Waiting to see if Oprah paid enough.....

onel0126

Bead mumbler
and the Obamas schmoozed enough to steal the Olympics. Forty five more minutes.....It's funny, residents of US cities generally cringe at the idea of the olympics coming to their city because of the gridlock, inconvenience, etc. Cities in third world countries celebrate it. The government and schools shut down for the day in Rio for the pending announcement.

onel0126

Bead mumbler
So, it's down to Rio or Madrid. Just heard that the South American continent has never hosted an Olympics--hint, hint.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Good Lord...

Coworker just said "Chicago lost the bid." I said, "Good." So she asks why I said that. Ugh..I *know* better but anyway I said that I didn't think the President and his entourage had any business spending the money, etc. to go make his pitch. I'm still being lectured as I type about how ingnorant Americans are...and don't I know what it costs to stockpile weapons?..a mere pittance compared to what it cost Obama to go to Denmark.

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!
Good Lord...

Coworker just said "Chicago lost the bid." I said, "Good." So she asks why I said that. Ugh..I *know* better but anyway I said that I didn't think the President and his entourage had any business spending the money, etc. to go make his pitch. I'm still being lectured as I type about how ingnorant Americans are...and don't I know what it costs to stockpile weapons?..a mere pittance compared to what it cost Obama to go to Denmark.

Tell her to shove it up her ass. Liberals used to be afraid to walk into my office, I lived to trample all over their widdle feewings.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Tell her to shove it up her ass. Liberals used to be afraid to walk into my office, I lived to trample all over their widdle feewings.

In my office of 5 large floors, there are maybe...maybe 5 or 6 of "us".... at least those of us that have outed ourselves. I find it hard to trample here. :lol:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Does this mean the 100 meter stick beating Murder/Death/Kill event has been cancelled?

No team riot event? No South Side Suicide 5k?

A sad day, a sad day indeed.

:patriot:

bluewater

Yeah Rio is much better than having it in Chicago. Can you imagine how much money all the crooked politicians would want to garner from the IOC to build pools, stadiums, etc. Obama is a damn joke! Instead of spending hundreds of thousands of the taxpayer dollars flying his and his dumba** entourage for a free vacation in Denmark, he should have stayed home and focused on the economy and healthcare. Its ok though, I hope he enjoys the next three years. If people are stupid enough to elect him another time, I am moving to Canada!

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yeah Rio is much better than having it in Chicago. Can you imagine how much money all the crooked politicians would want to garner from the IOC to build pools, stadiums, etc. Obama is a damn joke! Instead of spending hundreds of thousands of the taxpayer dollars flying his and his dumba** entourage for a free vacation in Denmark, he should have stayed home and focused on the economy and healthcare. Its ok though, I hope he enjoys the next three years. If people are stupid enough to elect him another time, I am moving to Canada!

I am stunned that anyone would think Chicago is MORE corrupt than Rio. :lol:

Chicago is bad, maybe the worst in the US. However, they would be paragons of virtue in South America.