White House Loses Bid to Exclude Fox News

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
White House Loses Bid to Exclude Fox News From Pay Czar Interview
The Obama administration on Thursday tried to make "pay czar" Kenneth Feinberg available for interviews to every member of the White House pool except Fox News. But the Washington bureau chiefs of the five TV networks decided that none of their reporters would interview Feinberg unless Fox News was included!

The Obama administration on Thursday failed in its attempt to manipulate other news networks into isolating and excluding Fox News, as Republicans on Capitol Hill stepped up their criticism of the hardball tactics employed by the White House.

The Obama administration on Thursday tried to make "pay czar" Kenneth Feinberg available for interviews to every member of the White House pool except Fox News. The pool is the five-network rotation that for decades has shared the costs and duties of daily coverage of the presidency.

But the Washington bureau chiefs of the five TV networks consulted and decided that none of their reporters would interview Feinberg unless Fox News was included.

The administration relented, making Feinberg available for all five pool members and Bloomberg TV.

White House Loses Bid to Exclude Fox News From Pay Czar Interview - Political News - FOXNews.com

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
I think they are simply looking out for themselves. They may all be in the position one day that fox is in..and they certainly don't want to be booted.

ImnoMensa

I believe that they feel this threat to Fox news might be a threat to them if they print something Obama doesnt like.

It's about time they woke up.

Interesting. Did the interviews happen yesterday then? Because, CNBC's Mary Thompson interviewed him yesterday. Some of what he said was non-sense.

I think they are simply looking out for themselves. They may all be in the position one day that fox is in..and they certainly don't want to be booted.

And just being pragmatic, I'm sure they realized that it would have hurt them more than helped them in the immediate term (to the extent that it did either). Nobody was going to start watching NBC just because Fox didn't get to do a 3 minute interview with Feinberg. But, there might have been considerable hoopla had Fox not been allowed access, which would have only served to bring more attention to Fox.

They may well have taken this position for altruistic reasons, but there certainly wasn't an absence of practical, self-serving ones.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
They are certainly looking out for themselves, but there is more to it than that. I don't know how formal the contracts are regarding the press "pool" but the way it works is there is a TV camera on the president every possible moment, just in case news suddenly happens.

For example, when Reagan was shot, he was at some unimportant, routine, ho-hum public appearance, nothing remotely newsworthy. Yet someone caught the assassination attempt on tape because someone from the press pool is always there, always filming. The same is true of video we've all seen of Clinton greeting Monica while shaking hands in a reception line. It was caught on tape because someone is always there. Even at the time it was taped, no one thought anything of it, but it was saved for posterity.

The rules of the press pool are that no matter which network gets it on tape, they MUST share it with all the rest. No need to have 5 cameras filming every trip the president makes across the lawn to the heliocopter, just to catch that one in a million shot of him tripping and falling flat on his face.

So, when it comes to the "pool" coverage, it's share and share alike. The networks HAVE to stand together in order to preserve a system that serves them so well. If they let the President cut out one network, what happens when it's that network's turn to provide the cameras and something major happens? Maybe they won't share.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It's disturbing that Maobama wants to pick and choose his media. And even more disturbing that his worshipers don't seem to think there's anything wrong with that.

MMDad

Lem Putt
It's disturbing that Maobama wants to pick and choose his media. And even more disturbing that his worshipers don't seem to think there's anything wrong with that.

Alexa will be along shortly to write a book explaining how wrong you are. Fortunately, you won't see it unless someone quotes it.

Toxick

Splat
Do you think they're beginning to come out of their fog of blind obsessive Obama worship?

I seriously doubt it.

It seems to me like it was the "Powers That Be" are the ones who forced the WH's hand on this one - likely with the intent of avoiding long-term retaliation by future administrations, who may just say, "I'll let my staff interview with Fox, but MSNBC and CBS can kiss my fish-belly-white ass."

The talking heads, on the other hand, are still going to be gushing like giddy schoolgirls at All Things Obama, with their open-mouths inches away from Obama's moneymaker like they're waiting for a Red, White and Blue Slurpee to come flowing out.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
They are certainly looking out for themselves, but there is more to it than that. I don't know how formal the contracts are regarding the press "pool" but the way it works is there is a TV camera on the president every possible moment, just in case news suddenly happens.

For example, when Reagan was shot, he was at some unimportant, routine, ho-hum public appearance, nothing remotely newsworthy. Yet someone caught the assassination attempt on tape because someone from the press pool is always there, always filming. The same is true of video we've all seen of Clinton greeting Monica while shaking hands in a reception line. It was caught on tape because someone is always there. Even at the time it was taped, no one thought anything of it, but it was saved for posterity.

The rules of the press pool are that no matter which network gets it on tape, they MUST share it with all the rest. No need to have 5 cameras filming every trip the president makes across the lawn to the heliocopter, just to catch that one in a million shot of him tripping and falling flat on his face.

So, when it comes to the "pool" coverage, it's share and share alike. The networks HAVE to stand together in order to preserve a system that serves them so well. If they let the President cut out one network, what happens when it's that network's turn to provide the cameras and something major happens? Maybe they won't share.

:yay: Open government, freedom of the press, etc.

This administration is just stunning in their arrogance.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
The Obama administration on Thursday tried to make "pay czar" Kenneth Feinberg available for interviews to every member of the White House pool except Fox News.

The Obama administration on Thursday failed in its attempt to manipulate other news networks into isolating and excluding Fox News,
Transparency man, transparency!!

I wish some obammy supporters would chime in with their take on this. Your boy is busted!! :yahoo: