AGAIN with the spiders.

B

Bronwyn

:faint:

Maybe you should get some bug spray and spray the crap out of your window frame... I would.

belvak

Happy Camper
It's a Wolf Spider... They can get REALLY big!! Do a search of the forum. There are lots of threads with pictures and links to sites with info about them.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Ok, I posted once before about the problem I am having with HUGE spiders coming in my closed window (above my bed). I usually end up finding them when they crawl up on me in the middle of the night (no joke). I don't live very close to the water (apartment complex actually), and they supposedly spray often for bugs.

That apartment complex was built over Moll Dyers grave. The spiders are a physical manifestation of her spirit that has never found peace due to the brutal way she died. Try holy water on your window sill

Macluvr

I could be wrong, but I am fairly sure you need to ask them to specifically spray for spiders for the poison to work on spiders. They have to use a special mix. I would be for getting some silicone caulking or something and going around the edges of the window really well with it. Either that or move my bed. :faint:

B

Bronwyn

I could be wrong, but I am fairly sure you need to ask them to specifically spray for spiders for the poison to work on spiders. They have to use a special mix. I would be for getting some silicone caulking or something and going around the edges of the window really well with it. Either that or move my bed. :faint:

That is true. We had an infestation of Black widows at work the other week. The exterminator explained to me that he did not have anything to spray that would help, and to simply kill them as we found them. :shrug:

You would think a professional exterminator would have what he needed, lol.

bobbyb

Ohh yeah, and the reason for the post is that I would still like to get a positive ID on what kind of spider this is.

This is a Wolf spider.
Spider Identification Chart - Venomous or Dangerous?

Venom toxicity - the bite of the Wolf Spider is poisonous but not lethal. Although non-aggressive, they bite freely if provoked and should be considered dangerous to humans. The bite may be very painful. First aid and medical attention should be sought as soon as possible, particularly as to children or the elderly.

Make sure that when you kill them that you also get the young that the female carrys on her back.

Last edited:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
On average, a human will swallow about 6 spiders in their sleep in their lifetime.

Have you ever gone an entire day without feeling hungry??

squidword

Ok, I posted once before about the problem I am having with HUGE spiders coming in my closed window (above my bed). I usually end up finding them when they crawl up on me in the middle of the night (no joke). I don't live very close to the water (apartment complex actually), and they supposedly spray often for bugs.

I decided to repost because I happen to get a much, much better photo of one of these guys (they all appear to be this same type). This is not even close to the largest one that has found its way into my bedroom, but this one chose to do it in the middle of the day so I wasn't as freaked out and had time to get the camera.

One good closeup, and one blurry size comparison (I threw a penny next to it).

Spider_Closeup.jpg

Spider_Size_to_Penny.jpg

Ohh yeah, and the reason for the post is that I would still like to get a positive ID on what kind of spider this is.

they are wolf spders, they get huge and the females have round black bodies, dont kill those by smashing they keep the babies in that ball and they will come out everywhere. they are not posinous however the bite does hurt and there is swelling and numbness till the swelling goes down. the only thing other than paramount that can keep out out/kill them is spectracide bug stop- walmart sells it cheapest. i had this problem in another house they drove me crazy they can get in anywhere. spray long before you go to bed dont get it on your skin. good luck!

Roxie04

Found one on my deck once. Did not know what kind it was though. Sprayed it and babies took off everywhere. I freaked!!!! I am terrified of spiders. Still turns my stomach when I think about it.

xobxdoc

they are wolf spders, they get huge and the females have round black bodies, dont kill those by smashing they keep the babies in that ball and they will come out everywhere. they are not posinous however the bite does hurt and there is swelling and numbness till the swelling goes down. the only thing other than paramount that can keep out out/kill them is spectracide bug stop- walmart sells it cheapest. i had this problem in another house they drove me crazy they can get in anywhere. spray long before you go to bed dont get it on your skin. good luck!

all spiders are poisonous

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'

I decided to repost because I happen to get a much, much better photo of one of these guys (they all appear to be this same type). This is not even close to the largest one that has found its way into my bedroom, but this one chose to do it in the middle of the day so I wasn't as freaked out and had time to get the camera.

One good closeup, and one blurry size comparison (I threw a penny next to it).

Spider_Closeup.jpg

Spider_Size_to_Penny.jpg

:yikes: I think I have some of those in my garage.