Sushi ?

Rane

Lookin for Margaritaville
Someone mentioned sushi :yum: in the "weirdest thing you've ever eaten " thread and it got me to wondering ... wheres a good sushi place around here ? :question:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Asahi in San Souci plaza makes very good sushi. Also Woodburn's in Solomons - though not a restaurant, they will make it while you wait or they have already made stuff in a refrigerated section.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by jazz lady

I've heard it's supposed to be an aphrodisiac...
I tried it once. My husband's idea of a joke. Thought I was gonna puke --how sexy is that? It was horrible! Ugh. :frown:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
oooh, I'll try that

Candles lit...cute little nighty...nice music..

Hey Otter, pass me some of that sea urchin roe...

:barf: :barf: :barf: :barf:

Hey, now do you wanna :smooch:

Yep, I'll remember that one!!:biggrin:

Rane

Lookin for Margaritaville
:smile: my favorites are tuna and eel rolls , esp with avocado :yum: ... and we're not far from san souci plaza, saw Asahi the night we were at Monterey, I was wondering if Asahi was a good sushi place ( not all Japanese restaurants are ) , but will travel a bit farther for good sushi if we have to :biggrin: even my teenage son loves the tuna rolls now even though his favorite is watching the teppanyaki chefs :smile:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Catt -- you're cracking me up here. It was just like that. :lol: (I was looking for a place to spit, just like the time with the vietnamese shrimp.)

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
He could have warned me but nooooo--

We went to a formal Christmas party for this company that was trying to get my husband to come and work for them. I'm in a crowded room full of strangers. A nice hot bowl of HUGE fried shrimp arrives at the table. Everyone is chowing down so I try one and take a big bite :yum: and then I almost choked to death. These savages were eating shrimp with the heads, legs, tail, and antennae still on! I soooo wanted to spit it out, but choked it down instead. I look at my husband with the evil eye and he's got a big smirk on his face. He knew it --and didn't warn me. Grrrr :burning:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Originally posted by Rane
:smile: my favorites are tuna and eel rolls , esp with avocado :yum: ... and we're not far from san souci plaza, saw Asahi the night we were at Monterey, I was wondering if Asahi was a good sushi place ( not all Japanese restaurants are ) , but will travel a bit farther for good sushi if we have to :biggrin: even my teenage son loves the tuna rolls now even though his favorite is watching the teppanyaki chefs :smile:

Then definitely try the one in San Souci plaza - any night but Monday night that night they have a fill-in for the regular sushi chef - Tom. I can also give you names and addresses to some good soushi bars in Annapolis and DC (I was the one who mentioned Sushi :biggrin: ) There is also a sushi bar in Waldorf - next to the Pet Smart, but their sushi tasted "processed" so I haven't been back - but have since heard good things. I only want it fresh (ordered by the guy who is cutting it up for me preferably) and I am very picky.

Frank

Chairman of the Board
Originally posted by migtig

There is also a sushi bar in Waldorf - next to the Pet Smart, but their sushi tasted "processed" so I haven't been back -

Just out of curiosity - do they sell *fish* at the PetSmart? This just sounds too --- fishy.

You know, kinda like having the graveyard next to the hospital.

watercolor

yeah yeah
I have only tried sushi once, and I liked it. I had it with wasabi sause...(wooo that stuff made my eyes water) but I do believe there was not much fish in it though, it was more of a seaweed rice ball I think. :biggrin:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Originally posted by watercolor23
I have only tried sushi once, and I liked it. I had it with wasabi sause...(wooo that stuff made my eyes water) but I do believe there was not much fish in it though, it was more of a seaweed rice ball I think. :biggrin:

Then you will have to go with me one night to eat all the other stuff too!!!! YUMMMY:biggrin:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Re: San Souchi changing it's name?

Originally posted by M Bucker
Is it true that San Souchi plaza is changing it's name to Con Sushi?????????
I did read in the paper today that Shoppers Food Warehouse is supposed to move into the old SuperFresh.