Discovery Channel..Whale Wars..LIB Trash

foodcritic

I have watched this show on several occasions. I wait for the Japanese to lob huge pepper spray bombs on to this ship of radicals.

The sanctimonious left wingers talk as if they are rescuing jews from german nazi concentration camps. :killingme

Heroes' of Discovery Channel Show Use Lasers on Japanese Whalers
Photo of Julia A. Seymour.
By Julia A. Seymour (Bio | Archive)
December 23, 2009 - 15:48 ET

The Discovery Channel program "Whale Wars" portrays the radical activists of the left-wing Sea Shepherd Conservation Society as heroes going up against Japanese whaling ships, instead of the pirate-like harassers they really are.

According to Ecorazzi.com, a self-proclaimed "green" gossip site, the group revealed it was using a "photonic disruptor" against the whaling crew. According to WickedLasers.com says that particular laser has been featured on another Discovery Channel program - "Future Weapons" - and it can "temporarily overwhelm a threat's visual senses."

Both Discovery and Ecorazzi paint the Sea Shepherd crew as heroes in the fight against evil whalers rather than expose the groups' extremist viewpoints. The "Whale Wars" Web page describes them as the only group standing between "a 750-ton whale-killing machine and its prey. Whale Wars follows the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society as they seek to end Japanese whaling once and for all."

'Heroes' of Discovery Channel Show Use Lasers on Japanese Whalers | NewsBusters.org

Papi4baby

You should have seen when season two started, a bunch of people from another forum invaded their forum and started making stupid comments about whale burgers and what not. It was fun :yahoo:.

ImnoMensa

You should have seen when season two started, a bunch of people from another forum invaded their forum and started making stupid comments about whale burgers and what not. It was fun :yahoo:.

I am not sure where I stand on whale preservation, but I have seen these people using their ship to disrupt Japanese ships engaged in whaling and often wondered why the Japanese put up with this crap.

I have wondered why the Japanese havent sent out a Naval ship to protect these fishermen from the attacks by these whacko's. So far the Japanese have been very reluctant to carry the fight, but perhaps in the future an RPG may appear and change the tone of battle.

Baywatchv8

I watched a couple of episodes and just give time a chance, they will eather kill one of there crew or sink there own ship. The captain of the The Steve Irwin is in such a rush to get to sea he doesn't spend time training his crew very well. He reminds me of Captain Ahab hunting the white whale Moby-Dick, ready to risk his crew to get what he wants.

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
I watched a couple of episodes and just give time a chance, they will eather kill one of there crew or sink there own ship. The captain of the The Steve Irwin is in such a rush to get to sea he doesn't spend time training his crew very well. He reminds me of Captain Ahab hunting the white whale Moby-Dick, ready to risk his crew to get what he wants.

I am all for them not to "over harvest" whales and I don't pay much attention to the issue but the people on the show are way over the top in my opinion in their attempts to protect the whales. Several episodes that I have seen warrant their boats to be sank, I think the whalers should take measures to cripple the Irwin and be able to protect their property. I would love to see the whalers launch boats and drop lines to get caught up in the props of the Irwin and harass them the same way they harass the fishing vessels.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
No longer an issue

Sea Shepherd will explore alternative strategies. We cannot now compete with Japan's far superior military grade technology and new "anti-terrorism" laws designed specifically to stop us. In addition the harassment and obstruction by the governments of the USA, Australia and New Zealand make it impossible for us to be effective.
We are not abandoning the campaign. We simply need to regroup, refocus and find alternative workable strategies and tactics.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/29/asia/japan-whaling-sea-shepherd/index.html

Bushy23

There is an international Ban on whaling. Has been that way for a long time. The whalers claim they are doing scientific "research" as a loophole...when they are absolutely harvesting whales for consumption, which is illegal.

Clem72

There is an international Ban on whaling. Has been that way for a long time. The whalers claim they are doing scientific "research" as a loophole...when they are absolutely harvesting whales for consumption, which is illegal.

What do you mean loophole? They need thousands of whales for their research of how best to prepare and cook whale. Eating whale is pervasive in that country, hell they serve it in school for lunch.