Southern Maryland Drivers

Toxick

Splat
What the hell is wrong with you people?!

Don't they offer driver's education down here in this hell-hole? Not a man, woman, or child who gets behind the wheel of a car around this place should be operating machinery heavier than a Game-Boy, let alone a 2,000 pound steel projectile, but they do.

Learn how to drive you morans!

Don't they offer driver's education down here in this hell-hole? Not a man, woman, or child who gets behind the wheel of a car around this place should be operating machinery heavier than a Game-Boy, let alone a 2,000 pound steel projectile, but they do.

So says the man sitting on a park bench. You only wish you had a car.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Coming back to work from lunch, I'm doing the speed limit (+/-) 2 or 3, and the guy behind me is getting all antsy 'cuz the traffic in the lane to the left of me isn't getting out of his way quick enough for him to pass me. When he can finally get over, he passes me, then I see his break lights...He didn't see the cop behind us, and a second cop just a few cars back that I didn't even see.

:neener:

Toxick

Splat
So says the man sitting on a park bench. You only wish you had a car.

HAH! Shows what you know!

At my palatial estate, parked next to my personal helicopter sits my Ferrari FXX, which I bought with all the money I made being an astronaut.

DQ2B

You think it's bad in S. Md? Try a drive through Paris or Rome and then tell me how you feel about it.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

:lol:

glhs837

Power with Control
Its not so much that everybody here sucks at driving, its the lack of consistency that gets you. There as a lot of good drivers, every week, in fact, there are at leas 2-3 folks who actually move over to left faster traffic go by. But there are also lots idiots who cant seem to grasp some very simple concepts, like signal a turn or lane change if it might affect other drivers. Or that an acceleration lane is for speeding up to match traffic, not to drive out to the end of and stop.

And, since its like a box of chocolates, you cant know how to behave towards them. As I approach that car going 50 in a 55, should I just assume idiocy and shift to pass on the right? If I do, they might be that rare gem who will let you by. But no, of course not, I, being eternally optimisic, hope against hope, and get those hopes crushed becuase this person knows they need to turn left 10 miles down the road.

B

Bronwyn

Its not so much that everybody here sucks at driving, its the lack of consistency that gets you. There as a lot of good drivers, every week, in fact, there are at leas 2-3 folks who actually move over to left faster traffic go by. But there are also lots idiots who cant seem to grasp some very simple concepts, like signal a turn or lane change if it might affect other drivers. Or that an acceleration lane is for speeding up to match traffic, not to drive out to the end of and stop.

And, since its like a box of chocolates, you cant know how to behave towards them. As I approach that car going 50 in a 55, should I just assume idiocy and shift to pass on the right? If I do, they might be that rare gem who will let you by. But no, of course not, I, being eternally optimisic, hope against hope, and get those hopes crushed becuase this person knows they need to turn left 10 miles down the road.

I've noticed on my commute to DC that the passing lane has become the "Travel Lane" and the travel lane has become the passing lane.

DallasRed

And learn how to stop at CROSSWALKS!

Vince

Yes, he should learn to spell. :lol:

Yes, he should learn to spell. :lol:

Everyone knows it's maroons.

Well, I've had my amusement reading these driving posts today, but one thing so many folks fail to realize is the broad scope of different drivers from different states and even different countries. Pax River is a melting pot of driver styles. And they are going to clash. You may thing you're the best driver in the world, but go to another state and they'd probably make the same comments about you as you make about them here. Everyone just has to get over themselves and drive defensively. If you get into a "situation", let it go. It's just not worth the blood pressure meds.

These are not the droids you want. Move along. Move along.

Everyone knows it's maroons.

Well, I've had my amusement reading these driving posts today, but one thing so many folks fail to realize is the broad scope of different drivers from different states and even different countries. Pax River is a melting pot of driver styles. And they are going to clash. You may thing you're the best driver in the world, but go to another state and they'd probably make the same comments about you as you make about them here. Everyone just has to get over themselves and drive defensively. If you get into a "situation", let it go. It's just not worth the blood pressure meds.

These are not the droids you want. Move along. Move along.

I'd like to teach the world to sing in perfect har-mo-ny...:smile:

Pete

Repete
Today, when leaving Wawa, I drove out the entrance that is clearly posted "DO not enter. Entrance only" and I laughed maniacally at "the man" for not knuckling under and driving the long way around.