Thanksgiving Dinner

Homer J

Power Chord
So, which restaurants are going to be open for Thanksgiving dinner? We've decided that we don't want to cook this year and would rather go out.

Any suggestions?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I talked my daughter into restauranting it this year, too. It's just going to be me, her, bebe daddy and bebe, so cooking a huge meal didn't seem like any fun.

Whereabouts are you, Homer?

Aerogal

USMC 1983-1995
I'm sure you'll find an assortment of places open.
Me - My hubby has announced he's buying the bird. :cds: I hope there's no ostrich farmers around here:twitch:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
That's a good idea - maybe I'll hit the daughter up with that. You get the bird and trimmings, bring it home, heat it up, and voila! Thanksgiving with no fuss and no muss.

Some grocery store do that too. Just a thought.

onebdzee

off the shelf
That's a good idea - maybe I'll hit the daughter up with that. You get the bird and trimmings, bring it home, heat it up, and voila! Thanksgiving with no fuss and no muss.

Giant has that, also

We are headed to momma's where I am treating her, my brother, my mutts, my neice, and her son to dinner at the Silver Spring Mining Co....they have the best fried pickles ever

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
Giant has that, also

We are headed to momma's where I am treating her, my brother, my mutts, my neice, and her son to dinner at the Silver Spring Mining Co....they have the best fried pickles ever

I am sure the Pilgrims didn't fry their pickles.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
In Lincoln they have HyVee grocery stores and last year when I was there for Riggsy's birth and Thanksgiving, they had a full meal deal, mix and match, get what you want, and the price was pretty decent. Looked pretty good, too.

I'll give her a buzz right now!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
In Lincoln they have HyVee grocery stores and last year when I was there for Riggsy's birth and Thanksgiving, they had a full meal deal, mix and match, get what you want, and the price was pretty decent. Looked pretty good, too.

I'll give her a buzz right now!

Great idea! I'm glad you thought of it! :lol:

Suz

33 yrs & we r still n luv
So, which restaurants are going to be open for Thanksgiving dinner? We've decided that we don't want to cook this year and would rather go out.

Any suggestions?

You'll find lots of them open. Isaac's in Solomon's and Kingfisher on the island too! You won't find us at either on Thanksgiving. I'm cooking. Only Thanksgiving I ever ate out on was in 1976 and it was my rehearsal dinner held at hubby's grandfather's yacht club. But you will find us at Kingfisher on the 27th for a private party and celebrating our 33rd anniversary!!

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
There's always the bob evans ordering a turkey dinner option...

We are doing the Bob Evans thing this year. Did it a few years ago too. It was :yum:

Also.. I saw a sign as I passed Adam's Ribs that they are doing Thanksgiving dinners.

Last edited:

Homer J

Power Chord
I talked my daughter into restauranting it this year, too. It's just going to be me, her, bebe daddy and bebe, so cooking a huge meal didn't seem like any fun.

Whereabouts are you, Homer?

We're down around Dameron.

There's always the bob evans ordering a turkey dinner option...

We've been banned from Bob Evans. Long story.

Anyone know if Lenny's will be open? Might look into Pax Landing on the base too. Their open face turkey sandwich is yummy.