solomons burger king

basshawg95

i just want to let people know about this establishment.
i took my daughter to eat at burger king on solomons. as we were walking to the door, i noticed an employee smoking a cigarette in front. after waiting a LONG time to get service, i noticed the employee flick his cigarette away, walk in the door and get in the burger-making lineup.
when i asked the manager, a ms. gross (the name fits!), if employees are supposed to wash their hands after smoking, she replied that he wasn't smoking. i told her i just saw him doing so.
then she tossed my change on the counter and ignored me. very rude.
anybody know who i can report this to?

R

retiredweaxman

i took my daughter to eat at burger king on solomons. as we were walking to the door, i noticed an employee smoking a cigarette in front. after waiting a LONG time to get service, i noticed the employee flick his cigarette away, walk in the door and get in the burger-making lineup.
when i asked the manager, a ms. gross (the name fits!), if employees are supposed to wash their hands after smoking, she replied that he wasn't smoking. i told her i just saw him doing so.

I am sure the Health Department might be interested in hearing from you. You are correct, an employee who smokes is supposed to wash their hands after having a cig.

Missy_State

call the corporate office. I guarantee they will do something about it! Do it all the time with restaurants. That is ridiculous!!

DodgerGirl

Too New For Title
You can try calling the BK corporate headquarters. They have a consumer relations department phone number available:

If you're a BK® consumer, feel free to contact our Customer Relations department at (305) 378-3535. Representatives are ready to assist you Monday — Friday from 9 am to 5 pm EST.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
If I owned an eating establishment, my employees would be required to wash their hands every time they walked into the kitchen, and between handling different food types. People who handle food cannot wash their hands often enough.

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
That BK is the pits, use to stop by there at times and wont even do it anymore. I was at the drive in one nite and they said I will be right with you, I sat there a few minutes then it came over the speaker, "sorry we're closed", Think it's the only time in my life I told a sign FU :killingme

T

toppick08

If I owned an eating establishment, my employees would be required to wash their hands every time they walked into the kitchen, and between handling different food types. People who handle food cannot wash their hands often enough.

Private sector sure is tough.....:poorbaby:......try frying some donuts........:lol:

KingMeh

its burger king, i don't think someone not washing their hands is really going to make a difference :barf:

CrashTest

I was certified by the Fairfax County, Va. Health Dept many years ago in food service sanitation. It's hard for me to go into an establishment and not see countless violations just in 5 minutes of standing in line. I just try not to think about it because if I didn't eat in places that had violations, then I'd never eat.

What's the most common violation I see? Besides flies, dirty hands, and violations involving plastic gloves, the most common violation I see is folks taking stuff that had previously been touching the floor and putting it onto a food contact surface (counter).

morningbell

hmmmmmm

At that point I would have asked for my money back and went somewhere else.

butterfly08

I'll just start off by saying...It's Burger King...you can't expect much from there. My brother went there one night and asked the manager if they were still open, she just rolled her eyes at him.

Don't even get me started on bk. Had an employee steal $10 from me when I handed him a 20. Then lied to my face and wouln'dt give me my change! I went the next day and the manager said everything cashed out, rolled her eyes at me and walked away. Called the hq in Miami and they were like oh this happens alllllllllllllll the time! Got my $10 back 3 weeks later.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Won't go to BK in Solomons anymore or the McD's. Both are bad.

Like the ones in St. Mary's Co are any better? :killingme

First mistake, going to "Burger King" to get a hamburger....

You can try complaining to the corporate office but my guess is that they will tell you that it's out of their hands because it's a franchise store. (same goes for McD's).