Mental Illness Awareness Week.

VoteJP

J.P. Cusick
:drummer: Starting tonight at midnight, Monday October 4, 2009, is the beginning of this year's Mental Illness Awareness Week, link NAMI HERE.

"Real recovery from mental illness requires community action, understanding and teamwork. Recovery is possible because of improved science, better community supports and reduced stigma. But significant barriers still exist. Services are at risk, insurance can be insufficient and stigma, though less today than when MIAW was founded, is still prevalent."

I would think that giving the huge scope of this problem that it would get a full month instead of a week, but no complaints since the week is better than "brushed under the carpet" as the old saying goes.

It is all about making mental illness into some thing people can talk about in healthy and productive ways.

Mental illness has been a horrible human challenge throughout history, and one positive aspect that I find is that out of mental illness humanity has been compelled to study and analyze the human psyche.

I have done a lot of studying of psychology subjects and I just had a small book published titled; "A Guide to Codependency."(2009), and I find that most of the greatest Psychologist and Psychiatrist have written books given their best knowledge, so no one has to remain ignorant about mental illness or mood disorders or personality dysfunctions, because the info is freely available on-line or through our Public Libraries.

When we learn about mental illness then we also learn about mental health and that is super cool - better than sports.

:yahoo:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
:drummer: Starting tonight at midnight, Monday October 4, 2009, is the beginning of this year's Mental Illness Awareness Week,
I would think that giving the huge scope of this problem that it would get a full month instead of a week, but no complaints since the week is better than "brushed under the carpet" as the old saying goes.

It is all about making mental illness into some thing people can talk about in healthy and productive ways.

Mental illness has been a horrible human challenge throughout history, and one positive aspect that I find is that out of mental illness humanity has been compelled to study and analyze the human psyche.

I looked up "irony" in the dictionary and there was a link to this post

bcp

In My Opinion
:eyebrow: It is a simple mistake and not everyone can be so perfect.

And back to the thread topic, below is a very short 31 second YouTube message about being a friend to a mentally ill person;

Link it HERE.

:drummer:
It might take more than that before we can all be your friend.

Attachments

• Churchlady02.jpg
    Churchlady02.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 44
E

EmptyTimCup

VoteJP

:blahblah:

This message is hidden because VoteJP is on your ignore list.

:starcat:

VoteJP

J.P. Cusick
Blog-o-sphere

VoteJP

:blahblah:

This message is hidden because VoteJP is on your ignore list.

:starcat:
:diva: As far as I know, the plan for Health Care reform is to have significant provisions for treating the mentally ill American citizens.

Hopefully so.

:larry: