Trees down calls...

dgates80

Land of the lost
Hearing one after another this evening on the Calvert scanner. I bet there will be plenty more when the winds kick it up a notch late this evening.

smilin

BOXER NATION
Hearing one after another this evening on the Calvert scanner. I bet there will be plenty more when the winds kick it up a notch late this evening.

LUCKY!

We had one big oak that dropped in between the house and along the side of our deck! Just missed the rail by a foot.
Pretty exciting for a sec - I was looking out a window as it came down.
BOOM!

:shocked:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

It is very windy out there! I nearly lost my umbrella to the wind twice going in & out of stores this afternoon.

I hate cold, wind AND rain! :frown:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
No trees down, but there was a skunk in the front yard when we got home this evening. I think I startled the little bugger. I quickly turned off the heater in case he decided to spray and quickly ran into the house.

:jameo: :jameo: :jameo:

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
SMOW I LOVE!
It's the loud BOOMS that bother me, trees are dropping all around us.
Don't tell anybody - but I forgot to fill up the chainsaw gas can.....:geek:

Go fill it :shrug: :lol: Well, it's not exactly cold out but we'll have snowy nor'easters soon enough :dye:

royhobie

hobieflyer
Expect it to get much worse. Have your flash lights ready and a good battery in your alarm clocks. More trees will be down. High winds around 40 to 50 over night. More flooding. St. Mary's and Calvert is on the north edge 10 or more iches of rain as this storm develops. Some of that heavy stuff may clip us. Especially the south part of these two counties. GOOD LUCK!

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Expect it to get much worse. Have your flash lights ready and a good battery in your alarm clocks. More trees will be down. High winds around 40 to 50 over night. More flooding. St. Mary's and Calvert is on the north edge 10 or more iches of rain as this storm develops. Some of that heavy stuff may clip us. Especially the south part of these two counties. GOOD LUCK!

Link to info, please.

workaholic

Save the Tatas!!!
The thing that gets me is with watching Fox 5 and NBC 4 yesterday and this morning they acted like there was nothing really to it. However when I changed to the Weather Channel all hell was getting ready to break loose.

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
The thing that gets me is with watching Fox 5 and NBC 4 yesterday and this morning they acted like there was nothing really to it. However when I changed to the Weather Channel all hell was getting ready to break loose.

Tonight, channel 9 said maybe 2 more inches of rain and high winds tomorrow. I'll have to tune to TWC later this evening.

workaholic

Save the Tatas!!!
Bob Ryan said St. Mary's and Calvert could get 4 inches of rain by Friday and high wind gusts. :shrug:

I am Lexington Park and my rain gauge is at just under 2 inches so far. I have wind gusts of 22mph with a 8-10mph sustained. My areonometer is not in the best location either.