ADvice on staying awake...

K

Katie

during work hours. Today I am so tired that I need to put toothpicks under my eyelids to keep from snoozing off.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
music helps me, if you are allowed to play it in your office space. Also, cold water - to drink and a quick walk and chat with others helps to change the brain pattern so you can go back to the boring routine which has you so sleepy eyed

Sierra39

Hairball Magnet
Don't eat too many carbs at lunch – causes you to "crash" afterwards and feel sleepy. A brisk walk is also good – gets your circulation going. A friend of mine takes ginko and says it helps, if you don't want to load up on caffeine. (which is MY drug of choice!) Keep hydrated with water – being dehydrated makes you groggy, too.

Make sure you get 7-8 hours sleep at night! That will help ALOT!

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Don't know what works for keeping you awake but if you nod off and are worried about the boss hammering you for it do like I do and just say "Amen" anytime you wake up.

K

Katie

actually I was dozing off at my computer screen and my boss poked his head in and was like "WAKE UP" with a big smile on his face.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Ken

Originally posted by Ken King
Don't know what works for keeping you awake but if you nod off and are worried about the boss hammering you for it do like I do and just say "Amen" anytime you wake up.

I love that!! It would work around here...everybody so pc about prayer rights, etc.