Karma?

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Nancy Grace was frothing about this last night. Apparently there was a group of kids walking together and there was some sort of disagreement and she ran ahead of the group and *poof* she was gone.

Well, that's just what Nancy Grace does! :lmao:

I still can't see myself allowing my 7 year old to walk home from school. Her peers are not the best choice to watch out for her well being.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Well, that's just what Nancy Grace does! :lmao:

I still can't see myself allowing my 7 year old to walk home from school. Her peers are not the best choice to watch out for her well being.

I know. I turned her off and went to sleep. :lol:

I don't recall the ages of the children, but I guess the parents must have thought "safety in numbers..."

Beta84

They're out to get us

When I was your age, we were forced to walk 20 miles to school up hill in the snow when we were 5. :razz:

Seriously though, when I was in elementary school plenty of kids walked or biked home (probably less than a mile, though). Our community seemed pretty safe. My parents didn't, since they were at work til later, but that's a different story.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
When I was your age, we were forced to walk 20 miles to school up hill in the snow when we were 5. :razz:

Seriously though, when I was in elementary school plenty of kids walked or biked home (probably less than a mile, though). Our community seemed pretty safe. My parents didn't, since they were at work til later, but that's a different story.

I didn't walk to school until 5th grade, and it was less than a mile.

The article also said there are like 75 registered sex offenders within 5 miles of where the little girl disappeared.

Beta84

They're out to get us
I didn't walk to school until 5th grade, and it was less than a mile.

The article also said there are like 75 registered sex offenders within 5 miles of where the little girl disappeared.

:yikes: dumbass parents then. poor kid

mAlice

professional daydreamer
:yikes: dumbass parents then. poor kid

I dunno'...I had never heard of a sex offenders list until I moved here. Not that it made any difference, I'd still never let my kid walk to/from school.

And then if you think about it, most people probably think like their parents did. If it was okay for me to walk to school, why can't my children. :shrug:

One never knows the reasoning behind other people decisions.

That said, vrai will come on here any minute and post that the parents are the culprits, and she'll most likely be right.

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
I dunno'...I had never heard of a sex offenders list until I moved here. Not that it made any difference, I'd still never let my kid walk to/from school.

And then if you think about it, most people probably think like their parents did. If it was okay for me to walk to school, why can't my children. :shrug:

One never knows the reasoning behind other people decisions.

That said, vrai will come on here any minute and post that the parents are the culprits, and she'll most likely be right.

I walked to school from age 7. When I was 11 and missed the bus, I would walk over 2 miles to school. Times were different.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I walked to school from age 7. When I was 11 and missed the bus, I would walk over 2 miles to school. Times were different.
You wore your legs off walking to and fro' school for all those years.

It's no wonder you're so short. :huggy:

mAlice

professional daydreamer

Yes. I wonder why that is. It seems that when we were kids there was less to worry about.

I think the only reason my mother didn't let me walk to school is because she used to read those true crime magazines and they made her paranoid.

Funny, too...she hid them from me. I wasn't allowed to see them.