Something Killed my Rooster...what was it?

Skinny1

I came home from work two nights ago at around 10pm and found my Rooster (who was a very large one) laying in my yard. He was decapitated and there was no head anywhere. There was also no blood. Something tried to tear off his leg..or so it appeared and his chest was very bruised up. He also had a hole in his back.. What the hell did this? I live on the Mattawoman. Would Raccoons do this? I have two other chickens that were in the bushes in shock and they will not even go outside now. Any Ideas?

SoMDGirl42

I came home from work two nights ago at around 10pm and found my Rooster (who was a very large one) laying in my yard. He was decapitated and there was no head anywhere. There was also no blood. Something tried to tear off his leg..or so it appeared and his chest was very bruised up. He also had a hole in his back.. What the hell did this? I live on the Mattawoman. Would Raccoons do this? I have two other chickens that were in the bushes in shock and they will not even go outside now. Any Ideas?

definitely a pitbull. :whistle: :popcorn:

Magnum

Should be Huntin
I almost got some chickens and a rooster a couple months ago for a couple reasons.

1. Hoping the rooster would tear up the wild cats and keep them away from my house

2. So I could just go out back and get some eggs

3. If I got real hungry I gotta meal out back

krb

It's not funny at all. I have no idea what could have done it, but I wanted you to know I dont find it amusing and I feel for your frustration.