Should Non-Christians celebrate Christmas?

Highlander

ONE NATION UNDER GOD
This is the question that should be asked. CHIRSTmas is a celebration of the birth of CHRIST. Why do non believers celebrate?

PsyOps

Pixelated
It makes me wonder how many people turned to Christ because of this holiday.

But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord. - Luke 2:10-11

Christmas is for everyone.

Beta84

They're out to get us
This is the question that should be asked. CHIRSTmas is a celebration of the birth of CHRIST. Why do non believers celebrate?

Interesting question. I know non-believers that celebrate. Some, obviously, are related to Christians, live with Christians, are friendly with Christians, etc etc...and are helping them celebrate.

But I'm sure your question is more about people who don't believe and are celebrating for themselves. The answer? Christmas has been Americanized. With all of the ads everywhere, music playing in all of the stores, discussion of Christmas, making it a national holiday, and all of that, it is basically an American holiday. If we get it off as one of the federal holidays then how can it not be considered an American holiday?

As a mostly Christian nation, Christmas has been pretty much turned into a national, non-denominational holiday instead of a religious one. Sure, some people keep the religious stuff going, but those who don't celebrate Christmas are 'weird' or 'different', so a bunch of people opted to celebrate so they could keep their children feeling accepted or at the very least, not jealous.

Do you see any holidays from other religions that are heavily advertised non-stop, that almost everyone celebrates, where everyone gets the day off? If there was another holiday from another religion that was blown up in your face so much then maybe people would celebrate that too. As it stands, Christmas is basically an American holiday so a bunch of Americans who aren't believers in Christianity will celebrate it.

Highlander

ONE NATION UNDER GOD
Interesting question. I know non-believers that celebrate. Some, obviously, are related to Christians, live with Christians, are friendly with Christians, etc etc...and are helping them celebrate.

But I'm sure your question is more about people who don't believe and are celebrating for themselves. The answer? Christmas has been Americanized. With all of the ads everywhere, music playing in all of the stores, discussion of Christmas, making it a national holiday, and all of that, it is basically an American holiday. If we get it off as one of the federal holidays then how can it not be considered an American holiday?

As a mostly Christian nation, Christmas has been pretty much turned into a national, non-denominational holiday instead of a religious one. Sure, some people keep the religious stuff going, but those who don't celebrate Christmas are 'weird' or 'different', so a bunch of people opted to celebrate so they could keep their children feeling accepted or at the very least, not jealous.

Do you see any holidays from other religions that are heavily advertised non-stop, that almost everyone celebrates, where everyone gets the day off? If there was another holiday from another religion that was blown up in your face so much then maybe people would celebrate that too. As it stands, Christmas is basically an American holiday so a bunch of Americans who aren't believers in Christianity will celebrate it.

Great answer. I have to agree. Merry Christmas!

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
Ya spelled CHRISTmas wrong dude!
Most non believers do it for the presents & parties. There were hundreds of infidels at "Cheeseburger" today for their office party. :lmao:
Seriously though, I would hope that someone, somewhere might find Christ through Christmas so I have no problem with anyone celebrating it.
I DO have a BIG problem with people who don't believe in it trying to stop the celebration of Christmas though!
I used to have a problem with non believers getting the benefits of Christmas: Getting time off mainly. If they don't believe, they should NOT get the time off for it. Watch how fast they'd claim to be believers...:starcat:
As a mostly Christian nation, Christmas has been pretty much turned into a national, non-denominational holiday instead of a religious one.
but, but the Obamination said "we WEREN'T a Christian nation any longer"...

MMDad

Lem Putt

Are you trying to exclude people from your club? If so, then no they shouldn't.

If not, what better way to spread the word than to ask non-believers to join the celebration?

Larry Gude

Strung Out

Because it is a break in the routines of life for friends and family to gather in fellowship and love and eat, drink and be merry and celebrate the season. We set out decorations, we give gifts of affection. Some of my friends and family circle are regular church goers, most are not. This doesn't affect the togetherness, at all.

:buddies:

Beta84

They're out to get us
Because it is a break in the routines of life for friends and family to gather in fellowship and love and eat, drink and be merry and celebrate the season. We set out decorations, we give gifts of affection. Some of my friends and family circle are regular church goers, most are not. This doesn't affect the togetherness, at all.

:buddies:

But are they all Christian, or just not heavily observant? That question includes people who were born Christian but have turned into atheists.

T

toppick08

But are they all Christian, or just not heavily observant? That question includes people who were born Christian but have turned into atheists.

:coffee:

"How to trap an atheist: Serve him a fine meal, then ask him if he believes there is a cook."
Author Unknown