Colorado boy floats away in balloon

Bay_Kat

Tropical
(CNN) -- Officials are trying to rescue a 6-year-old boy who climbed into a balloon-like experimental aircraft built by his parents and floated into the sky over eastern Colorado.

The boy's family had been building the experimental aircraft at their home on Fossil Ridge Road in Fort Collins, CNN affiliate KUSA reported.

Colorado boy floats away in balloon - CNN.com

I really hope they can rescue him. That's crazy. What the heck were they building a spaceship for and why was no one watching this child around this thing?

morningbell

hmmmmmm
(CNN) -- Officials are trying to rescue a 6-year-old boy who climbed into a balloon-like experimental aircraft built by his parents and floated into the sky over eastern Colorado.

The boy's family had been building the experimental aircraft at their home on Fossil Ridge Road in Fort Collins, CNN affiliate KUSA reported.

I really hope they can rescue him. That's crazy.

Wait, I saw this on Bugs Bunny..... blow darts is the answer!

I really hope they can rescue him. That's crazy. What the heck were they building a spaceship for and why was no one watching this child around this thing?

I just read this, it has the potential to climb to 10,000 feet. :faint:

bcp

In My Opinion
I just read this, it has the potential to climb to 10,000 feet. :faint:
in that area just let it get to the 10k feet, then go to the top of the mountains and wait till he comes by. Jump in and take control.

seriously though, as stupid as it sounds, the answer might be in puncturing the balloon to allow the air to slowley leak out and bring it down.

That balloon is moving right along!
Air temp is about 40 degrees where the balloon is now. Still not confirmed that the boy is in there.

National guard is launching a helicopter to attempt a rescue. Winds are at 30mph - wind chill is a factor. Aircraft are being diverted out of are.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Part of the balloon seems to have deflated. Hopefully it will gradually deflate and slowly sink gently to the ground.