After 9 years

Imthemom

After 9 years with no contact what so ever and never given me a penny the so called father would like to see my son. What should I do? Is it possible he could get visitation rights?:mad:

Doctor

Dr. Mat
After 9 years with no contact what so ever and never given me a penny the so called father would like to see my son. What should I do? Is it possible he could get visitation rights?:mad:

Did you ever file with the courts for child support?

I don't think you can stop him from seeing him. But you are more then welcome to say no and see how it goes

Macluvr

Oh yes definitely and he could be given over night visits right off the bat! Happened to me after 4 years, I'm sure it's not much different for 9. I pray for you that it is though, because to this day I hate that miserable SOB for ruining my happy family life.

Beta84

They're out to get us
how old is your son? is he late on child support or did you never have him file for it?

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer

If the guy isn't a drugg addict or have the potential to hurt him, I would let him see the kid. If he ends up booking again, then at least your son will know he's a d**k on his own. Keep an eye out that he isn't looking to manipulate him..but I would give him a chance, if it were me. Good luck.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
He would have to file with the court for visitation. How old is your kid? What were the circumstanses surronding him not seeing the child?

blondie4512

It's very well possible, but the judge isn't gonna hand your son over to a complete stranger.. Visitation at first will probably be supervised and gradually move on from there. He could have had a huge change and heart and this could be a great thing for your son.

Tina2001aniT

IMO there is not enough data here to determine anything. Why did he go 9 years, has he always known about the child? Is he a decent guy, i.e no drugs or criminal activity? Did you ever file for child support??

Macluvr

It's very well possible, but the judge isn't gonna hand your son over to a complete stranger.. Visitation at first will probably be supervised and gradually move on from there. He could have had a huge change and heart and this could be a great thing for your son.

BS! The judge did it to my son and he was only 4! That judge doesn't give a rats ass about that child and don't let them fool you.

Imthemom

IMO there is not enough data here to determine anything. Why did he go 9 years, has he always known about the child? Is he a decent guy, i.e no drugs or criminal activity? Did you ever file for child support??

He didn't want to see him. He just left when he was 1 month old. No, no criminal activity that I know of.

It's kind of implied, but not stated: The boy is your son. Is this man the father of this boy? If not, he has no business asking.

If he is, and it sounds like he is, ask him up front why he wants to see the boy. If the reason is within acceptable, go thru the courts to get visitation rights, just to keep everything from going south. the courts will, with your inputs, set the rules of engagement.

The other question is: are you divorced from this man? That could change everything....

Last edited:

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
BS! The judge did it to my son and he was only 4! That judge doesn't give a rats ass about that child and don't let them fool you.

Sounds like there is way more to your story than a judge who didnt give a rats ass. I have paid support, received visitation and gone the other way with it when my oldest was in my custody. I didnt have a single problem during my ordeal. Judge cared enough to tell my wife to STFU in her court room after my ex started waving BS flags.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
pretty big mistake.

Why? I had a child support order for baby #1 that was NEVER enforced. It was more of a PITA for me to try to get it enforced than it was worth so I haven't persued it. I was a big girl and made a baby with a dirt bag so I pay for my kid by myself. It's not so black and white.

blondie4512

Maybe you should of had a better lawyer... Handing a child over to a complete stranger can be traumatizing and any therapist would back that up in court..