Don't Shop At Best Buy

Highlander

ONE NATION UNDER GOD
Just some advise from someone who has been screwed three times in the past 10 years by BEST BUY. I guess you don't want to hear my stories but trust me, they don't bend over backwards to make things right.

Save your reciepts, read the fine print. If you are buying a computer, remember they only have a 14 day return policy.

Macluvr

Just some advise from someone who has been screwed three times in the past 10 years by BEST BUY. I guess you don't want to hear my stories but trust me, they don't bend over backwards to make things right.

Save your reciepts, read the fine print. If you are buying a computer, remember they only have a 14 day return policy.

Actually, if you look up in the store, its posted all around the store their store policy's. I never would have seen them if I hadn't been waiting for something. I decided when I read them that day not to buy any big ticket items. I rarely shop there.

Beta84

They're out to get us
they are among the worst at customer service. unless you are 100% sure you are getting something you want and will NEVER have to deal with best buy then i'd say go somewhere else.

I remember one time some 10 years ago I bought this game there that wasn't working on my computer even though it claimed to be compatible. I brought it back and they gave me some BS saying how it worked and it was my fault and :blahblah: -- then they tell me to format my computer and install this game first...like I'm really going to wipe my ENTIRE computer just so I can install that game before anything else! Effing idiots. So they finally offered me a deal where I could exchange it with another game and get the balance of my $$ back when I told them I didn't want another game, so I exchanged it for a cheapo game and got just about all of my money back, which they didn't even think would happen when they offered me the deal :lol:

But yeah their customer service sucks. They think they're smart and you're stupid, they're right and you're wrong. Must be nice to have that attitude and be able to get away with it.

Actually, if you look up in the store, its posted all around the store their store policy's. I never would have seen them if I hadn't been waiting for something. I decided when I read them that day not to buy any big ticket items. I rarely shop there.

They have gotten better about posting up policies after people started getting really pissed about how horrible they were.

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch

UH-OH. Why didn't youn post this before and maybe I wouldn't have bought from there? Just kidding, hope I don't get hosed. I bought laptops.

winniesmom

winniesmom
best buy

UH-OH. Why didn't youn post this before and maybe I wouldn't have bought from there? Just kidding, hope I don't get hosed. I bought laptops.

I bought a computer from them and didn't realize that there was a 15 percent restocking fee. If I had known that I would not have bought nothing from them and plus that geek squad they have is a big joke

MDTerps

Back in the saddle
I bought a computer from them and didn't realize that there was a 15 percent restocking fee. If I had known that I would not have bought nothing from them and plus that geek squad they have is a big joke

I'm so glad I have a computer guy I can trust. Best Buy is a rip off.

workaholic

Save the Tatas!!!
A few christmas's ago I bought an iPod from them. Luckily I waited until last minute to do my shopping. It happened to be dead right out of the box. They worked on it for 30 minutes to try to get it working and wanted to keep it a whole day to have someone else look at it. The thing was obviously dead. They were spending more money on resources trying to not take a return than it would have been just to give me a new one and ship the broken one back.

I stay away from Best Buy unless they have something I absolutely need. Even then the chances of this store having what I need or want is slim.

workaholic

Save the Tatas!!!
they are among the worst at customer service. unless you are 100% sure you are getting something you want and will NEVER have to deal with best buy then i'd say go somewhere else.

I remember one time some 10 years ago I bought this game there that wasn't working on my computer even though it claimed to be compatible. I brought it back and they gave me some BS saying how it worked and it was my fault and :blahblah: -- then they tell me to format my computer and install this game first...like I'm really going to wipe my ENTIRE computer just so I can install that game before anything else! Effing idiots. So they finally offered me a deal where I could exchange it with another game and get the balance of my $$ back when I told them I didn't want another game, so I exchanged it for a cheapo game and got just about all of my money back, which they didn't even think would happen when they offered me the deal :lol:

But yeah their customer service sucks. They think they're smart and you're stupid, they're right and you're wrong. Must be nice to have that attitude and be able to get away with it.

They have gotten better about posting up policies after people started getting really pissed about how horrible they were.

So at 14 you were a cheap ass too. :killingme

Beta84

They're out to get us
So at 14 you were a cheap ass too. :killingme

how was I cheap because a game wouldn't work? :lmao: i forgot to mention to test it they installed it on some top of the line computer instead of my average one, so obviously the stupid thing would work. :mad:

even tho i outsmarted them in the end they still won a minor victory :ohwell:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Not sure if I told the Best Buy story in here, but if so here it goes again:

The Thursday before Black Friday BG is looking at the Best Buy ads and finds a Samsung Front load Steam Washer and Dryer pair for $1000 OFF. She tells me she would like to have them, so I go to Best Buy at 2 AM to stand in line for 3 hours to make sure I get her what she wants.

I get into the store at 5:01AM, and go the terminal they set up in the car installation bay to do orders. The first guy in line complets his sale at 5:15 Am and now it's MY turn. I order it, and at the end the computer freezes, we do this again and again for over an hour, before they finally decide their system isn't working. At that time they had >700 sets in the warehouse available.

They do a manual order form, basically taking down all the information so they can go online later in the day when their highspeed ordering system is working again.. You know they didn't expect ANY orders to be placed on Black Friday so they NEVER tested their system to see if it could handle more than 2 orders at a time.

So I've done my part, played their sillyass black friday game, to find out my Washer and Dryer was never ordered, or to be more exact, was ordered twice and both times cancelled. BUT if you came into the store at 9AM when the system came back up you could have ordered your pair, and in and out of the store. THOSE that were in at 5AM and "ordered" their sets, yeah, all of ours weren't actually ordered until they were out of stock and all of our orders were cancelled, NATION WIDE!

So far Best Buy has done nothing to make this right, no offer of substitute appliances, and the local Best Buy will put you on hold until you get tired of waiting and hangup, and if you GO to the store they send out their 19 year old "manager" to comiserate with you, and do absolutely nothing.

I'm still waiting, a week later, with the charges still showing on my credit card, to see what they offer as a resolution.

Beta84

They're out to get us

The Thursday before Black Friday BG is looking at the Best Buy ads and finds a Samsung Front load Steam Washer and Dryer pair for $1000 OFF. She tells me she would like to have them, so I go to Best Buy at 2 AM to stand in line for 3 hours to make sure I get her what she wants.

I get into the store at 5:01AM, and go the terminal they set up in the car installation bay to do orders. The first guy in line complets his sale at 5:15 Am and now it's MY turn. I order it, and at the end the computer freezes, we do this again and again for over an hour, before they finally decide their system isn't working. At that time they had >700 sets in the warehouse available.

They do a manual order form, basically taking down all the information so they can go online later in the day when their highspeed ordering system is working again.. You know they didn't expect ANY orders to be placed on Black Friday so they NEVER tested their system to see if it could handle more than 2 orders at a time.

So I've done my part, played their sillyass black friday game, to find out my Washer and Dryer was never ordered, or to be more exact, was ordered twice and both times cancelled. BUT if you came into the store at 9AM when the system came back up you could have ordered your pair, and in and out of the store. THOSE that were in at 5AM and "ordered" their sets, yeah, all of ours weren't actually ordered until they were out of stock and all of our orders were cancelled, NATION WIDE!

So far Best Buy has done nothing to make this right, no offer of substitute appliances, and the local Best Buy will put you on hold until you get tired of waiting and hangup, and if you GO to the store they send out their 19 year old "manager" to comiserate with you, and do absolutely nothing.

I'm still waiting, a week later, with the charges still showing on my credit card, to see what they offer as a resolution.

so basically they screwed everyone who was there from 5-9am and gave them to the people who arrived after 9 since their system was working. Talk about retarded. They should cancel all the later orders, say the people who were there at 5am were first, and deal with the consequences. Better to piss off the people who showed up late and got lucky than the hardcore people who were there when they were supposed to be.

Pete

Repete

So you got up at 2AM, stood in line 3 hours to order a washer -dryer that never got ordered but you got charged?

chess

low 5... hi 5......
everyone and there brother knows best buy is a rip off....

If you want to buy a laptop got newegg.com and get a heck of a deal... end of story....

itsbob

I bowl overhand
So you got up at 2AM, stood in line 3 hours to order a washer -dryer that never got ordered but you got charged?

Pretty much.. BUT the being charged part works to my advantage, they now have to honor the deal, or give me a better one. IF they hadn't charged me there would be no recourse. If they don't deliver they could be on the hook for not only what they charged me, but the difference between the sale price and the regular price ($1000).

My son got a kick out of the fact that I was standing in line at Best Buy for a washer and dryer.. he sent me a text. "You're doing WHAT!!?"

It's official, I've been domesticated, the feral has been bred out of me..

Pete

Repete
Pretty much.. BUT the being charged part works to my advantage, they now have to honor the deal, or give me a better one. IF they hadn't charged me there would be no recourse. If they don't deliver they could be on the hook for not only what they charged me, but the difference between the sale price and the regular price ($1000).

My son got a kick out of the fact that I was standing in line at Best Buy for a washer and dryer.. he sent me a text. "You're doing WHAT!!?"

It's official, I've been domesticated, the feral has been bred out of me..

True about the charge. They will just jerk you around long enough you give up and ask for a refund.

I slept in, checked on line, swung by Sears about 1pm and ordered my fridge for $1200 off (50% off) and it came in Tuesday. I said screw it and gave them $75 to deliver, set up and carry away the old one.

frogman123

agreed- i have had my dealing with best buy and none of them were good. Customer Service? HAHAHAHA that's a joke. I just use their store to "test" things before I buy them on newegg/amazon etc....

SamSpade

I bought a camera there, for Bluejay, for Christmas several years ago. It wasn't quite what she wanted, so when I went to exchange/return it, I came across their "restocking" fee. I was outraged. They were going to charge me 50 bucks to walk over and put it back on the shelf. Hell, I could do that myself.

After much argument, they finally explained that the REASON for the fee was to forestall the widespread use of their items for temporary use. People would "buy" a laptop or camera so they could use them for a short time and then return them. A digital camera could be used to take holiday pictures and there'd be no evidence it was ever used.

That's when, after more than an hour of fighting these guys I pointed out to them that THIS WAS a 35MM CAMERA - you know, the kind you put FILM in - and obviously didn't come under their ridiculous restocking fee.

Of course, at this point, they had the balls to ask if I wanted to exchange it for another camera. Screw that - they'd pissed me off enough. I just wanted my money back.

Someone else here put it correctly - only buy from them if you know exactly what you want and have no intention of returning it under any circumstances.

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
I went in there yesterday to get a XM radio...I was attacked by a little geek that wanted to know what I was looking for...I told him I wanted a XM radio made by Delphi..(RCExpress)...He informed me that there was no such thing...(I have 3 now)....Finally he showed me a XM and it was the one I wanted but he insisted Delphi didn't make it....Any way, It was listed at $169.99...I told him that must not be the one because the ones that I have seen were somewhat cheaper...he insisted they have the lowest prices...OK, I left without the radio and came home and found it online for $124.99 with free shipping...I ordered it yesterday and it was here by 12 noon...Same damn radio...

mkd20012001

Live~Love~Laugh
I went in there yesterday to get a XM radio...I was attacked by a little geek that wanted to know what I was looking for...I told him I wanted a XM radio made by Delphi..(RCExpress)...He informed me that there was no such thing...(I have 3 now)....Finally he showed me a XM and it was the one I wanted but he insisted Delphi didn't make it....Any way, It was listed at $169.99...I told him that must not be the one because the ones that I have seen were somewhat cheaper...he insisted they have the lowest prices...OK, I left without the radio and came home and found it online for $124.99 with free shipping...I ordered it yesterday and it was here by 12 noon...Same damn radio...

Best Buy matches the prices found online and in other stores as long as you bring in an ad with the price.