Amazon - I'm impressed!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
My Kindle bought the farm, among other midwestern mishaps over Thanksgiving.

I contacted them via email and they sent me a list of troubleshooting steps, none of which worked. So I called them to tell them that the Kindle was still fubar and they told me they would ship me a new one overnight, along with a shipping label so I could return the old one within 30 days.

That's it. They didn't want to give me a hard time, nor did I have to ask for a new Kindle. He said, try this real quick, and when it didn't work he said a new Kindle would be here on Tuesday.

We'll contrast that to the "customer service" you get from Best Buy.

SamSpade

This is one of the reasons I still am always going to prefer paper. A book doesn't go fubar, ever.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I thought about getting my husband a Kindle because he loves to read. Casually mentioned it to him to see if he was interested and he said no. He said he prefers to actually hold a book while reading.

As far as Amazon's return policy, they are great. I bought something from them before and had to return it. They gave me a free new item as long as I returned the other within 30 days. I buy alot of stuff from them and have never had a problem.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I thought about getting my husband a Kindle because he loves to read. Casually mentioned it to him to see if he was interested and he said no. He said he prefers to actually hold a book while reading.

Good for him! Me too. I don't like the Kindle. Not even a little. It's just wrong. Morally, spiritually, bathroom-ily, ya da ya da ya...

:lol:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Good on Amazon. What about your downloaded materials?

They'll get reloaded on the new Kindle. Since the books are digital, Amazon has a record of my purchases and they'll let you re-download them whenever you want.

Try that with a paperback. :drummer: