Queering our Schools.

bcp

In My Opinion
You're right...maybe we should have a bigot like you running the whole show, we'd be so well off after that.
Or, we could find someone that would just keep learning to learning and not worry about pushing any agenda from either side.

if name calling is a problem, put something in place to correct all name calling while in school, or on school property.

Perception of morality is not the governments job.

Vince

Leave that part of the kids education to the parents. It's the parents responsibility to teach their kid that being gay is right or wrong. Would not want a teacher or anyone else putting "their" ideas into my kids head. Don't care if they are gay or not. If my opinion, as the parent, says it's wrong, then that's what I'll teach my child, and as the parent, it's the only opinion that counts.

acommondisaster

I'd be happy if the educational system in this country would spend less time in school talking about the sexual habits of grown ups and more time teaching them mathematics. Why not teach them to have a healthy attitude about themselves and what they can accomplish through competitive grades and playground games and maybe we'd have fewer kids who feel they have to have or father a baby to feel like they are "somebody"?

Someone using the word "gay" in school should be punished just as appropriately as if they dropped an f-bomb, rather than building an entire curriculum around it.

smilin

BOXER NATION
Why is this such a surprise? I have been posting stories like this on the forum for a while.

When does GMHS do it's great to be gay day? :killingme:killingme

You mean LHS and Chopticon don't have an appropriately named gay whatever club/association?

Mr.Steed

EDITORIAL: Queering our schools - Washington Times

There are over 300 million people in America, and this fruit was the best Obama could find to protect our kids in schools?

This is beyond pathetic. This fellow is what most of us scrape from our shoes after stepping in it.

Once again, little fellow, your moniker proves appropriate. "America" has no room for your kind of hate talk. Your rhetoric belongs to another time when ignorance abounded in Nazi Germany, in Fascist Italy, and in our own country with Neo Nazis, skinheads, and the KKK. So tell us "ImnoMensa", which group do you belong to? By the way, you are incorrect about "what most of us scrape from our shoes after stepping in it". Most polls show that more people than not, have evolved enough to be inclusive. Do your homework!

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
Once again, little fellow, your moniker proves appropriate. "America" has no room for your kind of hate talk. Your rhetoric belongs to another time when ignorance abounded in Nazi Germany, in Fascist Italy, and in our own country with Neo Nazis, skinheads, and the KKK. So tell us "ImnoMensa", which group do you belong to? By the way, you are incorrect about "what most of us scrape from our shoes after stepping in it". Most polls show that more people than not, have evolved enough to be inclusive. Do your homework!

I am ok with informing students of different lifestyles and choices but it should not be promoted in school gay or hetero.........Why do you attack like imnomensa does?Which group do you belong too?

Mr.Steed

I am ok with informing students of different lifestyles and choices but it should not be promoted in school gay or hetero.........Why do you attack like imnomensa does?Which group do you belong too?

I believe you need to reread my post a few times if you are not getting it. I will always call bigots on the carpet and you should too. I have no patience for hate and social ignorance. There is a difference in what I am saying and what "Imnomensa" is saying. He wants to exclude and have those who are not like him excluded by others. You may want to check his previous posts! I may criticize "Imnomensa", but I will not support denying him basic rights (you may also read that our referencing and language are not quite comparable).

By the way, I too, have no problem with school discussions of diversity. There is a reason for acknowledging certain populations who have had a history of ostracism and worse, the reason is called "affirmation" of those who have been spat upon and trampled. I certainly don't believe that any agenda is being "promoted" by acknowledging certain populations, i.e. black history month, women's history month, or having a LGBT club in school, etc. We as a people have just not reached our full humanity yet, we're getting there but we have not arrived. Seems to me, that this country has gone over board promoting heterosexual white males and their accomplishments and their history (and I'm a white male);and in fact, it is mostly what we celebrate and teach our kids, it's what our kids see on TV and at the movies. I'm all for teaching children that the world is bigger than they have probably been taught by a lot of parents. Oh, I forgot to answer your question about what group I belong to - it's called the human race.

skywise45

Well said. Often I read the posts on this board and am disheartened by the numerous posts that are littered with racially offensive codewords and other ignorant comments like "fruit". One would think that Southern Maryland was one of the most backward leaning uneducated areas of the country from reading some of those posts. Fortunately, since I do call this region home, I know that is not the case. Thank you for showing me that I am not alone.:yahoo:
I believe you need to reread my post a few times if you are not getting it. I will always call bigots on the carpet and you should too. I have no patience for hate and social ignorance. There is a difference in what I am saying and what "Imnomensa" is saying. He wants to exclude and have those who are not like him excluded by others. You may want to check his previous posts! I may criticize "Imnomensa", but I will not support denying him basic rights (you may also read that our referencing and language are not quite comparable).

By the way, I too, have no problem with school discussions of diversity. There is a reason for acknowledging certain populations who have had a history of ostracism and worse, the reason is called "affirmation" of those who have been spat upon and trampled. I certainly don't believe that any agenda is being "promoted" by acknowledging certain populations, i.e. black history month, women's history month, or having a LGBT club in school, etc. We as a people have just not reached our full humanity yet, we're getting there but we have not arrived. Seems to me, that this country has gone over board promoting heterosexual white males and their accomplishments and their history (and I'm a white male);and in fact, it is mostly what we celebrate and teach our kids, it's what our kids see on TV and at the movies. I'm all for teaching children that the world is bigger than they have probably been taught by a lot of parents. Oh, I forgot to answer your question about what group I belong to - it's called the human race.

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch

So your a democrat..

Last edited: