Chase Mortgage Services

GopherM

Darwin was right
I am one of the homeowners that had their mortgage traded off when WAMU went broke. My mortgage was transferred to Chase and so far I am NOT impressed. The transition seemed to be smooth and I was able to access my mortgage records online and everything was in order.

When the end of the month rolled around and the mortgage payment was due (auto transfer from my credit union) I received two emails from Chase that were time stamped about 1 minute apart. The first thanked me for my payment and the second (1 minute later) advised me that my payment had not been received and that I was in danger of being late on my payment.

I went back to their website and verified that the payment had gone in and that all was well.

One week later I receive another email thanking me for my mortgage payment of approximately $58,000. I quickly check my credit union balance to see if anything had been transferred out, but it was good. No one had bankrupted me. I'm thinking now that this is pretty good. My mortgage has been paid in full with a bunch left over in escrow and it hasn't cost me a thing.

About 2 hours later and before I can contact Chase to get things straight I received another email saying...Woops! Sorry! You got an email from us about a financial transaction on your mortgage account that didn't really happen. Our bad.

The transfer from WAMU to Chase was almost a year in planning. You would think they would have their act together a little better than this, especially where automatic payments are being made.

Aerogal

USMC 1983-1995
Hopefully it was growing pains and not a sign of things to come. I have them too (due to brokering my mortgage), and am not impressed. Watch out for the auto payment thing, if you set it up the wrong way you'll be charged a fee each transaction. :coffee:

GopherM

Darwin was right
Hopefully it was growing pains and not a sign of things to come. I have them too (due to brokering my mortgage), and am not impressed. Watch out for the auto payment thing, if you set it up the wrong way you'll be charged a fee each transaction. :coffee:

My autopay was already set up with WAMU and all of the existing account services transferred over automatically. I owe so little that it is not worth refinancing, so I guess I'll ride it out for about 2 more years.

My brother had them with his last house and several of his friends also financed through Chase and I have heard similar stories and problems from others. Too bad I didn't have a choice in where my mortgage went.