Dominos Pizza

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Seeing all the commercials of how they've changed everything, I decided to try them last night. There was no change, at least not for the good, in fact, I think it was worse, the sauce to me was too spicy and there was hardly any cheese on the pizza. I also got wings, which is usually all I eat from there but even they were dried and shriveled up and stuck to the foil. They lost me for good this time.

Beta84

They're out to get us
did you ask for your money back? they have that deal going if you watch the commercials.

it didnt sound much different. i was watching the colbert report the other day and he was showing their most recent commercials before they supposedly overhauled their recipe and it was talking about all of the herbs on their crust and in their sauce and stuff. so he was like "what the hell did they change then". i don't remember exactly, but it was a pretty good commentary on how full of crap Dominoes is. papa john's is better.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
did you ask for your money back? they have that deal going if you watch the commercials.

it didnt sound much different. i was watching the colbert report the other day and he was showing their most recent commercials before they supposedly overhauled their recipe and it was talking about all of the herbs on their crust and in their sauce and stuff. so he was like "what the hell did they change then". i don't remember exactly, but it was a pretty good commentary on how full of crap Dominoes is. papa john's is better.

I was watching that too, that's what made me decide to order. No I didn't ask for the money back, I just won't order from them again. Live and learn. I see them really tanking in the coming months.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I get annoyed when crap fast food places try to position themselves as something they're not.

Taco Hell, you are not a fine Mexican restaurant.

McDonalds, you are not a gourmet burger joint and trendy coffee bar.

And Dominos, you are not a pizzaria.

There is comfort in crap fast food. We like it. We know what to expect. So don't insult us by trying to position yourself as upscale.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
I get annoyed when crap fast food places try to position themselves as something they're not.

There is comfort in crap fast food. We like it. We know what to expect. So don't insult us by trying to position yourself as upscale.

Amen to that. I see also now that Taco Hell is trying to say eating their food "could" help you lose weight, sounds like they are trying to go the Subway route. This makes me laugh.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It's like Jeno's pizza rolls and ramen noodles. Nobody in their right mind expects them to be homemade or even restaurant quality. It's cheap and fast and satisfies our craving for junk food. The end.

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
Tried the Dominos THIN CRUST yesterday from the Chesapeake Beach Dominos, it was actually good, will be purchased again when my once every 30 days pizza day comes around again.lol

Beta84

They're out to get us
I was watching that too, that's what made me decide to order. No I didn't ask for the money back, I just won't order from them again. Live and learn. I see them really tanking in the coming months.
the Colbert Report is what got you to try it? But he was bashing them and it discouraged me. :lmao:

agreed usually. I haven't tried McDonald's 'new' coffee (not THAT new anymore) but some heavy coffee drinkers I know told me it was better. None of them live out here though, so I don't know.

agreed usually. I haven't tried McDonald's 'new' coffee (not THAT new anymore) but some heavy coffee drinkers I know told me it was better. None of them live out here though, so I don't know.

I used to hate McD coffee, bitter, scorched. The "new" coffee is actually pretty good. Not talking about the various flavors or styles, just plain coffee.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
the Colbert Report is what got you to try it? But he was bashing them and it discouraged me. :lmao:

He was eating the pizza and saying how good it was, guess he was being sarcastic and I didn't catch it?

MrZ06

I love Texas Road House
I love dominos pizza. I would mary a dominoes pizza if it was allowed in maryland.

Suz

33 yrs & we r still n luv
Seeing all the commercials of how they've changed everything, I decided to try them last night. There was no change, at least not for the good, in fact, I think it was worse, the sauce to me was too spicy and there was hardly any cheese on the pizza. I also got wings, which is usually all I eat from there but even they were dried and shriveled up and stuck to the foil. They lost me for good this time.

We had domino's Tuesday night. AWFUL!!! They've lost our business.

Bay_Kat

Tropical

Not sure what they changed or think they changed but it was not good. I read some of the comments on twitter and looks like a lot of people are complaining. Don't think Dominos is going to have a very good 2010.

puggymom

Amen to that. I see also now that Taco Hell is trying to say eating their food "could" help you lose weight, sounds like they are trying to go the Subway route. This makes me laugh.

I thought it was a joke at first. Like those fake commercials with the energizer bunny or something years ago.

I thought it was a joke at first. Like those fake commercials with the energizer bunny or something years ago.

What, are you saying the energizer bunny isn't REAL?! :cds:

They lost my business a looooong time ago. Not sure it had to do with how sucky their pizza is, I just loooooove Papa Johns :drool: (I mean, if we're talking delivery :lol:)