Smcps Closed

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
Who cares how the roads are going to be, there just giving them a break for once. Some family time! That's if that site and this thread is serious and real.

That's what I was thinking, I will wait to get local info first, but it would be great for the kids!!

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)
Who cares how the roads are going to be, there just giving them a break for once. Some family time! That's if that site and this thread is serious and real.

A break for once? They are getting ready to have 2 weeks off.

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
Isn't it a bit early for them to predict how the roads are going to be?:confused:

They're probably going on past experience with how long it'll take to get all of the subdivisions & back roads plowed out enough for the school buses and then adding in the fact that it's a two-day week and close to the holidays. I applaud them for making a sane decision in a timely manner instead of waiting until the last minute like everyone else does. St. Mary's Public Schools gets an A+ in my book for this one.

sunflower

Loving My Life...
Wirelessly posted (SCH-U350/1.0 NetFront/3.0.22.2.18 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

sockgirl77 said:
Isn't it a bit early for them to predict how the roads are going to be?:confused:

It's not just the roads, the schools parking lots and sidewalks must be done. I think this thread is bs

stars24

As someone else said in another thread, I'm sure it is as much a cost-saving measure as it is a weather-related issue.... Employees are on Code-3 meaning even 12-month employees are not to report. They are saving on electricity and heat at all the buildings... and don't have to pay as much overtime for all the prep that would have to be done at each school to open (plowing, salting, etc.).

sockgirl77

The site is real and it's correct. The kids already have plenty of time off this year. Wonder how many snow days they were given. It would be a damn shame if SMCPS used them all up early and they got stuck going to school even later in June then they're already scheduled to.

glitch

Devil's Advocate
The site is real and it's correct. The kids already have plenty of time off this year. Wonder how many snow days they were given. It would be a damn shame if SMCPS used them all up early and they got stuck going to school even later in June then they're already scheduled to.

As usual, 5 snow days were scheduled into the calendar.