The Lexington Restaurant & Lounge (former Roost)

dn0121

Every Wednesday a group of us guys get together for beer and dinner, sometimes darts, ping pong, or pool. This time we went to The Lexington Restaurant & Lounge. We sat at the bar but they had a nice dining area and a room for private parties.

We had the wings, only two flavors (hot and bbq) but they were delicious and only $5.95 a pound. They were big meaty breaded wings; a nice change from some of the other wings served around here. Beer was cheep, for 5 blue moons it was $11 something.

They have two menus. The dinner menu had steak, seafood, and other great choices, but the hidden gem is the breakfast/lunch menu. Great selection of sandwiches and a terrific breakfast menu. We all had eggs, a large and tasty pancake, and scrapple! Nothing like kegs and eggs to top off a good night. It reminded me of being back home, being able to have a great breakfast and a cold beer.

The owners also own The Lunch Box in Bryans Rd. Im hoping this place makes it. The owner David was great and so was the staff. We told him he should advertise on SOMD to help bring in some business. Hopefully business will pick up.

Check out the website for the menu.
The Lexington Restaurant & Lounge

workaholic

Save the Tatas!!!
They have been open for about 3 weeks now and every time I go in there the owner always greets me, and makes sure I am being taken care of. The food has been delicious. I have tried some thing new every time I go there. Well except when they had stuffed ham. I went back the next day for it because it as so good.

Glad to see someone is finally doing something with that place. It has always had plenty of potential but no one put any effort or attention into it for a long time.

I hope they do well.

:buddies:

belvak

Happy Camper
Looks interesting. Anyone know what their hours are? That was the only thing I didn't see on the website.

CrystalClear

yea, clear as mud
I have a friend that is a server there. She has an outstanding personality and she is always trying to drum up business. Hearing the wings are good (husband and I are ADDICTED to wings), we will definately have to give it a try. Thanks for the review!

OoberBoober

Awwwwooooooooo
The Lexington was definitely a shock. Let's be honest the location in town is not superb (unless you live/work close like me :yahoo:). But don't let that fool you the food was fantastic. The wings were some of the best I've had in a damn long time, if he expanded his wing menu a couple flavors he could run the new BWW out of business before they even open up. The beer was cheap, the service was excellent, and the atmosphere while a little confused between a sports bar, and a fancy sit down restaurant was pleasant. Obviously they are still new and could use a few amenities, like a some entertainments (dart board, etc). But these complaints are few and minor compared to the quality of food and service we had.

softcrab

Any one know of a bust here? Had breakfast there as a result of this post. Later today someone who works in the area said there was a drug bust sometime after that.

tyky

eieio
Any one know of a bust here? Had breakfast there as a result of this post. Later today someone who works in the area said there was a drug bust sometime after that.

I saw someone running down GM Road today and then I think they were caught in that parking lot, could have been something else tho :shrug:

glhs837

Power with Control
Meanwhile, back at the topic........:whistle:

Family ate there tonite. Me, open faced roast beef, wife had meatloaf, kiddo 1 had spagetti and meatballs, other one had a Belgian waffle. Service was fast and friendly, food was great.

belvak

Happy Camper
Meanwhile, back at the topic........:whistle:

Family ate there tonite. Me, open faced roast beef, wife had meatloaf, kiddo 1 had spagetti and meatballs, other one had a Belgian waffle. Service was fast and friendly, food was great.

Did you happen to see what their hours are? Open for breakfast early Saturday and Sunday? TIA

Danzig

NOT impressed with the wings at all, you can get the same exact ones at Checkers. Nothing special about them at all. Same can be said about the wings at Grid Iron Grill. I guess I have to go to the Pub in Leonardtown to get wings with any flavor. Tomorrow night is 25 cent wings from 4 to 9. Well worth it.

dn0121

Wirelessly posted (Baconator 9000: Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.13918/812; U; en) Presto/2.2.0)

I thought for this area (SOMD) the wings were good. The pub does have great wings though, but they're a bit outta the way.
Ill have to try out checkers :lol:

We ate there tonight. Wife had the ribeye and I had the strip. Both were delicious.

Last edited:
B

Bronwyn

We have never eaten there... might have to add it to the list.

Terence

Error 404
Woah pretty cool, never heard of the place until now guess because its new. But yeah totally got to check it out sometime.

workaholic

Save the Tatas!!!
I thought the wings were awesome. A few more flavors would be nice but the BBQ wings were my Fav. :drool:

The Pub is way to far to drive for me. Especially since I have to wash my wings down with beer.