Moving to the Area

misplacedmary

My family and I are planning on moving to the area the first week of October and still haven't been able to find a home to rent. My hubby will be stationed at Andrews and we can afford up to 1250 a month rent. We have tried to get in touch with realtors but they are not very helpful. Does anyone know any property management companies that work with rentals? We have perfect rental history and are non-smokers. We need a 3 to 4 bedroom and would prefer a house but would consider an end unit townhome. I would so appreciate any help anyone has to offer. It's hard to do this from so far away. I look at the classifieds daily here on SOMD but they do not last long enough to get any where from here. I only hope we can find a nice home in a nice neighborhood for myself, my hubby and my 3 kids. Thank you much:biggrin:

watercolor

yeah yeah
hey :biggrin:
just wanted to tell you, if you would like. You can pm me...and I will give you the number to call for the realtor I work with, and a couple other numbers.

If I say anything on here, I will get my hand slapped

Sierra39

Hairball Magnet
I would take Watercolor up on her offer... the rental market in Calvert is extremely limited, and it is going to be tough to find something the size you need without an agent's help – they see the rental listings first. By the time you see them advertised, they're already rented! (Because there's not many rentals available right now – and everyone wants something to rent starting at the beginning of the school year.)

I used to live in Anne Arundel Co., and the real estate market there is VERY high $$$$! (It's why I bought a house in Calvert!) My rent on just a 2 bdrm. townhouse in Crofton 7 years ago was $975, so you can imagine what it is NOW... If you only have around $1200 to work with, you'd be better off in Calvert, or maybe even the Bowie area in PG county. But even in those areas, you're not going to find many single-families with 3-4 bedrooms for under $1500. ALL housing in this area is on the expensive side!

Good luck, and let us know what you find!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by calvertguy

Is this a joke? Lexington Park is the damn slums. I lived down there for 4 years while serving my beloved country and I felt dirty down there. I wouldn't put my off spring in those schools ! Nothing but Section 8 people throughout the area.

Stay away from Lexington Park !!:barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf:
The Town Creek portion of Lexington Park isn't bad. Its all the way down in the Park that is bad.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Doen there yes, but not my sister or a good friend of mine that live in Town Creek. Both of which own their own homes and keep them up themselves.

bknarw

Attire Monitor
What about Drum Point or Chesapeake Bay Estates?
They're probably about the same distance as Mechanicsville, and might be a good option if you can't find anything there.
I had a friend who lived in Mechanicsville and it's a good place, too!

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
North Beach and Chesapeake Beach

I like both places, although the homes are a little too close together for me. But they've done nice things with both areas and a lot of young families have moved there it seems.

Many of the rentals in Calvert are by word of mouth and there are some within your price range but they are hard to find. Stick an ad on Somd.com in the looking for rental section. Maybe visit (not sure where you are located) the area and check out the bulletin boards at the local Safeways and Giant.

South of Prince Frederick isn't bad, the St. Leonard area is really very nice. Michelle Rockhill has a lot of properties for sale/rent in that area and she is pretty helpful. Here's her number 1-(800)-231-2913 x20.

Good luck.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by cariblue
CG, I live in LP. I'm not trash. You may want to take a little cruise around the area and check out all the nice neighborhoods that have popped up. I don't think "trash" could afford to live in them.
That is what I was trying to say!:dude:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Watch it Bud!

Oh yea.......almost forgot............................STAY AWAY FROM THE RANCH CLUB !!:biggrin:
:bs: :biteme: :bonk: :bs: :biteme: :bonk:

What do you mean by that?

FIREMAN

I'll go ya' one better. Yes, I have a child attending Great Mills High. She's an honor student and has an art professor at St. Mary's college anxiously waiting her arrival.

You can't beat that. St Mary's is a hard one to get in too. I bet your a proud Mama.

FIREMAN

Originally posted by BchBns

The key is raising your children with enough morals and values

Bingo! I don't have any kids, but thats how I was raised. I can honestly say I'm not the smartest redneck in the world but I think I'll make out fine.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member

I have a friend on the SWAT team here in the county and they are always down there doing surveillance.
ALWAYS? :bs: There are plenty of happenings in here, but remember it is about 1/4 the population of the county. Don't discredit the whole community because of a few freaks. Most of the trouble is the same as everywhere else - teenagers - and the parents who don't give a crap. Depending on where you live, there are some very nice houses and it is peaceful and quiet for the most part. So :biteme:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
... One of these day's you women are going to have a psycho bite on and then you will wish you kept things more discreet.
After the last two days and numerous threads... It sounds like they already have one! If you get your kicks from following others and watching what they do.... You need help! Or a long sentence.

Otter

Nothing to see here
And where he parks his bike??

Speaking of sharing personal info...I'd be very careful if I were you about who made my kokomo's in the future.

SxyPrincess

Originally posted by Kyle
After the last two days and numerous threads... It sounds like they already have one! If you get your kicks from following others and watching what they do.... You need help! Or a long sentence.

Right on, Kyle! I'm gonna join you and say that Calvert sounds/acts like a psycho. BTW...that's JMO! :bubble:

K

Katie

I live in Lexington Park, and I am not trash. I have a nice condo that I rent until I buy a house.