Homeless camp?

onel0126

Bead mumbler
As you come off of Mattawoman-Beantown Road (MD 205) onto the north bound lanes of 301 there is a pond on the right. In the summer it is completely covered with lillypads. I've noticed that for the last couple of weeks there are tents set up along the banks of this pond with trash scattered about. I also know there used to be a homeless guy that hung out around that intersection talking to himself. Anybody else see this?

OldHillcrestGuy

Notice it last week and it catches your eye just about every time you merge onto 301, looked over today about 2 hours ago, and the guy who lives in there is a older white guy, bearded, maybe 50 really grubby and was actually walking along by the road when I came through I have spotted him a couple of times along the shoulder in that area.

Hoover

Notice it last week and it catches your eye just about every time you merge onto 301, looked over today about 2 hours ago, and the guy who lives in there is a older white guy, bearded, maybe 50 really grubby and was actually walking along by the road when I came through I have spotted him a couple of times along the shoulder in that area.

Clevalley needs to send him down to Economy RV and they can hook him up in a nice RV.:dance:

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
I've seen the old dude walking north on 301. Never noticed the tents. Will look today.

ShoeQueen77

Yep. Saw the poor guy out there in the freezing cold the other night. He was teetering in the middle of the very slim median strip right there.

bookrat

Homelessness is such a difficult issue to resolve.
Some fellas choose to live in tents then live a shelter...
So sad.

How do you help folks like this?

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Homelessness is such a difficult issue to resolve.
Some fellas choose to live in tents then live a shelter...
So sad.

How do you help folks like this?

If they have a tent and don't want to live in a shelter, why do you think they need help?
They're people not dogs so it's OK for them to be out in the cold

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
How do they stay warm when the temsp drop below 32?
You must never have been winter camping. Staying warm can be achieved by a little trick called layering. Also, he may be well-adapted to colder weather. May not be a comfortable lifestyle, but it is definitely doable.

onel0126

Bead mumbler
I'm not sure how mankind managed to survive without cellphones.

:sarcasm:

I was trying to convey to my 16 year old the other day what high school and for that matter college was like without cell phones. Or worse yet, having to do research in a library instead of the internet. I truly am old. :ohwell: