Snake in the pond!

TurboK9

We have a 1200 gallon Koi pond. Thanks to a local Heron earlier in the year, we only have one Koi left... but a buttload of Comets with him. I have a bog garden on one end of the pond that drains w/ waterfal into the pond, and it's chock full of water mint and pigmy cattails. Yesterday I was cleaning the fountain head, and sploosh, this slithery thing about 2' long drops from the bog into the pond. Copperhead!

I grabbed a boathook out of the garage and snagged the intruding serpent, flinging him across the yard. As he flew through the air, he disgorged a couple half digested Comets. Normally I won't hurt a snake, but he was eating my fish! Bastard!! Hooked him again and flung him over the fence and into the road, where he was promptly run over by a car.

$50 says we have mice in the house within a month... Karma and all.

D

dems4me

We have a 1200 gallon Koi pond. Thanks to a local Heron earlier in the year, we only have one Koi left... but a buttload of Comets with him. I have a bog garden on one end of the pond that drains w/ waterfal into the pond, and it's chock full of water mint and pigmy cattails. Yesterday I was cleaning the fountain head, and sploosh, this slithery thing about 2' long drops from the bog into the pond. Copperhead!

I grabbed a boathook out of the garage and snagged the intruding serpent, flinging him across the yard. As he flew through the air, he disgorged a couple half digested Comets. Normally I won't hurt a snake, but he was eating my fish! Bastard!! Hooked him again and flung him over the fence and into the road, where he was promptly run over by a car.

$50 says we have mice in the house within a month... Karma and all.

Wow! That was very brave!!