The Lexington

Radiant1

Soul Probe
Just went to The Lexington restaurant and lounge and was pleasantly surprised. My wife and I went to the roost all the time and we were very sad to see that it was closeing down, but I am definatly going back to the Lexington again. The owners came and talked to us and made us feel like we were right at home. The liver was great and the service was good. They definatly have the comfort food feel that I love.

:eyebrow:

aubriana

Just went to The Lexington restaurant and lounge and was pleasantly surprised. My wife and I went to the roost all the time and we were very sad to see that it was closeing down, but I am definatly going back to the Lexington again. The owners came and talked to us and made us feel like we were right at home. The liver was great and the service was good. They definatly have the comfort food feel that I love.

LIVER! :barf:

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
I went there for lunch the other day..and I really enjoyed it. The food was very fresh..and everyone there was so nice..in fact if I had one complaint it was that too many people asked us how we are doing..which was a tad distracting..but thats better than the opposite....The french fries were really good..very "real" tasting..and my mom and I shared some cream of crab which was decent..and the homemade cocnut cake was sooooo freakin good.. the prices were reasonable and is a good place for the lunch rotation.

but liver? yuuuuck.:cds:

C

chevellegirl69

The Lexington rest.and lounge

Wow!...We (5 of us ) went on Sunday...what a blast! Games on all the t.v.'s, but not overpowering--nice to be able to listen and still tallk! We had the steamed shrimp..only order those if you really love the big ones! Seasoned perfectly! The have something different called firecracker shrimp...awesome as well...wait 'til you try the boom boom sauce that comes with it! Nice change. I don't usually go to the park, however, I joined the tanning spa Endless Summer, so it's really convienient.:drummer: I ate lunch there again today-had the rueben and my girlfriend had the bacon cheeseburger sub...I thought it was very fresh! Nothing makes a great sandwich without good bread! While we were there, the owner's Krissy and Dave told us they will be having entertainment real soon. Nice to have a new place that makes you feel like you been there a thousand times. Thanks! I'll be back!:buddies:

C

chevellegirl69

Who's comfort?

In fact eating another creature's filtering organ..is rather UNcomfortable.

I say it should be called "very uncomfortable food" Well, at least they don't serve cow tongue...how people eat that is beyond me. I would have run away and taken my chances...lol:otter::yahoo:

krysabaker

Awful Food

So my boyfriend, daughter, and I tried the Lexington last night for the first time.

It was one of the worst two dining experiences I have ever had.

Boyfriend ordered the salmon with green beans and coleslaw, daughter chicken fingers and fries, and I ordered the crab stuffed flounder with a garden salad and mashed potatoes and a bowl of crab soup.

First of all.... the lightening was very, very bright in the restaurant. Bright enough it made me very uncomfortable. We were sat at a table in the center of the room. I'm a booth lover (for a little privacy), but there are no booths available at the Lexington.

Our waitress took our drink orders quickly (water, tea, pink lemonade) and we had our drinks immediately. She came back to take our dinner orders. She got distracted at the end by something at the kitchen and walked away without taking our menus.

When she did come back to fill our drinks, I gave her the menus and my boyfriend stopped her to order wine for dinner (did I mention he hadn't finished ordering when she walked away?). There was no wine or drink list. When he asked what the house wines were, she didn't know. Finally, I suggested a Pinot Grigio (I knew the Indian Restaurant used to have that) and she left.

I received my garden salad just after, and my boyfriend received his chilled wine (not with his meal). The garden salad was okay. It wasn't laid out attractively. It had two cherry tomatoes and two cucumbers cut.... oddly. My boyfriend used to work in a commercial kitchen and I'm a good cook myself and the vegetables were obviously cut by someone untrained. The house vinaigrette was alright but very sugary. I was puzzled by receiving my salad before my soup.

The soup never came.

It took an hour from entering to get our meal.

My boyfriends wine was warm by the time the meal arrived. It was also very cheap, acidic wine.

The whole time the owner, (dressed in ratty jeans, a dirty shirt with one corner tucked into his jeans, and the rest left out), wandered filling drinks. He had to ask people over and over again what they were drinking interrupting their conversations. This might have been charming if the food was fabulous. It wasn't.

My boyfriend's green beans were canned. He said the coleslaw was okay, but not much flavor. The salmon was alright.

I had the mashed potatoes which were lumpy. The gravy was bland. The first bite I had of the flounder and crab was filled with bones. I spit it out. I started picking through the crab for more bones when I started really SMELLING the fish. It smelled awful. Smelled OLD. I love fish. I love crab stuffed fish. I was afraid if I ate this I would be sick.

My daughter's chicken fingers and fries were fine.

We decided to leave (we had promised my daughter dessert but went to Foodlion to pick something up). We told the waitress to take off soup (she offered to bring it out for home, we told her no).

I am starving (this is the first meal I've had all day).

My boyfriend picked up the check (I was supposed to but he felt bad) and left a very nice tip (which he shouldn't of).

It was until we were driving home he told me the meal cost $60.00 with the tip. I was livid. The bill was not itemized but this is what we figure.

Chicken/Fries $6.00
Crab Flounder $16.00
Salmon $12.00
Wine???? 4.00 for a glass?
$38.00

They charged us $51.00 before the tip.

If the soup was left on it was $6.00.
$44.00

Was the wine $10.00 a glass? The bottle couldn't have cost that.

They couldn't even get the check right.

We are NEVER going back.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
So my boyfriend, daughter, and I tried the Lexington last night for the first time.

Boyfriend ordered the salmon with green beans and coleslaw, daughter chicken fingers and fries, and I ordered the crab stuffed flounder with a garden salad and mashed potatoes and a bowl of crab soup.

First of all.... the lightening was very, very bright in the restaurant. Bright enough it made me very uncomfortable. We were sat at a table in the center of the room. I'm a booth lover (for a little privacy), but there are no booths available at the Lexington.

Our waitress took our drink orders quickly (water, tea, pink lemonade) and we had our drinks immediately. She came back to take our dinner orders. She got distracted at the end by something at the kitchen and walked away without taking our menus.

When she did come back to fill our drinks, I gave her the menus and my boyfriend stopped her to order wine for dinner (did I mention he hadn't finished ordering when she walked away?). There was no wine or drink list. When he asked what the house wines were, she didn't know. Finally, I suggested a Pinot Grigio (I knew the Indian Restaurant used to have that) and she left.

I received my garden salad just after, and my boyfriend received his chilled wine (not with his meal). The garden salad was okay. It wasn't laid out attractively. It had two cherry tomatoes and two cucumbers cut.... oddly. My boyfriend used to work in a commercial kitchen and I'm a good cook myself and the vegetables were obviously cut by someone untrained. The house vinaigrette was alright but very sugary. I was puzzled by receiving my salad before my soup.

The soup never came.

My boyfriends wine was warm by the time the meal arrived. It was also very cheap, acidic wine.

The whole time the owner, (dressed in ratty jeans, a dirty shirt with one corner tucked into his jeans, and the rest left out), wandered filling drinks. He had to ask people over and over again what they were drinking interrupting their conversations. This might have been charming if the food was fabulous. It wasn't.

My boyfriend's green beans were canned. He said the coleslaw was okay, but not much flavor. The salmon was alright.

I had the mashed potatoes which were lumpy. The gravy was bland. The first bite I had of the flounder and crab was filled with bones. I spit it out. I started picking through the crab for more bones when I started really SMELLING the fish. It smelled awful. Smelled OLD. I love fish. I love crab stuffed fish. I was afraid if I ate this I would be sick.

We decided to leave (we had promised my daughter dessert but went to Foodlion to pick something up). We told the waitress to take off soup (she offered to bring it out for home, we told her no).

My boyfriend picked up the check (I was supposed to but he felt bad) and left a very nice tip (which he shouldn't of).

It was until we were driving home he told me the meal cost $60.00 with the tip. I was livid. The bill was not itemized but this is what we figure.

Chicken/Fries $6.00
Crab Flounder $16.00
Salmon $12.00
$38.00

$44.00

We are NEVER going back.
This pretty much mirrors my own experience from Thursday night. We had a positively awful meal, and we will not be going back there to eat again.

Dry/overcooked steaks, canned green beans, old/grey canned corn, salty soup, heavy/dense and cold cake....it was a meal that they should be embarassed to serve to paying customers.

bulldog

Wow!

The soup never came.

Chicken/Fries $6.00
Crab Flounder $16.00
Salmon $12.00
$38.00

$44.00

We are NEVER going back.

Very good (detailed) review and when you are giving your hard earned money to an establishment, you should expect to get what you pay for. That said, this is the exact OPPOSITE of the experience we had. Granted, we went for lunch and that is not the same, but the experience was good enough that we said we'd go back and try them again...for dinner this time.
Did you take the time to voice your concerns to the owner? If you believe that your check was incorrect, no doubt you should have addressed that with him.

Beta84

They're out to get us
I'm not surprised by the review, especially the part where after everything was disappointing, the chicken fingers were fine. Kinda holds with my theory.

From what I've heard so far about the Lexington I've noticed a few things...

1) Their help needs...help. Not surprising for a new restaurant, this almost always happens, especially in this area where good help is hard to find.

2) The nicer meals on the menu aren't really that good. Maybe they still need to work on it, or maybe they'll never be that great. To me, it doesn't sound like the place I'd go to for a nice entree and a glass of wine anyway. They seem like a good breakfast, appetizer, sandwich, and drinks joint. You can only be good at so much and based on the size of their bar and happy hour advertising, you can see the primary focus.

3) People who have stuck to my preconceived notions of what's better have been pleased or at least not pissed off, while people who have ventured to the more expensive entrees have not been happy a majority of the time.

What does it mean? It seems like it'll be a good place for breakfast, lunch, and happy hour. I wouldn't go for dinner because if the bar area is active then it could disturb the nicer atmosphere in the dining room. Honestly, it sounds a lot like Ruddy Duck. The only complaints I hear usually about Ruddy is when people order from their main entree list. I've never ordered from the main entree list at the Lexington or the Ruddy and I don't plan to.

krysabaker

Very good (detailed) review and when you are giving your hard earned money to an establishment, you should expect to get what you pay for. That said, this is the exact OPPOSITE of the experience we had. Granted, we went for lunch and that is not the same, but the experience was good enough that we said we'd go back and try them again...for dinner this time.
Did you take the time to voice your concerns to the owner? If you believe that your check was incorrect, no doubt you should have addressed that with him.
I certainly would have addressed the problem with the check if I hadn't been almost home when I discovered it. My boyfriend kindly picked up the check when I had such a miserable meal. I had been running a mental tab previously. We didn't discover it till he told me he gave an 18% ($9.00) tip and I did the mental math.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I'm not surprised by the review, especially the part where after everything was disappointing, the chicken fingers were fine. Kinda holds with my theory.

From what I've heard so far about the Lexington I've noticed a few things...

1) Their help needs...help. Not surprising for a new restaurant, this almost always happens, especially in this area where good help is hard to find.

2) The nicer meals on the menu aren't really that good. Maybe they still need to work on it, or maybe they'll never be that great. To me, it doesn't sound like the place I'd go to for a nice entree and a glass of wine anyway. They seem like a good breakfast, appetizer, sandwich, and drinks joint. You can only be good at so much and based on the size of their bar and happy hour advertising, you can see the primary focus.

3) People who have stuck to my preconceived notions of what's better have been pleased or at least not pissed off, while people who have ventured to the more expensive entrees have not been happy a majority of the time.

What does it mean? It seems like it'll be a good place for breakfast, lunch, and happy hour. I wouldn't go for dinner because if the bar area is active then it could disturb the nicer atmosphere in the dining room. Honestly, it sounds a lot like Ruddy Duck. The only complaints I hear usually about Ruddy is when people order from their main entree list. I've never ordered from the main entree list at the Lexington or the Ruddy and I don't plan to.
Maybe it's presumptuous of me to say this, but if a restaurant advertises certain options on its' menu, they are saying that all of those items are good. Why list a menu item that they know is going to be of poor quality or poorly prepared? Do they just not give a damn?

Everthing on their menu should be good; if it's not, they should remove it from their menu.

MissKitty

Maybe it's presumptuous of me to say this, but if a restaurant advertises certain options on its' menu, they are saying that all of those items are good. Why list a menu item that they know is going to be of poor quality or poorly prepared? Do they just not give a damn?

Everthing on their menu should be good; if it's not, they should remove it from their menu.

We watched a good episode of Kitchen Nightmares yesterday (the british version). The chef wanted to be fancy with his menu, but ended up he needed to just do bistro type food. It's what the people of the area preferred and he sucked as a cook. I heard Gordon Ramsey say that he shat himself.

Beta84

They're out to get us

Agreed 100%. But places try to do something and can't. New places have these struggles especially. They all hopefully figure it out and settle into their niche.

Fruitloopz

I find this most intresting to say the least

I have watched the boards for quite sometime now and I noticed that the same few individuals are continually slamming The Lexington. If I were these individuals, I would have made it a point to bring these issues directly and immediately to the waitress and or owners attention. But yet I have NOTICED not once has any one of them mentioned in their post bringing their disatisfaction to the owners attention.
How intresting. It makes one wonder if there are other motives behind the continued neg. reveiws.
For example if the one individual was so throughly disgusted and unhappy with their meal then common sense would dictate bringing these issues to the owners attention and demanding either another meal and or their money back. But yet they do not? How odd? Their reasoning was that they were almost home? What are telephones for? They simply could have picked up the telephone and asked to speak to one of the owners...but did they? No...But yet they found the time to get on the internet and blast the owner even going as far as to describe his physical appearance referring to his shirt being untucked and ratty jeans? It is as if this poster is implying this is a unkept individual which I personally know for a fact is NOT TRUE...the owners are impeccable individuals both in the kitchen and in their appearance. Another intresting fact was the mention of a cake being cold and heavy this past Thursday well here is a little FYI there was no cake dessert available on Thursday for the desserts offered that evening were pecan pies, pumpkin pies and chocolate mousse. Where this individual received cake from is a mystery to me. In addition yes it is true this is a new establishment and there were and are some kinks that needed to be ironed out. Which is nothing new when someone opens a new eating establishment. Mr. and Mrs. Geer are extremely nice folks and to see the seething reviews they are receiving is very unfair to them. IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM take it directly to them. I can tell you this much if you truly have a issue they will bend over backwards to make it right. They took a DARK, DANK, OLD, NASTY OLD MUSTY DUSTY PLACE and turned it into a bright beautiful friendly place for folks in the area to come to. Is sure beats the heck out of some of the nasty places that folks flock to around here to eat..places I would not allow my dog to eat from. With that said I urge those who have not tried The Lexington to give them a try, I truly think you will be surprised at how beautiful the place has become and how friendly the owners and folks are that serve you and how good the food really is. For those of you unsatisfied why not try the direct approach next time you eat somewhere your disatisfied with instead of attempting to destroy a establishment before they are up and running? I am for one am wishing them nothing but the best for success! They deserve it! They are working so hard to bring something so nice to a very NASTY part of LEXINGTON PARK and to serve all in the community! THEY DESERVE A CHANCE AND THEY DESERVE OUR SUPPORT!