Infested DaVinci Pasta From Food Lion

Inthewoods

Last night's dinner of DaVinci rotini included an infestation of Sawtooth Grain Beetles. The package of pasta was purchased about two weeks ago from the Food Lion in Charlotte Hall. We have notified Food Lion and DaVinci since a lot of these type pests manafest while sitting in a warehouse, processing plant or store for a long time. We are also emptying our whole pantry and trashing all of our non-canned food items. These bugs could have come from DaVinci, Food Lion or something else in our pantry - not necessarily blaming others in case we are at fault. This is just a warning to others who have never seen these pests before. No one had or still has much of an appetite since last night's encounter. I found the link below as a little guidance going forward:
Pantry Pests

Last night's dinner of DaVinci rotini included an infestation of Sawtooth Grain Beetles. The package of pasta was purchased about two weeks ago from the Food Lion in Charlotte Hall. We have notified Food Lion and DaVinci since a lot of these type pests manafest while sitting in a warehouse, processing plant or store for a long time. We are also emptying our whole pantry and trashing all of our non-canned food items. These bugs could have come from DaVinci, Food Lion or something else in our pantry - not necessarily blaming others in case we are at fault. This is just a warning to others who have never seen these pests before. No one had or still has much of an appetite since last night's encounter. I found the link below as a little guidance going forward:
Pantry Pests

Did you know that many types of beetles can make a tasty, crunchy topping for salads and add protein to soups and other dishes?

My name is Euell Gibbons.

Inthewoods

Did you know that many types of beetles can make a tasty, crunchy topping for salads and add protein to soups and other dishes?

My name is Euell Gibbons.

They were definitely crunchy after their boiling session. I have one in a zip lock bag that I might drizzle chocolate over tonight.

I used to get those little moth-like things. They infest the flour and stuff, so I just bag everything in ziplocks. Flour bags, pasta, sugar, anything that doesn't already have an inside protective liner. And those little sticky traps work really well.

Aerogal

USMC 1983-1995
When I was little my dad was stationed in Libya, we got(?) to join him. I remember my mom sifting the cereal, flour and rice to get the bugs out. And this came from the commissary with limited supplies. Back then enlisted people made very little and she couldn't afford to buy new. You do what you have to do sometimes.

acommondisaster

We used to get moths in flour, etc when we lived in Hawaii - so I started putting everything in sealed cannisters. Didn't take long to find out where they were coming from when they matured and the flour was full of moths. They were coming from the commissary. Unfortunately, being in the military we had to continue shopping there because of finances.

I'm not a big fan of Food Lion since the time I could smell something like a rat rotting behind a shelf somewhere (the smell was there for weeks). I think that their lower prices might be the result of getting products that are closer to the end of their shelf life, so I'd suspect them of being the source of your extra protein.

Ick.