Dirt bike laws in MD and CRE

MYJRT123

Just wondering what the rules are for dirt bikes in MD...can you ride them at 50 miles an hour on a residential street where there are kids that can be killed? I'm wondering because I have these awful neighbors that in addition to their crappy dirt bikes they've also decided to start a crappy rock band and practice all hours of the day and night.

KVF323

Just wondering what the rules are for dirt bikes in MD...can you ride them at 50 miles an hour on a residential street where there are kids that can be killed? I'm wondering because I have these awful neighbors that in addition to their crappy dirt bikes they've also decided to start a crappy rock band and practice all hours of the day and night.
start smearing dog poo and egg all over their house :yay:

Vince

After 10pm it's called disturbing the peace. Call the cops.

muttdog

Two words, spike strips:yay:

I swear officer, I have not idea how that board with all those nails sticking out of it, got in the middle of the street.

dontknowwhy

After 10pm it's called disturbing the peace. Call the cops.

Look into the local county noise ordinance. There is no set time in St. Mary's for disturbing the peace. could be after 10 at night. could be in the middle of the day. As far as the dirt bikes...can't help ya.

KVF323

theyre def not allowed on the street. but you cant do anything about it.

they have to be caught actually on the street by a cop.
i think bikes over 125 are legally allowed on the street, but they might need tags for it, you could call bike dealership, they should know.

bohman

I don't know what area you're talking about, but if you report the bikes, St. Mary's sheriffs will send out extra patrols. They will at least temporarily put a stop to the dirt bikes. Eventually the patrols will go elsewhere and the bikes return, but you get at least a few weeks of peace & quiet.

As for the crappy rock band, I've not dealt with that one yet. Good luck.

KVF323

all dirt bikes are street legal, no one ever has to wear a helmet, even if they are going over 50 mph :yay: their all rumors to boost the economy! :yay:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
If it's under 50cc, do they need a helmet? The majority of the mopagens I see don't have them on.

Nobody NEEDS a helmet till they eat a tree :lol:

49cc is considered a motorized bicycle, the bicycle laws apply and I think that helmet requirements depend on age.

... or whether you think it's cool to wear gay spandex while riding your bicycle.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
all dirt bikes are street legal, no one ever has to wear a helmet, even if they are going over 50 mph :yay: their all rumors to boost the economy! :yay:

good thing you're cute :huggy:

To be street legal, you need lights (turn signals, head and brake), a license plate and DOT approved tires

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet
I don't know what area you're talking about, but if you report the bikes, St. Mary's sheriffs will send out extra patrols. They will at least temporarily put a stop to the dirt bikes. Eventually the patrols will go elsewhere and the bikes return, but you get at least a few weeks of peace & quiet.

As for the crappy rock band, I've not dealt with that one yet. Good luck.

The title of the thread says.... said:
Maryland and CRE

:doh: :killingme

O

ohsnoes

From the December 2009 Round Up Times newsletter....

Off road vehicles of any kind, including, but not limited to: dirt bikes, ATV's, go-carts, motor scooters or anything similar to, are prohibited in CRE and a fine of $150.00 can be levied against the offender.

Noise pollution has similar fines and is detailed as well in the December 2009 Round Up Times. You may go online to view or stop by the admin office between 8a-4p and ask for a copy. For noise pollution it states that 3 confirmed complaints within 60 days as confirmed by security can result in $150.00 fine.

File a complaint with general manager Deborah Huddleston at the admin office. 410-326-3182