Sometimes I hate living in the CRE

S

shiki

If I had known what a bunch of jackbooted thugs the Property Owners Association was here I would have never bought a house in this neighborhood. I am sick of being harassed by these people. I can't even fart in my backyard without them having something to say about it.

The latest thing? My flower/herb garden is not up to their specifics. I have to mow it. Mind you it's mainly a perennial garden so it is not in constant bloom and besides that fact I live on a cul-de-sac with only one other house, most people don't even know this street is here, but I have security camped out here just waiting for a blade of grass to get out of place.

I feel utterly harassed by these people. Once they kept telling me to clean up some nasty piece of carpet on my property, they wouldn't stop although I had no idea what they were talking about. Finally they sent a photo of the offending rug and it was not even on my property but on an adjacent lot owned by them. White carpet when the carpeting in my house in dark green. Then they said well someone said they saw you take it over there. I confronted them because I knew it was a bald faced lie, cuz i didn't do it, and they admitted that the guy MADE UP having a witness.

Since that time they have been at me non-stop. It's very stressful and honestly quite creepy having them staking my house out.

S

shiki

They must have some reason for watching you :eyebrow:

They certainly think so. Too bad they weren't watching when someone kicked the door to my house in and burgled the place a week before Christmas, or when someone cut down my mailbox with a chainsaw, or stole the large ornamental rock out of my yard...

TurboK9

If I had known what a bunch of jackbooted thugs the Property Owners Association was here I would have never bought a house in this neighborhood. I am sick of being harassed by these people. I can't even fart in my backyard without them having something to say about it.

The latest thing? My flower/herb garden is not up to their specifics. I have to mow it. Mind you it's mainly a perennial garden so it is not in constant bloom and besides that fact I live on a cul-de-sac with only one other house, most people don't even know this street is here, but I have security camped out here just waiting for a blade of grass to get out of place.

I feel utterly harassed by these people. Once they kept telling me to clean up some nasty piece of carpet on my property, they wouldn't stop although I had no idea what they were talking about. Finally they sent a photo of the offending rug and it was not even on my property but on an adjacent lot owned by them. White carpet when the carpeting in my house in dark green. Then they said well someone said they saw you take it over there. I confronted them because I knew it was a bald faced lie, cuz i didn't do it, and they admitted that the guy MADE UP having a witness.

Since that time they have been at me non-stop. It's very stressful and honestly quite creepy having them staking my house out.

Wow nice. Next time they are their camped out tell them that their is a family on Rio Grande pissed off because maybe if they were doing their job we wouldn't be out two bikes and a car stereo.

You can also point them to the house next to 12835 that has been foreclosed on with the yard full of crap and the 2 foot high grass and ask 'em why they don't harass the bank for a while to get a REAL problem cleaned up. Or, do something about the drug dealer w/ the smashed up red dodge ram. Etc etc.

Don't really know what to tell you...

Bay_Kat

Tropical

I have seen some horrible looking yards back there that have been that way for years. I was always under the impression that the HOA didn't care what people did to their properties as long as the HOA fees were paid.

Beta84

They're out to get us
That group is responsible for keeping property prices as high as possible. That means keeping the place looking nice year round. If you have some nasty ass crap that's dead and looking disgusting, it's going to look bad on the neighborhood and drop property values. That not only affects you, but it affects your neighbors.

I don't know how bad it actually looks, but they're trying to help everyone out with their policies. It may be a pain in the butt, but if you decide to sell in a few years you'll be happy they are around...your price will be far better if they stick around than if they abandoned you and everyone could do what they wanted. While your offenses may be a weird looking garden or a piece of carpet, other people probably do far worse.

lovinmaryland

The latest thing? My flower/herb garden is not up to their specifics. I have to mow it. Mind you it's mainly a perennial garden so it is not in constant bloom and besides that fact I live on a cul-de-sac with only one other house, most people don't even know this street is here, but I have security camped out here just waiting for a blade of grass to get out of place. I feel utterly harassed by these people. Once they kept telling me to clean up some nasty piece of carpet on my property, they wouldn't stop although I had no idea what they were talking about. Finally they sent a photo of the offending rug and it was not even on my property but on an adjacent lot owned by them. White carpet when the carpeting in my house in dark green. Then they said well someone said they saw you take it over there. I confronted them because I knew it was a bald faced lie, cuz i didn't do it, and they admitted that the guy MADE UP having a witness.

:roflmao: :killingme

Good lord that sucks! And I thought I had it bad in my neighborhood, every time we go down to use the peir to crab or fish some old man (we call him the Gestapo) runs down w/ his list to see if we have paid our dues :lmao:

S

shiki

Wow nice. Next time they are their camped out tell them that their is a family on Rio Grande pissed off because maybe if they were doing their job we wouldn't be out two bikes and a car stereo.

You can also point them to the house next to 12835 that has been foreclosed on with the yard full of crap and the 2 foot high grass.

Yeah I've had 3 bikes vaporize so far and then there was the time one of the neighborhood hooligans poured gasoline on the side of my house and set it on fire.

There are several overgrown lots and many of them are POACRE owned.

TurboK9

Yeah I've had 3 bikes vaporize so far and then there was the time one of the neighborhood hooligans poured gasoline on the side of my house and set it on fire.

There are several overgrown lots and many of them are POACRE owned.

Yeah including the one off Rio that has a little fort that some kids made, but is not full of empty liquor bottles and needles. It's friggin' ridiculous. You know, I've lived in the worst parts of Orlando and St Paul, and never had anything stolen from my property. Here less than a year and *poof* apparently constant vigilance is necessary!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You folks who are trying to sell a house in CRE - you listening? Because these complaints mean your house is going to have a difficult time selling. And that means you better start paying better attention to who your Board officers are.

Inkd

That just sucks!!!! When I was moving up here I had 2 friends previously stationed here and one told me to stay away from Calvert because of the bridge traffic and the other told me it wasn't all that bad. I went to a realtor and he was pushing pretty hard for Calvert and especially the CRE, man am I glad I decided to go south of the base!!!! I love going out of the gate and going south when everyone else is going north.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
That group is responsible for keeping property prices as high as possible. That means keeping the place looking nice year round. If you have some nasty ass crap that's dead and looking disgusting, it's going to look bad on the neighborhood and drop property values. That not only affects you, but it affects your neighbors.

I don't know how bad it actually looks, but they're trying to help everyone out with their policies. It may be a pain in the butt, but if you decide to sell in a few years you'll be happy they are around...your price will be far better if they stick around than if they abandoned you and everyone could do what they wanted. While your offenses may be a weird looking garden or a piece of carpet, other people probably do far worse.

That may be what they think their doing, but their having the exact opposite effect. You can't give houses away in CRE when they hear what the HOA gets away with.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
That just sucks!!!! When I was moving up here I had 2 friends previously stationed here and one told me to stay away from Calvert because of the bridge traffic and the other told me it wasn't all that bad. I went to a realtor and he was pushing pretty hard for Calvert and especially the CRE, man am I glad I decided to go south of the base!!!! I love going out of the gate and going south when everyone else is going north.

Do NOT blow this for us..

South of the base SUCKS.. everyone move NORTH of the base, preferrably Calvert County..

CRE problems pale in comparison to the issues we have here in Dameron and Ridge.. Stay AWAY, STAY AWAY!!

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet
Yeah, our problems are huge south of Gate 3. The deer run amuck here. Just last week they shot old man Johnson. Not to mention those crazy walnut throwing squirrels.

Otter

Nothing to see here
Do NOT blow this for us..

South of the base SUCKS.. everyone move NORTH of the base, preferrably Calvert County..

CRE problems pale in comparison to the issues we have here in Dameron and Ridge.. Stay AWAY, STAY AWAY!!

Nuclear waste dump down that way, I hear.