Tank Size is 75 or 80 gallon ??????

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I have a tank that is 48" long x 18" wide x 21" tall and I thought it was a 75 gallon but I'm being told it's probably an 80 gallon. Anyone know? I had it for sale in the classified section and listed it as 75/80 gallon since I wasn't sure. I have someone asking for the correct gallon size and I have no clue.

onebdzee

off the shelf
I have a tank that is 48" long x 18" wide x 21" tall and I thought it was a 75 gallon but I'm being told it's probably an 80 gallon. Anyone know? I had it for sale in the classified section and listed it as 75/80 gallon since I wasn't sure. I have someone asking for the correct gallon size and I have no clue.

I have 2 that size and they are both 75 gal

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
ah ha ! Thank you .... I hope that a 5 gallon difference doesn't make a big deal to the potential buyer - can't imagine it would though. Also I THINK I may have measured how tall it was wrong as 21" when maybe it's only 20"? 21" is an odd number and the other dimensions are even numbers. Maybe it's the trim that made it seem like 21".

I hope they buy it as I need to get it out of my shed. I need the space for others things I wish I wasn't storing LOL.

I have 2 that size and they are both 75 gal

belvak

Happy Camper
Measure the INSIDE dimensions

When she knocks off the difference between the inside and outside dimensions, it will get closer to 75 gallons

:yay: And takes into consideration the water displacement when adding gravel, decorations, etc.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
:yay: And takes into consideration the water displacement when adding gravel, decorations, etc.

That's part of the tank volume, water, air or dirt doesn't matter.
A tank will actually get slightly bigger when you fill it with water.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Good point !

I just looked online and this size tank costs several hundred dollars, so my $75 price is pretty cheap, so I hope it sells fast. Thanks for the help.

Measure the INSIDE dimensions

When she knocks off the difference between the inside and outside dimensions, it will get closer to 75 gallons

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I think it expired but if you're interested just PM me and we'll go from there. I only have 1 picture of it, and it's from the 18" wide side, as it's in the shed that way. Had to take that picture with my cell phone as I can't find the cable to my darn camera.

I hope to get it sold soon as we need money for the spay/neuter of some breeding barn cats. I am hoping to avoid litters of kittens in 2010 from this colony I recently discovered. The $75 will at least pay for 1 cat to be done I hope.

Where is your ad? I will look again but at first glance I didn't see it.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
I think it expired but if you're interested just PM me and we'll go from there. I only have 1 picture of it, and it's from the 18" wide side, as it's in the shed that way. Had to take that picture with my cell phone as I can't find the cable to my darn camera.

I hope to get it sold soon as we need money for the spay/neuter of some breeding barn cats. I am hoping to avoid litters of kittens in 2010 from this colony I recently discovered. The $75 will at least pay for 1 cat to be done I hope.

Thanks, check your PM in a moment.

I signed on to check on this and nearly forgot. :doh: I have a Bearded Dragon that is growing like the food is free and I am going to have to move her to a bigger tank.