My poor little piggie :(

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
My guinea pig is dying. I am so freakin sad...I took her to the vet..theres nothing they can really do for her..I have some antibiotics which I will give her..but I dont think they are going to do any good...my male is gonna be so sad without her :( and me too..

anyone have a spayed female friend for him I could adopt? :bawl:

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
Not sure what she is dying of...its so hard to tell with small rodents because they are very stoic and show no signs of illness until they are very far gone. I am thinking she may have a upper respitory infection which is fatal in guinea pigs..though there is a chance..since she is a rescue...and exceedingly small..she may be...just sick and dying... im giving her the antibiotics in case it is a URI...and hand feeding her and such..but shes just so sick...

morningbell

hmmmmmm
I am so sorry :huggy: I hope she doesn't suffer for long. Poor sweet piggie.

I had one when I was 12, she was the sweetest little thing. Every time I go to Corner Critters in Leonardtown I always snuggle the piggies. I wouldn't own one now, I just don't have the time. I know it may seem silly to some but I know how you feel, getting attached to the small creatures. I was hurt when I had to put my Veiled Chameleon down, then when my Bearded Dragon passed.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
I am so sorry :huggy: I hope she doesn't suffer for long. Poor sweet piggie.

I had one when I was 12, she was the sweetest little thing. Every time I go to Corner Critters in Leonardtown I always snuggle the piggies. I wouldn't own one now, I just don't have the time. I know it may seem silly to some but I know how you feel, getting attached to the small creatures. I was hurt when I had to put my Veiled Chameleon down, then when my Bearded Dragon passed.

haha yeah when I said i was taking her to the vet..i got a lot of strange looks..but i had to try..i would feel so guilty cuz shes my responsibility....but im tryin to keep her comfy and stuff..i even have her at woork with me so i can watch her..lol

Bay_Kat

Tropical
haha yeah when I said i was taking her to the vet..i got a lot of strange looks..but i had to try..i would feel so guilty cuz shes my responsibility....but im tryin to keep her comfy and stuff..i even have her at woork with me so i can watch her..lol

Sorry about your piggie, amazing how attached we get to these little critters. My bird (Toby Keith) died in May and I cried for 2 days. I had him for about 3 years, it was tough.

I hope that you can find a friend for your other piggie and you never know, the antibiotics may just work.

tes218

My guinea pig is dying. I am so freakin sad...I took her to the vet..theres nothing they can really do for her..I have some antibiotics which I will give her..but I dont think they are going to do any good...my male is gonna be so sad without her :( and me too..

anyone have a spayed female friend for him I could adopt? :bawl:

I'm so sorry for your loss. :huggy: When the time is right please consider going to Tri-County Animal Shelter to see if they have one. They have some and most people don't think about going there.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
I'm so sorry for your loss. :huggy: When the time is right please consider going to Tri-County Animal Shelter to see if they have one. They have some and most people don't think about going there.

I sure will! She was a rescue herself..so skittish when I got her..not telling what her life was like before I got her...I worked with her until she loved to sit in my lap and snuggle just like my other guy :( I will def get another rescue.

morningbell

hmmmmmm
I sure will! She was a rescue herself..so skittish when I got her..not telling what her life was like before I got her...I worked with her until she loved to sit in my lap and snuggle just like my other guy :( I will def get another rescue.

She had a great life with you. She left this place in a safe and loving way, you did your best. :huggy:

Sorry for your loss.