Help Scams - Beware

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Someone else just posted about the Home Depot scam.

Beware!

A 'heads up' for those men who may be regular Home Depot customers. This one caught me by surprise.

Over the last month I became a victim of a clever scam while out shopping. Simply going out to get supplies has turned out to be quite traumatic. Don't be naive enough to think it couldn't happen to you, or your friends.

Here's how the scam works: Two seriously good-looking 21 to 23 year-old girls come over to your car or truck as you are packing your shopping into the trunk/bed. They both start wiping your windshield with a rag and Windex, with their breasts almost falling out of their skimpy T-shirts! It is impossible not to look. When you thank them and offer them a tip, they say 'No' and instead ask you for a ride to McDonalds. You agree and they get into the back seat. On the way, they start undressing Then, one of them climbs over into the front seat and starts crawling all over you, while the other one steals your wallet.

I had my wallet stolen May 4th, 9th, 10th, twice on the 15th, 17th, 20th, 24th & 29th. Also June 1st & 4th, twice on the 8th, 16th, 23rd, 26th & 30th, three times last weekend and very likely again this upcoming Monday.
So tell your friends to please be careful.

P.S. Wal-Mart has wallets on sale for 2.99 each....
I found cheaper ones for $1.99 at K-Mart and bought them out.
Also, you never will get to eat at McDonalds.
I've already lost 11 pounds just running back and forth to Home Depot..

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet
Someone else just posted about the Home Depot scam.

Beware!

A 'heads up' for those men who may be regular Home Depot customers. This one caught me by surprise.

Over the last month I became a victim of a clever scam while out shopping. Simply going out to get supplies has turned out to be quite traumatic. Don't be naive enough to think it couldn't happen to you, or your friends.

Here's how the scam works: Two seriously good-looking 21 to 23 year-old girls come over to your car or truck as you are packing your shopping into the trunk/bed. They both start wiping your windshield with a rag and Windex, with their breasts almost falling out of their skimpy T-shirts! It is impossible not to look. When you thank them and offer them a tip, they say 'No' and instead ask you for a ride to McDonalds. You agree and they get into the back seat. On the way, they start undressing Then, one of them climbs over into the front seat and starts crawling all over you, while the other one steals your wallet.

I had my wallet stolen May 4th, 9th, 10th, twice on the 15th, 17th, 20th, 24th & 29th. Also June 1st & 4th, twice on the 8th, 16th, 23rd, 26th & 30th, three times last weekend and very likely again this upcoming Monday.
So tell your friends to please be careful.

P.S. Wal-Mart has wallets on sale for 2.99 each....
I found cheaper ones for $1.99 at K-Mart and bought them out.
Also, you never will get to eat at McDonalds.
I've already lost 11 pounds just running back and forth to Home Depot..

:killingme

If you really want to help, simply send whatever you wish to American Red Cross-Disaster Relief. Money only. They have no way to collect and distibute food, clothes etc.They will distibute bundles which will have food, water, first aid etc. They have been doing this a very long time and know the best way to get the most help to the most people.

E-mail received from my ID Theft Protection group:

Zander Insurance Warns Members of Haiti Relief Effort Scams

With the devastation that has occurred in Haiti and the intense desire of people to help, there are some important steps to follow to make sure your donation and help does not expose you to becoming a victim of identity theft.

• Make your donations through major, well-known relief organizations.
• Do not respond to unsolicited e-mails –even if they look legitimate since they often contain malicious software and viruses that will infect your computer.
• Don't be pressured into contributing over the phone. Scam artists use phone techniques to contact victims and retrieve their personal info for improper use.
• If contributing on line, enter the charities web address yourself instead of using links from unsolicited emails. ID Thieves use email phishing schemes to redirect you to imposter sites.
• Debit card companies never send you e-mail alerts or call you to solicit funds.
• Verify the legitimacy of charities by using Web sites such as the Better Business Bureau's Wise Giving Alliance, or American Institute of Philanthropy.

The need for help is tremendous and we want to make sure your compassion and charity are not wasted.

ewashkow

sorry and as heartless as this sounds, all my donations stay in-country but thanks for the warning.

I'm the same way when I donate money. We have to many problems here that mirror problems in other parts of the world(starvation, disease, etc) so why do people keep sending their money to other countries instead of offering to help fellow US citizens out?