Regardless about how you feel about abortion...

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
Please explain to me what is to be gained by publishing extremely detailed personal information on a website...as a healthcare worker..this really looks like it may breach HIPPA laws..I am pretty disgusted..and I just don't see the purpose.

Grudge?

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
I think you need to re-read the HIPAA regs again. There is no personally identifiable information being reported so it's all kosher. If the Abortion Industry wants to claim abortions are principly due to incest, rape and one-time-sex, it's important to prove them wrong. This data will be quite illuminating. No wonder the Abortion Industry is against this law!

I'd like to see the text of the law - I'll have to do a search for it. If it actually requires the patient to disclose all of the referenced information in order to have an abortion, then I think it is very unlikely that it will be able to stand up to a federal challenge.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
I think you need to re-read the HIPAA regs again. There is no personally identifiable information being reported so it's all kosher. If the Abortion Industry wants to claim abortions are principly due to incest, rape and one-time-sex, it's important to prove them wrong. This data will be quite illuminating. No wonder the Abortion Industry is against this law!

Actually this is incredibly detailed information that could reasonably lead to identifying a patient..especially in small towns..such as this one. The info includes financial info, marital status, previous pregnancies, as well as detailed reasons for the abortion. Try to forget your stance on abortion and realize they are publishing personal information ON A WEBSITE. What if they wanted to do that for other procedures or diseases?

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
I'd like to see the text of the law - I'll have to do a search for it. If it actually requires the patient to disclose all of the referenced information in order to have an abortion, then I think it is very unlikely that it will be able to stand up to a federal challenge.

True. However it does detail that doctors who refuse to furnish such info would be disciplined...I don't like it one bit.

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
Actually this is incredibly detailed information that could reasonably lead to identifying a patient..especially in small towns..such as this one. The info includes financial info, marital status, previous pregnancies, as well as detailed reasons for the abortion. Try to forget your stance on abortion and realize they are publishing personal information ON A WEBSITE. What if they wanted to do that for other procedures or diseases?

Reread my post. If the Abortion Industry insists the abortions are due to rape, incest and one-time-sex, this law will support that or prove them wrong. The level of information requested is the same information required by the HIPAA laws to allow for public health studies on the population in question.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
I don't care that the data is being collected to study..i care that it is being published to a public webpage..breach of privacy in the worst way.

bcp

In My Opinion
I can see using information like age, demographics, race etc.. but if they are planning to be able to drill down to find personal information, then that is going too far.

regardless of my personal opinion of abortion, at this moment it is legal, and should be a private thing between the mother and the baby killer.

bcp

In My Opinion
there you have it.
the law does not allow for the mothers name to be used. so its nothing more than statistics.
No more wrong than the statistics that say a certain age group in a certain race is more likely to die from smoking related illness.

nothing to see here. move on to the next major issue.

belvak

Happy Camper
Actually this is incredibly detailed information that could reasonably lead to identifying a patient..especially in small towns..such as this one.

Generally when statistics are published for public view, not only is all personally identifying information stripped from the data, but disclosure principals are practiced. For example, if only one woman (or two even) from a county was included in the file, data for that county would be suppressed so that the individual(s) could not be identified. I would hope that would be the case in this instance. If so, I don't see where there would be any problem. :shrug:

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
I just don't see the purpose. Why is it neccesary to mkae women fill out 37 questions..then publish the answers on a website. No one can answer that for me. If the data was being collected to "help" like they stated..why not collect it in private and then condense a report on some demographical info? Why publish the answers to women's PERSONAL questions on a webpage? what is to be gained by that? clearly it is an attempt to intimidate women. I can think of no other good reason this info needs to be public in this way.Why don't they do this for other procedures? anyone have to fill out a 37 page personal info questionnare to be published when they had a procedure? No. Thats why we have privacy rules..and this crosses a line..for no discernable purpose.

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
I just don't see the purpose. Why is it neccesary to mkae women fill out 37 questions..then publish the answers on a website. No one can answer that for me. If the data was being collected to "help" like they stated..why not collect it in private and then condense a report on some demographical info? Why publish the answers to women's PERSONAL questions on a webpage? what is to be gained by that? clearly it is an attempt to intimidate women. I can think of no other good reason this info needs to be public in this way.Why don't they do this for other procedures? anyone have to fill out a 37 page personal info questionnare to be published when they had a procedure? No. Thats why we have privacy rules..and this crosses a line..for no discernable purpose.

The answer to this is too simple. The people of the State of Oklahoma wish to abolish abortion in their State. To do this they need solid information on the abortions now being performed in order to fight the predictable "It's for the good of the poor, raped, incested, raped poor women." campaign of the liberals.

bcp

In My Opinion
I dont see where it crosses a privacy line if the name is not listed.

What I do see as a problem is that the statistics might end up showing that the vast majority of abortions are simply for birth control, and that very few are the result of rape, incest or health reasons.

and since most people (that I know at least) that are against abortion, would not deny the right to an abortion for rape, incest or health reasons, it would certainly make it much easier to make abortion for the reason of birth control alone unavailable.

Now lets look at that for a moment.
How many teens dont worry about getting pregnant because they know that the safety net is in place to get rid of the kid should it happen.
How many teens might not engage in unprotected sex if that safety net were gone.

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!

Maybe to see how many murderous twisted women like this are out there?

American 'abortion addict' reveals she terminated 15 pregnancies in 17 years

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
I dont see where it crosses a privacy line if the name is not listed.

What I do see as a problem is that the statistics might end up showing that the vast majority of abortions are simply for birth control, and that very few are the result of rape, incest or health reasons.

and since most people (that I know at least) that are against abortion, would not deny the right to an abortion for rape, incest or health reasons, it would certainly make it much easier to make abortion for the reason of birth control alone unavailable.

Now lets look at that for a moment.
How many teens dont worry about getting pregnant because they know that the safety net is in place to get rid of the kid should it happen.
How many teens might not engage in unprotected sex if that safety net were gone.

Im sorry, generally I agree with you on things..but this shows you are pretty clueless when it comes to teens. Let me fill you in. Our teen pregnancy rate is high because teens ARE NOT getting abortions. Most do not agree with abortion, or would never consider it for themselves. I know quite a few young mommies, and none of them even considered an abortion. Some were using protection, some not at all..had NO bearing on their decsion. Most women would never consider an abortion. I'm not sure why people want to make it out like there are millions of babies killed every year because there is a party next week. I have NEVER, NEVER known anyone who has had unprotected sex thinking they could always have an abortion. That is ridiculous. An abortion is not, to 99% of humans, an easy choice..or treated like its nothing. I have also known a few women who have gotten abortions...for each one it was a terrible decsion..not taken lightly and in every case for reasons a hell of a lot deeper than..ooh just dont want one. I am willing to bet a million bucks that teen sex will not go down, nor will the pregnancies if abortion were outlawed. I cannot imagine even THINKING that people view abortion as a "safety net"

Last edited:

bcp

In My Opinion
[/b]

I'm sorry, generally I agree with you on things..but this shows you are pretty clueless when it comes to teens. [\quote]
And I usually agree with you.
However on this subject, we will not agree.
the reasons Ive heard were.
Accident
Cant afford it at this time.
must finish school first
don't want the parents to know.
Without trying to sound like a perv, I do happen to be around teen girls on a regular basis.
and yes, I have personally heard a young teen make the comment to another young teen that if she got pregnant she would have an abortion.

maybe the word safety net is what disturbs you, but in reality it is.

another point here is the argument that the majority of women have an abortion for reasons other than convenience, naturally, its hard to argue this without the available data. This information will give the data needed, and with that data alternatives can be devised that might reduce the number of abortions for convenience.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I wouldn't want them to collect and disseminate this kind of information on gun purchases, I also don't think it's right for abortion..

Can't have it both ways.