The Lexington

Fruitloopz

I have watched the boards for quite sometime now and I noticed that the same few individuals are continually slamming The Lexington. If I were these individuals, I would have made it a point to bring these issues directly and immediately to the waitress and or owners attention. But yet I have NOTICED not once has any one of them mentioned in their post bringing their disatisfaction to the owners attention.
How intresting. It makes one wonder if there are other motives behind the continued neg. reveiws.
For example if the one individual was so throughly disgusted and unhappy with their meal then common sense would dictate bringing these issues to the owners attention and demanding either another meal and or their money back. But yet they do not? How odd? Their reasoning was that they were almost home? What are telephones for? They simply could have picked up the telephone and asked to speak to one of the owners...but did they? No...But yet they found the time to get on the internet and blast the owner even going as far as to describe his physical appearance referring to his shirt being untucked and ratty jeans? It is as if this poster is implying this is a unkept individual which I personally know for a fact is NOT TRUE...the owners are impeccable individuals both in the kitchen and in their appearance. Another intresting fact was the mention of a cake being cold and heavy this past Thursday well here is a little FYI there was no cake dessert available on Thursday for the desserts offered that evening were pecan pies, pumpkin pies and chocolate mousse. Where this individual received cake from is a mystery to me. In addition yes it is true this is a new establishment and there were and are some kinks that needed to be ironed out. Which is nothing new when someone opens a new eating establishment. Mr. and Mrs. Geer are extremely nice folks and to see the seething reviews they are receiving is very unfair to them. IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM take it directly to them. I can tell you this much if you truly have a issue they will bend over backwards to make it right. They took a DARK, DANK, OLD, NASTY OLD MUSTY DUSTY PLACE and turned it into a bright beautiful friendly place for folks in the area to come to. Is sure beats the heck out of some of the nasty places that folks flock to around here to eat..places I would not allow my dog to eat from. With that said I urge those who have not tried The Lexington to give them a try, I truly think you will be surprised at how beautiful the place has become and how friendly the owners and folks are that serve you and how good the food really is. For those of you unsatisfied why not try the direct approach next time you eat somewhere your disatisfied with instead of attempting to destroy a establishment before they are up and running? I am for one am wishing them nothing but the best for success! They deserve it! They are working so hard to bring something so nice to a very NASTY part of LEXINGTON PARK and to serve all in the community! THEY DESERVE A CHANCE AND THEY DESERVE OUR SUPPORT!

thequizmaster

I went by The Lexington last week to give it a try and LOVED IT! The wings are a great deal for an appetizer or a meal and the country fried steak was fantastic. Its more of a dive that serves great food.

Give it a try folks!

R

remaxrealtor

I have watched the boards for quite sometime now and I noticed that the same few individuals are continually slamming The Lexington. If I were these individuals, I would have made it a point to bring these issues directly and immediately to the waitress and or owners attention. But yet I have NOTICED not once has any one of them mentioned in their post bringing their disatisfaction to the owners attention.
How intresting. It makes one wonder if there are other motives behind the continued neg. reveiws.
For example if the one individual was so throughly disgusted and unhappy with their meal then common sense would dictate bringing these issues to the owners attention and demanding either another meal and or their money back. But yet they do not? How odd? Their reasoning was that they were almost home? What are telephones for? They simply could have picked up the telephone and asked to speak to one of the owners...but did they? No...But yet they found the time to get on the internet and blast the owner even going as far as to describe his physical appearance referring to his shirt being untucked and ratty jeans? It is as if this poster is implying this is a unkept individual which I personally know for a fact is NOT TRUE...the owners are impeccable individuals both in the kitchen and in their appearance. Another intresting fact was the mention of a cake being cold and heavy this past Thursday well here is a little FYI there was no cake dessert available on Thursday for the desserts offered that evening were pecan pies, pumpkin pies and chocolate mousse. Where this individual received cake from is a mystery to me. In addition yes it is true this is a new establishment and there were and are some kinks that needed to be ironed out. Which is nothing new when someone opens a new eating establishment. Mr. and Mrs. Geer are extremely nice folks and to see the seething reviews they are receiving is very unfair to them. IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM take it directly to them. I can tell you this much if you truly have a issue they will bend over backwards to make it right. They took a DARK, DANK, OLD, NASTY OLD MUSTY DUSTY PLACE and turned it into a bright beautiful friendly place for folks in the area to come to. Is sure beats the heck out of some of the nasty places that folks flock to around here to eat..places I would not allow my dog to eat from. With that said I urge those who have not tried The Lexington to give them a try, I truly think you will be surprised at how beautiful the place has become and how friendly the owners and folks are that serve you and how good the food really is. For those of you unsatisfied why not try the direct approach next time you eat somewhere your disatisfied with instead of attempting to destroy a establishment before they are up and running? I am for one am wishing them nothing but the best for success! They deserve it! They are working so hard to bring something so nice to a very NASTY part of LEXINGTON PARK and to serve all in the community! THEY DESERVE A CHANCE AND THEY DESERVE OUR SUPPORT!

As a restaurant owner in the past, I find that your "true" critics give you great information...then there are those who want to complain..period...

It's an incredibly tough business and you must develop a hard shell to do well. I've heard RAVE reviews about the place, from people I respect!

My opinion is.....I can't wait to try it!:love: Taking my mom there for liver!!! best of luck to them!

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Well, feel free to patronize their restaurant every damn day of the week, because I'm not going back to that place and eat that crap ever again. And I know of other people who have eaten there with similar opinions who will not return.

The food was nasty, ill-prepared, and not at all appealing.

And we DID complain to the manager/owner (?). Sending back two uneaten steaks to the kitchen because they were rock-hard and overcooked should be a good indication to the kitchen staff that their food is sub-par.

Oh, and they DID have a pumpkin cake that was served last Thursday. Dense, hard, and cold, it was delivered to the table with a piece of plastic wrap still on it. Come on, now. What kind of professional restaurantuer would deliver an item to a customer still wrapped in Saran Wrap? And for the record, it was nasty. :barf:

So there.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You know, another way to go about that would be to say:

"I'm sorry you had a bad experience. We rely on our customers to let us know when something is amiss so that we can correct it. I hope you'll give us another chance and please let us know if your meal or service is unsatisfactory."

It's not up to your customers to run your business and they are under no obligation to tell you when your food or waitstaff are subpar. However, if you engage them and are truly interested in their feedback, they will be more likely to want to help you.

So OP gets an F in customer relations.

R

remaxrealtor

Well, feel free to patronize their restaurant every damn day of the week, because I'm not going back to that place and eat that crap ever again. And I know of other people who have eaten there with similar opinions who will not return.

The food was nasty, ill-prepared, and not at all appealing.

And we DID complain to the manager/owner (?). Sending back two uneaten steaks to the kitchen because they were rock-hard and overcooked should be a good indication to the kitchen staff that their food is sub-par.

Oh, and they DID have a pumpkin cake that was served last Thursday. Dense, hard, and cold, it was delivered to the table with a piece of plastic wrap still on it. Come on, now. What kind of professional restaurantuer would deliver an item to a customer still wrapped in Saran Wrap? And for the record, it was nasty. :barf:

So there.

WOW! This is what I was talking about. If someone is willing to give you this kind of criticism, in the form of actual information, then you (restaurant owner) are fortunate to hear it so you know what you're doing wrong.

Of course I'm biased, but this is one opinion I'd always appreciate!!!!:love:

KVF323

You know, another way to go about that would be to say:

"I'm sorry you had a bad experience. We rely on our customers to let us know when something is amiss so that we can correct it. I hope you'll give us another chance and please let us know if your meal or service is unsatisfactory."

It's not up to your customers to run your business and they are under no obligation to tell you when your food or waitstaff are subpar. However, if you engage them and are truly interested in their feedback, they will be more likely to want to help you.

So OP gets an F in customer relations.
:yeahthat:

The post from OP is a turn off. To be soooo defensive. People are going to put their opinions on here, whether it crap or not. I have seen more awesome reviews than bad, but after reading that post, i hope the owner and staff would welcome criticism, instead of putting down other peoples opinions.

Nucklesack

I hear their food sucks. :killingme

The fact that someone clearly affiliated with the Restaurant decided to post as a non-interested party, while making the EXACT sort of claims about the area the business caters too, shows a lack of class and displays that the business would rather disparage its customers than rectify any issues the customers would have.

sockgirl77

I hear their food sucks. :killingme

The fact that someone clearly affiliated with the Restaurant decided to post as a non-interested party, while making the EXACT sort of claims about the area the business caters too, shows a lack of class and displays that the business would rather disparage its customers than rectify any issues the customers would have.

I can not image it taking one hour and 45 minutes to receive your food when they are on top of their game every day morning...noon and night! I personally work there and they are hustling in the back. May I make a suggestion? On their website it states quote" CALL AHEAD order and we will have your meal waiting for you" and they are serious about this they will have your lunch waiting for you when you walk in the door.

:lol:

Beta84

They're out to get us
yeah...I think the owners should encourage FruitLoopz to never post again. I had a pretty high view of the Lexington til this clown started posting without paragraphs and getting all critical any time someone had something negative to say. :crazy:

where the heck is the lexington?

Old Roost location -- GMR and Shangri-La/Willows.

Nucklesack

yeah...I think the owners should encourage FruitLoopz to never post again. I had a pretty high view of the Lexington til this clown started posting without paragraphs and getting all critical any time someone had something negative to say. :crazy:

Old Roost location -- GMR and Shangri-La/Willows.

thanks

glhs837

Power with Control
I've been supportive of the Lexington, and understand the reasoning behind this post. However, its still not quite the way to go about it. If you want a good primer in how to deal with forum criticism, I highly suggest a read of the Ruddy Duck thread. Carlos, one of the owners, has posted in that thread repeatedly, and handled it quite well.

http://forums.somd.com/restaurants/183317-ruddy-duck-review.html

The thing about it, isnt to get defensive, but instead to use the forums as a kind of digital comment card. People almost never fill those out. This place here is a way to learn what to do better, companies pay big money to get honest feedback from customers, take what you read here in that light.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I've been supportive of the Lexington, and understand the reasoning behind this post. However, its still not quite the way to go about it. If you want a good primer in how to deal with forum criticism, I highly suggest a read of the Ruddy Duck thread. Carlos, one of the owners, has posted in that thread repeatedly, and handled it quite well.

http://forums.somd.com/restaurants/183317-ruddy-duck-review.html

The thing about it, isnt to get defensive, but instead to use the forums as a kind of digital comment card. People almost never fill those out. This place here is a way to learn what to do better, companies pay big money to get honest feedback from customers, take what you read here in that light.

Good post :yay:

Mr.Steed

There is one major correction with regard to this post. The person who should get the most acknowledgment for rehabbing the Roost, is the previous owner, when the Roost was known as Bombay Garden. That fellow spent months working on that restaurant. Now the new owners may have added a few touches, but they did not do near what the Bombay Garden owner did. I'm sorry Bombay Garden didn't make it, they had great food and so did the Roost, way, way back in the day. Think though, I'll continue to dine at Linda's Cafe for some good old American comfort food, no offense to the Lexington.

royhobie

hobieflyer
I was skeptical at first. But was pleasantly surprised. A complete 180 degree change from the way it was previously. The food was great. However, the soup was in one of those expansive shallow (so called) bowls. For some reason, I think I'm not getting as much, although the businesses that use this practice always claim it is the same quanity. The fireplaces should still be operational and should provide for a nice dinner or lunch by the fire this coming fall and winter. The prices are a little high but not bad. There are some limited exceptions, so long as you like the food offered where the exception is the difference. I have personally witnessed the management making every attempt to go the extra mile. I'll certainly return soon.

Danolex

I was skeptical at first. But was pleasantly surprised. A complete 180 degree change from the way it was previously. The food was great. However, the soup was in one of those expansive shallow (so called) bowls. For some reason, I think I'm not getting as much, although the businesses that use this practice always claim it is the same quanity. The fireplaces should still be operational and should provide for a nice dinner or lunch by the fire this coming fall and winter. The prices are a little high but not bad. There are some limited exceptions, so long as you like the food offered where the exception is the difference. I have personally witnessed the management making every attempt to go the extra mile. I'll certainly return soon.

I too am a patron that really wants/wanted the Lexington to succeed. However, our second trip to the restaurant was for breakfast and ended without a bite to eat.
We waited for 50 minutes and watched as two tables (arriving and ordering after us) received there meals before us. Enjoyed the coffee, even left $5 for the probably $1 worth of coffee we drank.
I think poor planning was probably the culprit. It was a federal holiday (Veterans Day) so many people in this Navy town had the day off. One cook and two wait staff will not cut it on a day like this.
The owner came up to our window as we were about to back out of our parking spot and asked how we enjoyed our visit. Explained how we really wanted to see the restaurant succeed and how disappointed we were with our exerience this day. He asked us to give it another chance...Honestly, if I were the owner, I would have asked us to please hold on one moment and offered a free dinner for two or something of the like.
Very disappointed now. Not sure about returning. Sadly, not a priority anymore.

B

Bronwyn

One of the things we do on this forum is talk about places to eat out and how it was. Your place isn't the first and won't be the last. And the reviews were mixed... some love it and others didn't care for it.

Your post def. makes me not want to go back.