Mom Arrested for Washing Kid's Mouth With Soap

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
It's a shame when parents aren't allowed to be parents. Maybe everybody should just sign over their kids to the government.

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
I remember having to put a bar of soap in my mouth when I was a kid for back talking- I turned out ok except for the occasional twitch, lol.

Making kids swallow the liquid soap though...not good!

morningbell

hmmmmmm
I remember having to put a bar of soap in my mouth when I was a kid for back talking- I turned out ok except for the occasional twitch, lol.

Making kids swallow the liquid soap though...not good!

I still remember the taste of DIAL but only a few times, I didn't have a potty mouth and never talked back to my parents (until my teen years). It was the hot pepper that we got over the soap but this gets me....

The girl eventually vomited and Rivera took her to the local hospital, where hospital staff called police.

If your kid is vomiting and you caused it.... that's kind of extreme punishing.

Toxick

Splat
I was watching Super Nanny a few months ago.... a mom was making her sons swallow antibacterial soap when he was bad or talked back :twitch:
Have you ever read the label? The warning states, "DO NOT INGEST". WTH was she thinking? And obviously it wasn't working, she was doing it to each of them throughout the whole episode.

That's why keep a full shelf in my linen closet stacked top-to-bottom-left-to-right with Ivory Soap.

It's 99.44% pure, and tastes every bit as awful as anti-bacterial Dial or Jergens or Lever2000, and will surely wash the ####, ####, ####, ####, and ##### out of any kids mouth.

sockgirl77

That's why keep a full shelf in my linen closet stacked top-to-bottom-left-to-right with Ivory Soap.

It's 99.44% pure, and tastes every bit as awful as anti-bacterial Dial or Jergens or Lever2000, and will surely wash the ####, ####, ####, ####, and ##### out of any kids mouth.

Now that's a great little jingle to send Ivory. Get someone to write some music to it. :clap:

morningbell

hmmmmmm
Tabasco on the tongue .... must explain my love for hot spicy food :jet:

HA! I know the hot pepper will work on my child, the kid loves wasabi.... good thing my child doesn't curse. I told him he can say any curse word he wants as long as it's in his room, behind closed doors so the rest of the work doesn't hear him.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
How stupid. I had a bar of soap in my mouth before..oh look im alive. I was talking back..not cursing. SO the kid vomited..so what? My dad made me eat peppers and onions when I was little..even though I hated them (still do..yuck) and I sometimes threw up..kids can do that easily..I dont think it was a big deall the parents should be applauded for actually doing something to try to curb bad behavior.

nation of wimps. thats what I always say. raising a nation of wimps.

LordStanley

I know nothing
Do they even make bars of soap anymore??? All I ever see is body wash.

Now squirting Axe into a kids mouth... Thats just down right mean :lol:

morningbell

hmmmmmm
How stupid. I had a bar of soap in my mouth before..oh look im alive. I was talking back..not cursing. SO the kid vomited..so what? My dad made me eat peppers and onions when I was little..even though I hated them (still do..yuck) and I sometimes threw up..kids can do that easily..I dont think it was a big deall the parents should be applauded for actually doing something to try to curb bad behavior.

nation of wimps. thats what I always say. raising a nation of wimps.

peppers & onions = edible ..... bar of soap :nono: edible

The full story isn't told in the OP link..... the girl was forced to CHEW the soap.... She vomited at home, was forced to clean it up and was not taken to the hospital UNTIL she had an allergic reaction where her throat closed and was having trouble breathing.

Couple who forced child to eat soap free
"I think people need to educate themselves more about using an object or foreign substance in a child's body. Whether it's soap or hot sauce. You just never know how somebody's going to react," said neighbor Christina Chiarilla, who works in child care.

Investigators say the child was crying, vomiting and foaming at the mouth. According to police, the boyfriend wouldn't let the girl rinse out her mouth until she cleaned up her mess.

Reports state the child's lips, throat and tongue became swollen and was in pain. That's when the mom asked her boyfriend to take the 8 year old to the hospital.