What to do in Ocean City, off season?

C

CalvertNewbie

My inlaws will be visiting next weekend to babysit so hubby & I can go to Ocean City for a date night. With hubby's work schedule, we can't go Fri or Sat. So we'll get there early Sunday, spend all day/night & probably leave Monday around 2pm to get back to our little boy.

Being that it's off season and that we'll be there on a Sunday night, I hope there are still some things to do/see even though it'll probably be pretty empty there. We're looking forward to some drinks, warm uninterrupted dinner :)lol:) and being by the ocean. Any suggestions where to eat/drink as well as site seeing activities while there for our quick trip? Neither of us has spent much time there, OC newbies.

Cowgirl

Speaking of OC, what is a good hotel (not slummy but not too pricey) on the boardwalk with an ocean view that's in a good area? I've only been to OC once, so I'm not too familiar with it. It'd be a nice quick getaway and it's fairly close.

C

CalvertNewbie

I think next weekend is Corvette weekend.

Thanks, I had visions of it being a complete ghost town now. Maybe the show will bring a lot of people there.

Sit on the balcony of your hotel and watch the ships go by. :smile:

We sure will. Having grown up on Long Island, I miss the ocean so much.

try links ocwebcams.com or kiteloft.com several are listed there Seacrets (they have a website Seacrets.com) or Jordan`s on the boardwalk depends on the type of music you like

Thanks, I've actually been to Seacrets once before and had a great time there. I'll check out those sites too. We like anything besides country music or ghetto thug music. I actually feel a bar crawl in the making. :otter:

mgdbaa

My inlaws will be visiting next weekend to babysit so hubby & I can go to Ocean City for a date night. With hubby's work schedule, we can't go Fri or Sat. So we'll get there early Sunday, spend all day/night & probably leave Monday around 2pm to get back to our little boy.

Being that it's off season and that we'll be there on a Sunday night, I hope there are still some things to do/see even though it'll probably be pretty empty there. We're looking forward to some drinks, warm uninterrupted dinner :)lol:) and being by the ocean. Any suggestions where to eat/drink as well as site seeing activities while there for our quick trip? Neither of us has spent much time there, OC newbies.
We go to the Bull on The Beach on 94th street. We have never had a bad meal, the food is always fresh and exactly how you order it. The service is great. I have nothing bad to say about that place. If its nice out, you can eat outside.

We also like to take our bicycles with us and just ride to the boardwalk and back to Delaware. It seems like its a long ride, but when your site seeing on the bike, time just flys and before you know it, your back home. There is a nice little shopping area in Berlin about 20 to 30 mins from OC. There is an indoor farmers market their.

bobbyb

Sit on the beach in a comfortable beach chair and a blanket and watch the waves.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Thanks, I had visions of it being a complete ghost town now. Maybe the show will bring a lot of people there.
I have been to OC this weekend in October for the last 4-5 years. I was planning to this weekend, but ended up backing out. There's actually quite a lot to do in OC in the off season. They get a lot of conventions and things, like the Corvette show in town during the down time. Most of the restaurants are open, most of the boardwalk shops are too. There are even a few mini-golf and other recreation things open.

C

CalvertNewbie

Thanks, everyone, for some great ideas. We'll definitely sit on the balcony and the beach while there. And we'll absolutely check out the various bars (the couple mentioned already look like a lot of fun!).

I'm glad to hear the many of the shops along the boardwalk are still open in October. We stopped in Coney Island, Brooklyn, a few weeks ago on the way back home to MD and many shops were already closed for the season.

Keep the ideas coming, we still have 1.5 weeks for ideas. :cheesy:

IMNEMT-B

A great place for dinner is around 93rd street at the Bull on the Beach. Great steaks, seafood and awesome bar.

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
If it's just hubby & you for some time alone, stay at the Holiday Inn on 17th & Oceanfront ( Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Ocean City MD ). It's fairly reasonable for an oceanfront room this time of year and the suites have a two-person jacuzzi tub (complete with bath salts) and very comfortable beds in addition to ocean-front balconies that are actually big enough for a table, four chairs & some extra space where you can sit and watch the ocean, have a glass of wine, etc.

Harrison's Harbor Watch down at the inlet is a great place to eat with a water view.

ENJOY!!!!!

tipsymcgee

Just got back from a couple days there. Place is beautiful in the cool weather months and low crowds during the week. Do your boardwalk stuff Sunday. Come Monday morning not as much will open, and won't open til 10 am or so. During the week it's only food and and the t-shirt style shops for the most part.

The old Burger King at the end of the Boardwalk right by the inlet parking lot is now a little bar/restaurant upstairs called Davey Jones. We ate there yesterday and it was pretty good. Basic menu with fancier specials, but good. 2nd floor gives you a decent view of the ocean. Harbor Watch is great with the best view but a little pricey. Peppers Tavern, formerly a place on the boards, has moved to west OC and has good mexican food and bar. Dr. Unk's in west OC has a great breakfast, better than anything downtown in OC. Both are on Route 589, I think, opposite the outlets across the inlet bridge. It is right around Fish Tales closing time, so call ahead. They may be open til the end of the month, but not sure.

belvak

Happy Camper
If it's just hubby & you for some time alone, stay at the Holiday Inn on 17th & Oceanfront ( Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Ocean City MD ). ENJOY!!!!!

:yeahthat: We usually stay there when we go in the winter.

Peppers Tavern, formerly a place on the boards, has moved to west OC and has good mexican food and bar.

When did Pepper's move? We loved to go there when we stayed at the Holiday Inn because it was within walking distance and had pool tables.

Another place to try for food is Coins Pub. Hubby said he had the best crabcake he has ever tasted there last time we went. I had steak and it was melt-in-your-mouth good!

Coins Pub & Restaurant
2820 Coastal Highway
Ocean City, Maryland
(410) 289-3100