Credit report

linh

My credit report shows “ALERT(s): File Blocked for Promotional Purposes” in bold. The line above this line has the name of my previous employer. I resigned from that company during the time they were under staffs so they were not happy when I left. Two weeks after I left, 2 people in the same group also left. Did they put that alert so that I other companies cannot look at my record and therefore would not hire me? Do any of you have any idea about the alert? Is it a negative sign?

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Have you tried contacting either of the 3 major credit bureaus? They could easily explain the "alert" since they're the ones that put the status on there. I'd like to know the answer myself because I've never heard of that. :confused:

ceo_pte

I think that means that you 'opted out' on your credit report. That means that they are not allowed to share your information with Credit Card companys, etc. There was a website and 1.800 # that you could call a while back to do this. Did you? I did to keep from getting so much junk mail and I am pretty sure that's what showed up on mine.