl is ok! As well as the little boy, too. But he initially was only complaining about his wrist hurting, so hopefully that was the extent of his injuries. Many thanks and kuddos to all of those who assisted my husband in getting the children out and cutting that poor girl down from her seatbelt. I was in the vehicle with our daughter watching and got really freaked out when I saw them pull the 2 children out. I feel for them and hope they are all ok!!

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Ladies & Gents,
My husband and I were directly behind this lady when she wrecked and saw the whole damn thing go down. Thankfully for her & the kids, my husband is a PGFD Firefighter in the process of becoming a Paramedic. Per herself and the little boy, the mother fell asleep. She hit the tree and that's when the car flipped. Had that tree not been there, she would've went right into the house straight ahead and into the living room, where a woman was sitting watching TV. It's a shame when the little boy told the mom before they left the house she should take a nap first because she was tired. What if she had killed her own children? I don't understand people like this. But anyway, one thing I learned from this: I hope I NEVER wreck in St.Mary's County. It took 5 minutes for 2 cops to arrive, and 15 minutes before the first ambulance arrived. Ridiculous! And those are from the times that I called 911. The little girl was in bad shape (couldn't feel right leg, complaining of neck/back pain) and my husband said she AND the mother needed to be flown out. But somebody made the great decision to only fly the mother. I sure hope that little girl is ok! As well as the little boy, too. But he initially was only complaining about his wrist hurting, so hopefully that was the extent of his injuries. Many thanks and kuddos to all of those who assisted my husband in getting the children out and cutting that poor girl down from her seatbelt. I was in the vehicle with our daughter watching and got really freaked out when I saw them pull the 2 children out. I feel for them and hope they are all ok!!
Thanks to your hubby for helping but something you have to understand. This isn't PG County (nor do we want it to be). That happens to be a very rural stretch of road and the nearest firehouse/ambulance is approximately 10 miles away. We are also an all volunteer county which means we don't have paid medics sitting around waiting for a call. To get there in 15 minutes was pretty good!

St. Marys is a small county and we don't have a cop on every corner (as is needed in crime ridden PG County). 5 minutes to that area for a cop was a great response time.

SoMDGirl42

Thanks to your hubby for helping but something you have to understand. This isn't PG County (nor do we want it to be). That happens to be a very rural stretch of road and the nearest firehouse/ambulance is approximately 10 miles away. We are also an all volunteer county which means we don't have paid medics sitting around waiting for a call. To get there in 15 minutes was pretty good!

St. Marys is a small county and we don't have a cop on every corner (as is needed in crime ridden PG County). 5 minutes to that area for a cop was a great response time.

:yeahthat: And since your hubby is already a firefighter on his way to becoming a paramedic, I'm sure which ever area you live in would be more than grateful for him to sign up to volunteer as well. It may cut down on the response time to local emergencies.

Not just that, but at 4:30 in the afteroon I was in the vacinity of the Leonardtown shopping complex and watched several emergency vehicles racing north... troopers and ambulance... and they had to weave in and out of a considerable amount of traffic. That is a congested time of day and this adds to response time.

sockgirl77

Child's neck hurt by the seatbelt? How old was this child? Were they too small to not be in a carseat/booster? Just curious.

G1G4

I hope I NEVER wreck in St.Mary's County. It took 5 minutes for 2 cops to arrive, and 15 minutes before the first ambulance arrived. Ridiculous! And those are from the times that I called 911.

FYI, fire marked up maybe two or three minutes after dispatch. If I'm not mistaken, two paramedic ambulances plus a medic unit came to the call -- which I'm not sure if your aware or not, is incredibly remarkable for anything in the tri-county area outside of Charles County, which has career paramedic personnel. The police had to deal with a man with a knife in LP, a disturbance in Golden Beach, plus the accident. There were three simulcasts in a row, the MVA being the second of the three. The first fire official on the scene was the assistant county fire chief, and it was three minutes after the call went out. The responding station is approximately 7 miles from where the accident occured. It took them between ten and thirteen minutes from the TOD (time of dispatch). When you consider guys and girls have to come from their home to the station, get dressed, then respond, that's a pretty decent time for a seven mile response.
I understand that it seems like it takes forever, but don't dog the system that's in place. Even though it may not seem like it, we are incredibly efficient, and do our best to get to the scenes as quickly and as safely as possible. :yay:

SoMDGirl42

FYI, fire marked up maybe two or three minutes after dispatch. If I'm not mistaken, two paramedic ambulances plus a medic unit came to the call -- which I'm not sure if your aware or not, is incredibly remarkable for anything in the tri-county area outside of Charles County, which has career paramedic personnel. The police had to deal with a man with a knife in LP, a disturbance in Golden Beach, plus the accident. There were three simulcasts in a row, the MVA being the second of the three. The first fire official on the scene was the assistant county fire chief, and it was three minutes after the call went out. The responding station is approximately 7 miles from where the accident occured. It took them between ten and thirteen minutes from the TOD (time of dispatch). When you consider guys and girls have to come from their home to the station, get dressed, then respond, that's a pretty decent time for a seven mile response.
I understand that it seems like it takes forever, but don't dog the system that's in place. Even though it may not seem like it, we are incredibly efficient, and do our best to get to the scenes as quickly and as safely as possible. :yay:

are you an EOC employee? Just curious if I know you.