Check Your Statements!!!

Cowgirl

I went online today to check our bank account, and saw two charges that we did not put on there. They were both from Payless in Topeka, KS. One was for $1.34, and the other was for $1.24. Looks like someone was testing to see if they could get the funds. Now I have to get a new card, which is a huge inconvenience because I had my number memorized :)tantrum) and it'll be 7-10 days until I get it, and another 2 days until I get the pin. Right in time for Christmas shopping. :burning:

I'm so pissed. I want to find the loser who did this and kick them in the face. :mad: ####ing #######.

So check your accounts every day!

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I'm sorry. They were having a sale on shoe horns and I was :nomoney:.

They were buy one, get $.10 off of the second.

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member
I went online today to check our bank account, and saw two charges that we did not put on there. They were both from Payless in Topeka, KS. One was for $1.34, and the other was for $1.24. Looks like someone was testing to see if they could get the funds. Now I have to get a new card, which is a huge inconvenience because I had my number memorized :)tantrum) and it'll be 7-10 days until I get it, and another 2 days until I get the pin. Right in time for Christmas shopping. :burning:

I'm so pissed. I want to find the loser who did this and kick them in the face. :mad: ####ing #######.

So check your accounts every day!

Happened to me recently too. I had charges for Nintendo downloads and ringtones, they were pending and never got posted. One did go through for Xbox Live before I could cancel the account, but the bank refunded the money. I check my account on-line every day. :yay:

vbailey

vbailey
never use your bank card when ordering things on-line....I had an issue with that once...always use a credit card when doing online ordering...

Cowgirl

never use your bank card when ordering things on-line....I had an issue with that once...always use a credit card when doing online ordering...

I use my Visa debit card for everything. That's what was used for the fraudulent charges. My bank offers me the same protection a regular credit card would.

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!
I got a call from VISA Sunday, they asked if I tried to spend $500 at Toys-R-Us in New York. They wisely declined the transaction due to the fact it was a suspicious large round number (?) and that it was way out of state since we live in TX now. I logged on and reviewed our transactions and there were no other charges thankfully. Hope our new credit cards get here soon I'm waaay behind on Xmas shopping and get good air miles from this card.

Check all accounts (credit card, bank, investment and any other on-line type) daily. It does not take that long to do so and no one is going to watch your money better than you.

luvscats

We had two inaccurate charges. One was for a money-gram and another was for a video game. The charge card company noticed the locations were inconsistent with our shopping history and called us. I guess it is that time of year!

Plus I rec'd a phishing email from somebody representing themselves as PAYPAL. In the attachment they asked for account numbers and my ssn. I forwarded the email/attachment on to PAYPAL.

It's aggravating and kinda scary.

Cowgirl

Plus I rec'd a phishing email from somebody representing themselves as PAYPAL. In the attachment they asked for account numbers and my ssn. I forwarded the email/attachment on to PAYPAL.

It's aggravating and kinda scary.

I've been getting those a lot lately. :mad:

I

Irish_Eyes

My account recently would have gotten overdrawn over 500 dollars(not including OD fees) if I hadn't checked my statements everyday. Thankfully, I not only check my statements, I get daily updates sent to my email, so the day I got over TEN different transactions I hadn't made turn up on my statement, I called the bank.

After about a week of almost no money(thankfully I'd already gone grocery shopping and put gas in my car), all the transactions were declined by the bank, I got my money back, and not only got a new card, I got a whole new account number(I insisted on it, because some of the charges seemed to be going through like checks). It was frustrating, but the people at the bank were very friendly and I was able to get a little bit of cash to keep in my pocket "just in case" during that week. Atleast there's protection through most good banks for things like this.

Also... what I've been doing since then... is every paycheck, if I know I'm going to be ordering things online or I wont be able to get to an ATM, I just go to Walmart and put it on a moneycard. I'd bought a joint-account moneycard there months back to pay for little things like a couple subscriptions to online games for myself and my bf, and now we use it for almost everything. Yeah, I have to pay like 2 bucks to put money on it, that's about how much I'd have to pay to go to an ATM that doesn't belong to my bank anyway, and it's worth it to protect my accounts.

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member
Two more today, so BOA closed my account. This is getting ridiculous. :cussing:

I

Irish_Eyes

Two more today, so BOA closed my account. This is getting ridiculous. :cussing:

I found out Christmas day that my parents are closing their BOA accounts as well as their credit cards. Of all the banks, BOA seems to be the one that's having the most issues and screwing with their customers the most. My parents have a few credit cards through BOA, and just recently got a letter telling them that their interest rates were going WAY up and that their limit was being lowered to about 400 dollars over what their current balance is... that's a LOT when you look at what their limits were before the bank decided to do this.

Both of my parents have excellent credit scores, and instead of just paying minimum payments on their cards, pay off the full amount owed every month. They've never missed a payment in over three years, and they've been keeping their balances low on their cards to ensure that they never will. And now BOA is punishing them for it. Doesn't make any damn sense, but I'm glad I closed my account with them when I did(about two years ago when they screwed me over big time).

If it were me, I'd pull my money out of that account once you get whatever the people stole from you back, and move it to another bank that doesn't make it a practice to let things like that and what happened to my parents happen.

MDFamily1017

The only thing about that is what if you were on vacation and tried to make the large purchase, you would have been denied for nothing, held up the line and very annoyed! lol