Green Lights

Literally. News article on CBS. In states that have severe winters, they're finding out that the newer "green" LED traffic lights don't generate enough heat to melt the snow off them, and they cannot be seen. So now people are getting upset and saying "something needs to be done".

Ok, how about staying off the roads if the weather is that bad?? :lol:

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
Now they'll put a committee together and decide that they need heaters in the lights that use more electricity than the original bulbs alone did!!
It's the same stupidity that went along with the race for voting polls to go "paperless". The first thing they said (because of the frail nature of electronic memories) was: "we need a paper trail".
All this going "green" is going to destroy America and Gore can't be found! Where is he BTW? The temps are at record lows so what's his thoughts about global warming now? Would it matter?
When the entire nation goes green with LED's everywhere, the power company will cry that they're not making enough money and raise their rates! My point is that when idiots rule, NO ONE is going to ever be happy. Sometimes improvements are far from it and things not broken are better left alone!!

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Literally. News article on CBS. In states that have severe winters, they're finding out that the newer "green" LED traffic lights don't generate enough heat to melt the snow off them, and they cannot be seen. So now people are getting upset and saying "something needs to be done".

Ok, how about staying off the roads if the weather is that bad?? :lol:

You ever lived North of the Mason Dixon??

Nothing short of a Blizzard keep people off of the road, or slow them down, in New England..

You just hope there's enough people on the road in front of you to keep enough snow off the travel lane, and the person in fron of you, who's taillights you are following, stays on the road.

You ever lived North of the Mason Dixon??

:lol: Born and raised in NY, spent every winter in NY, VT, NH, MA on the mountain tops.

Which is kind of why I was joking about this... you'd figure that people from the northern mid-west wouldn't even blink about weather and lights. I just found it very funny they would complain at all.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
:lol: Born and raised in NY, spent every winter in NY, VT, NH, MA on the mountain tops.

Which is kind of why I was joking about this... you'd figure that people from the northern mid-west wouldn't even blink about weather and lights. I just found it very funny they would complain at all.

True.. and not like, during bad weather, you can see the lights anywaY!

:ITSBOB:

The heaters won't use more power than the bulbs, but they will cost a lot more.

Naw. They can hire the homeless to wipe the snow off for less than the cost of the heaters and electric.

Ok, not really, but it's a "green" thought.......

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
The whole CO2 thing is just insane.
CO2 is at most 0.04% of the atmosphere
MAYBE 6% of that is man made so we're talking 0.0024% of the atmosphere
So let's spend a billion dollars to get it from 0.0024% down to 0.0023% :rolleyes:
We know that, so why is it that when a FOOL like Gore says something, every moron believes him and when a few smart folks say something, only a few believe them. (rhetorical, actually).