3 Detroit marathon runners die

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
Can you imaging next years name? Death Race 2010

Sorry for the loss by the families though... :coffee:

thurley42

HY;FR
why is it so hard to believe someone fell...if you have ever ran in a large race like this you know that the first 3-4 miles is spent thinning groups out and if you aren't paying attention can be dangerous...i rolled my ankle pretty good in Va. Beach with about a mile to go yelling at my running partner....luckily it was March and freezing and my legs were already numb...it hurt like a mother the next day though...

Bay_Kat

Tropical
why is it so hard to believe someone fell...if you have ever ran in a large race like this you know that the first 3-4 miles is spent thinning groups out and if you aren't paying attention can be dangerous...i rolled my ankle pretty good in Va. Beach with about a mile to go yelling at my running partner....luckily it was March and freezing and my legs were already numb...it hurt like a mother the next day though...

I can understand the one falling, what I don't get is a 26 and 36 year old dropping dead within 20 minutes of this guy falling. The temp out was in the 40s, doubt it was heat stroke.

thurley42

HY;FR
I can understand the one falling, what I don't get is a 26 and 36 year old dropping dead within 20 minutes of this guy falling. The temp out was in the 40s, doubt it was heat stroke.

it happens...a good friend of mine who had never drank, smoked, was a reverend, in outstanding shape dropped over on the bball court at 27...sad.