Report Internet Scam

Which agency is the best one to report internet scams? I know of one but don't want to reveal it until after it has been reported. It is NOT just local to St. Mary's county and I'm quite sure it ultimately has ties to overseas. Would I start with the local sherrif, FBI, or who? thanks

B

Bronwyn

Really depends on what site the scam is coming from. A lot of big corp have a deptartment for reporting scams like e-bay & Bank of America etc.

E

EmptyTimCup

Which agency is the best one to report internet scams? I know of one but don't want to reveal it until after it has been reported. It is NOT just local to St. Mary's county and I'm quite sure it ultimately has ties to overseas. Would I start with the local sheriff, FBI, or who? thanks

If you have lost any money, cash or credit .... start with your bank

B

Bronwyn

The scam is on this site but I've seen it other places also. My granddaughter was scammed similarly on another source. The money process is through Western Union.

I think this site also has a scam reporting process. You can also try calling the control center for your county and asking if they have someone that might handle it.