Need a new washer dryer suggestions???

capsfan78

I'm XRATED
Hey everyone. Was washing clothes the other day, and I heard a bad squeal come from my washer. Went down stairs and my laundry room was full of smoke. Washer agitator was locked up. I was able to get it unfrozen, but I'm going to replace both washer and dryer as they both look like they have had better days.

Any suggestions on a good product to get. I'd like to keep it under $1500 also, and I'm looking at front loader washer and dryer.

Thanks.

Last edited:

capsfan78

I'm XRATED
K_Jo and Chasey_Lane, please leave this thread and delete your posts. It has nothing to do with my question, and is not wanted.

Thank you.

Also, thanks to those who are putting in valuable responses to my post.

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
I bought the Whirlpool Duet set a few years ago and love them. They were rated #1 by Consumer Reports when I bought them. No problems at all.

Cowgirl

I've heard that front loaders are having mold issues. :shrug: Not sure how true it is.

We bought a new washer and dryer a few years ago, and we were on a tight budget. We got a Roper and a Performa. Can't remember which is the washer, and which is the dryer. I think each one was around $300. We love them.

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
K_Jo and Chasey_Lane, please leave this thread and delete your posts. It has nothing to do with my question, and is not wanted.

Thank you.

Also, thanks to those who are putting in valuable responses to my post.

No problem. I'll leave right now. But I'm not taking my posts. They're yours to keep. :yay:

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
I've heard that front loaders are having mold issues. :shrug: Not sure how true it is.

We bought a new washer and dryer a few years ago, and we were on a tight budget. We got a Roper and a Performa. Can't remember which is the washer, and which is the dryer. I think each one was around $300. We love them.

I heard you have to keep the door ajar so it will dry out or it gets mildewy.

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member
I heard you have to keep the door ajar so it will dry out or it gets mildewy.

and run a load of hot water and bleach once in a while. :yay:

Do you have a plate for my Lean Pocket? TIA :flowers:

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
and run a load of hot water and bleach once in a while. :yay:

Do you have a plate for my Lean Pocket? TIA :flowers:

Of course! I also have bowls. Would you like a bowl? Need a fork? Spoon? Excedrin?