Why Are 1 Of 8 Girls Pregnant At Robeson High?

foodcritic

I know, I know we need to accept diversity. :buddies:

You can just see another generation of kids lost to the system....

Oct 15, 2009 9:35 pm US/Central
Why Are 1 Of 8 Girls Pregnant At Robeson High?

Officials Say A Mix Of Factors Are To Blame, As They Try To Help The Young Women
Reporting
Kristyn Hartman
CHICAGO (CBS) ―
About one in eight girls at Robeson High School are pregnant. Officials say a variety of factors are to blame.

It is a Chicago public school full of energy and spirit. It has about 800 girls, and 115 of them have something in common – something you might find disturbing.

CBS 2's Kristyn Hartman reports.

All those young ladies are moms or moms-to-be at Paul Robeson High School. It's not a school for young mothers, it's a neighborhood school. And all of the pregnancies have happened, despite prevention talk.

If you want to know why, the people closest to the situation say there's no simple explanation.

Chicago Public Schools says it does not track the overall number of teen moms in the district. But Robeson Principal Gerald Morrow knows the count at his school in Englewood: 115 young ladies who are expecting.

To put it in perspective, their school pictures would fill roughly six pages of their high school year book.

Why is it happening at Robeson?

1 Of 8 Girls At Robeson High School Are Pregnant - cbs2chicago.com

With the gov't stepping in and paying them 18 years of monthly royalties for each live birth... they'll make more money popping them out then flipping burgers...:shrug:

foodcritic

My guess would be that they like to f@*k.:shrug: I know I enjoy it.:yay:

That may be, but the answer I find more appealing would be they believe there is some social benefit plus all the government benefits (ka ching)that go along with it.

Sounds like a better answer to me.

Beta84

They're out to get us
My guess would be that they like to f@*k.:shrug: I know I enjoy it.:yay:

they are just too young to know how to do it the right way, apparently. then they are young stupid immature punks with kids that are raised wrong because they don't know #### about how to raise a kid. Too many people start too young and it's sad for both parent and child.

Not sayin don't have sex...that would be silly...just don't get knocked up! All these kids are like "oh we can just pull out without a condom, the odds are like 1 in 20!" but if you do that 20-30 times, it's probably gonna get ya! They never think of it like that, they go into it every time thinking they'll be just fine. :retards:

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
I know why they are pregnant. They did it on purpose, has nothing to do with prevention or lack of. Society glorifies pregnant unwed teens. To the point where they are litterally goddesses of the freakin earth. You get pregnant..you get attention, baby showers, money from the government...you gett o stir up the world around you and make the world revolve around you. You get to band together with other goddesses of the earth and chat about baby things and wht you are going to buy and how your bf isnt "manning up" ..they get told on tv shows and talk shows they are brave..and heroes...because they are a mother..that they are blesssed and blah blah blah

thats why they are pregnant. This glorification realllly drives me nuts..because there is no glorification for women like me who take steps to prevent babies until I am married and can afford to buy it everything it needs alll on my own. Thats the proper way to do it..and that should be glorified. But it isnt. the clique of unwed young mothers around here is fierce..and they almost look down on anyone that doesnt have a child...I dont know how many times i have heard these morons say things like "im grown now for my child" or "im more mature than her because I have a child" give me a break anything with a uterus can have a child..and to me..the more mature person would have been able to figure out that is not the best way to bring a child into the world.

Pandora

My son is 14 years old...

He posted a new picture of himself on his myspace and one girl came along and said "you are hawt, we should bang." Another said "I will bang U first."
I am a friend of his on his myspace page!! But they don't care, they say these things and post pictures of themselves looking like sex kittens (underwear, tank shirt) and put themselves out there....

This seems like the new norm for girls around the age of 14. Society glorifies SEX... :ohwell:

bcp

In My Opinion

He posted a new picture of himself on his myspace and one girl came along and said "you are hawt, we should bang." Another said "I will bang U first."
I am a friend of his on his myspace page!! But they don't care, they say these things and post pictures of themselves looking like sex kittens (underwear, tank shirt) and put themselves out there....

This seems like the new norm for girls around the age of 14. Society glorifies SEX... :ohwell:
:worthless

:worthless

He may be hawt, but for craps sake leave her son alone...:smack: Keep it up and there will be a 20/20 segment soon to air with your name on it.

C

CalvertNewbie

With the gov't stepping in and paying them 18 years of monthly royalties for each live birth... they'll make more money popping them out then flipping burgers...:shrug:

Yeah, that sounds about right. After all, their mamas did it, their mama's mamas did it, etc. nobody pays for these kids except for the taxpayers. It's completely acceptable in certain areas for teenagers to whore around and pop out kids that we'll be paying for forever. God forbid the babys daddies support their multiple kids either. And I'd really be interested to know what the rate of STDs is in that school too. :yikes:

I swear if I had a daughter, I'd be slipping her birth control every morning with her breakfast!

morningbell

hmmmmmm
they are just too young to know how to do it the right way, apparently. then they are young stupid immature punks with kids that are raised wrong because they don't know #### about how to raise a kid. Too many people start too young and it's sad for both parent and child.

Not sayin don't have sex...that would be silly...just don't get knocked up! All these kids are like "oh we can just pull out without a condom, the odds are like 1 in 20!" but if you do that 20-30 times, it's probably gonna get ya! They never think of it like that, they go into it every time thinking they'll be just fine. :retards:

Then they would be having a hell of a lot of sex. The girl usually depends on the guy to pull out, he doesn't know what the hell his body is capable of at that age. It's a shame we have to focus on the girls because of the physical stigma of pregnancy, it takes two to tango and essentially the guy can blow it all off for the moment until the DNA test results.

Anyway it's about a 20% chance of conception I found that out the hard (way 6 freakin months :banana:)