Wine in a box...

rpexie

.:Georgia Peach:.
... eeekkk Im so tired of my wine spoiling before I can finish it, I did it... I bought wine-in-a-box! Its definitely different... what do yall think? Yes or no to the wine in a box? :shrug:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I get bored with wine snobs who sneer at wine in a box. A bag like that is actually the perfect vessel for wine because it doesn't let air in every time you pour a glass.

Now the brands of wine that come in the box...yeah. But if you can get something besides Riuniti in a box, why wouldn't you?

If you really valued our opinion you would started this thread BEFORE you purchased the wine in a box.

:lance:

rpexie

hmmmm!

Well, theres more boxes out there than just the one I bought. So, I still care about peoples opinion, especially yours Lance.. dont hold out on me! :howdy:

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
0.o what the hell is flame!? Sounds scary. Im new!! Be gentle?

You do know that when the box seems to run out that you can open it and squeeze another glass or 2 out of the bag? My sister taught me this trick :yay:

dustin

UAIOE
in the old days the bearded ones put their wine in animal intestine bags... so wine in a box is more traditional than wine from a bottle

ylexot

Super Genius
We actually get the really cheap stuff, Franzia Merlot. At ~$15 for 5L, it can't be beat and it tastes pretty good to me.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
We should do a wine tasting. To me it all tastes like nail polish remover, even though I'm trying to acquire a palate for it. I'd be interested if winos like Jazz and Dye could tell the difference between the cheap crap and the good stuff in a blind taste test.

rpexie

Running Hare

We should do a wine tasting. To me it all tastes like nail polish remover, even though I'm trying to acquire a palate for it. I'd be interested if winos like Jazz and Dye could tell the difference between the cheap crap and the good stuff in a blind taste test.

I was the same way, but I started off with Sangria and kind of lulled my palate into trying different kinds. Now reds are my favorite, Im exploring whites though. I agree with you that would be awesome to have a wine tasting I know there is a vineyard in Calvert Co. Running Hare Vineyard! Ive been wanting to go there and see what they have!

My brother does that all the time. He gets a group of people together and they all bring a wrapped bottle so no one knows what is what. You'd be surprised what inexpensive wines are actually rated very well. He said they even threw in a bottle of Old Fart and it got good reviews! :lol:

Pete

Repete
I was the same way, but I started off with Sangria and kind of lulled my palate into trying different kinds. Now reds are my favorite, Im exploring whites though. I agree with you that would be awesome to have a wine tasting I know there is a vineyard in Calvert Co. Running Hare Vineyard! Ive been wanting to go there and see what they have!

You should try Thomas West Virginia :yay:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Running Hare Vineyard!

We went to a tasting there and their wines were really good.

St. Michael's Vineyard has a chocolate Zin that I thought tasted like puke backwash, but Dye liked it really well and another friend of mine loves it.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

:howdy:

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member
I love the Black Box wine. :clap:

Haven't had too much luck with the screw top though. :dead:

rpexie

My brother does that all the time. He gets a group of people together and they all bring a wrapped bottle so no one knows what is what. You'd be surprised what inexpensive wines are actually rated very well. He said they even threw in a bottle of Old Fart and it got good reviews! :lol:

I totally agree with that, and Viralblonde who said she was sick of bottle snobs, sometimes cheap stuff can be much better tasting and hell the money I saved makes it that much sweeter!! But it reminds me of those Pizza Hut commercials where they set it up to be a fancy restaurant and everyone is commenting on it then Pizza Hut comes in :::hehe::: but people look dissapointed if its good.. its GOOD I say! Im down for a tasting!